• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I think it is fair to say that Newcomers will not be shown in a random daily update. So far it's been strictly veterans, so there really is no indication that Little Mac or any newcomer for that matter would be revealed on a specific date, as it hasn't happened yet.

What makes more sense to me (Considering the trailers they will each be getting), is that characters will be revealed via Nintendo Directs and events such as E3. With this in mind, I theorize that we'll get some new characters next month in the Nintendo Direct. It makes sense because what else would they cover if they are going through 2014 games? "X" and Smash Bros are the heavy hitters that everybody cares about. I can guarantee we'll get something substantial.
inb4 next newcomer shown on random weekly update

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
There are a couple of reasons.
1. They are advocated in the best selling Wii games of all times. This is similar to Wii Fit Trainer (based on sales).
2. It would be a universal interpretation of all Smash players.
3. Miis are a central aspect of the Wii and the Wii U. This game is intended to be a console seller.
4. Casuals love it, and Smash is a party-game. So the two seem to correlate.
5. The leak had Miis as one of the leaked characters (which some people still believe because of the correct WFT guess).
6. Villager (the assumption that they wouldn't work in Smash is not relevant anymore. Sakurai might have even changed his mind). He even looks like one, haha.
7. Sakurai continues to allude to some sort of character customization. Miis are the effigy of customization to Nintendo.

Those are the only reasons I can think of.

I remember an interview where sakurai said he dont want look's customization, only the attacks.
Basically what i think, but i was thinking more in a mii costume for all the characters, other than a real mii character, because thats basically how they work in nintendo land and mario kart, and also makes more sense to me.
You pick a character, select a mii avatar, you dress like the character you choose and use that moveset, basically a "mirror" character like charade from soul calibur.

If is not like that, i really doubt it.
I have an idea inspired on the wiimote but nah, i just don't see them otherwise.

Morbi

Scavenger
Anna, Lip, and Palutena for Christmas reveal please Sakurai??????
I couldn't help but notice that you are predicting Anna 4 times... haha. Is there a reason? I recently purchased FE Awakening, and I have to say that I am inclined to agree. I want her in Smash so badly. Maybe as an assist trophy.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I couldn't help but notice that you are predicting Anna 4 times... haha. Is there a reason? I recently purchased FE Awakening, and I have to say that I am inclined to agree. I want her in Smash so badly. Maybe as an assist trophy.
She's a badass recurring merchant in the FE series. I want her more than any other FE newcomer. :shades:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Sorry i was busy and couldnt finish my post, but i was asking because there is NO REAL REASON to put the miis, i mean both casuals and fans will buy the game for mario fighting with sonic and megaman, no for the avatars, they are nor a priority or necessity, i just dont see them like that.

Do you guys really see them like that?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Sorry i was busy and couldnt finish my post, but i was asking because there is NO REAL REASON to put the miis, i mean both casuals and fans will buy the game for mario fighting with sonic and megaman, no for the avatars, they are nor a priority or necessity, i just dont see them like that.

Not unless you see the customizability potential they have, they are pretty generic, but they are the perfect well-known Nintendo characters that could be spiced up with customization.

Morbi

Scavenger

No. The only reason I want Miis in the game is so that I can play as Jesus. I always felt like Jesus was more important to Nintendo's history than say... ROB (I know, the notion is crazy). He died for our sins, the least we can do is represent him in Smash. It isn't asking for much.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
No. The only reason I want Miis in the game is so that I can play as Jesus. I always felt like Jesus was more important to Nintendo's history than say... ROB (I know, the notion is crazy). He died for our sins, the least we can do is represent him in Smash. It isn't asking for much.
If you get to smash as Jesus then I'm playing as the pope

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think ridley will be revealed near christmas think about the most wanted newcomer for a christmas present

And for a veteran on december i think it will be ROB (Marth was revealed for no reason so why not ROB as well)

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I think ridley will be revealed near christmas think about the most wanted newcomer for a christmas present

And for a veteran on december i think it will be ROB (Marth was revealed for no reason so why not ROB as well)
No way: Ridley won't be revealed in December. As the most wanted newcomer so to say, Sakurai knows many fans want Ridley. As he knows this, he also knows how excited people will be after Ridleys reveal. Therefore it would be more intelligent to reveal Ridley shortly before the release, maybe at an event as huge as the E3 2014. Because otherwise people are for about 3-4 months like: HELL YEAH! RIDLEY IS IN SSB4!!!111 but when the game is released, people aren't as excited anymore because of Ridley. If Sakurai puts Ridley in, he won't reveal him that early.
Punch Out reveal (Little Mac) would be at least possible as we know the box ring stage since E3 2013, so since the first trailer. Also, Little Mac would be a nice reveal for Christmas as people are somehow hoping for him and he's not unlikely. Ridley however is by some people considered as a boss since he was already in Brawl and all the people that want him playable don't want to see him end up again as a boss and therefore would be much more excited if he were confirmed playable. Think about that one ;)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
How can we predict reveals?

This is Sakurai. WE CAN'T.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Again, we can predict when reveals may happen. Like how I am still sure we'll see a trailer and a few newcomers next month.

It is also possible that we get Zelda or Captain Falcon next week. We can predict, but we cannot know for sure. That is essentially what a prediction is.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'm pretty sure the only times we'll get Nintendo Direct reveals are when they are being headed by Iwata worldwide, not by the residential President of Nintendo.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm a little worried that the Direct next month is only going to be covering the first part of 2014 for the Wii U. Which would mean probably little if any focus on Smash Bros.

Then again, I could be wrong, and the Direct will focus on 2014 as a whole, which would cover Smash Bros. I just think it's too good of a time to not reveal something concerning the game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The banner for Marth was just taken down after a week.

Think Zelda is coming?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Zelda is the next one, what design should she be?

I'm one of those weird people that prefers her Twilight Princess look.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
@Swamp

I think we're getting Zelda this week if we're getting a vet (which is most likely), Captain Falcon as a runner up

@Bluepikmin

There is literally nothing pointing toward a Smash Direct whatsoever. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Thinking that Zelda will have her TP design with the Skyward Sword colors.

Kinda like what happened with Link.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Wait the banner is gone???
I think a Smash direct is coming.
Nice joke :p

Well, I'm excited who will be revealed next.

While thinking about it, I guess Sakurai also knows we are interested in seeing which Zelda design he will choose for SSB4. That said, I could see the reveal of Ganondorf happening just because everyone is betting on Zelda :p It's the Sakurai-thinking, you know. Don't show what people want, but show them something they didn't expect at that time.

If we don't get a 2nd veteran in November, I guess we will get 2 veterans in December. Why? Every 3 months: Two character reveals. Would fit perfect for now: in September, December, March, June, etc. Let's look at the reveals until now: In June we saw a first trailer that also revealed 2 newcomers, while a 3rd newcomer was revealed the same day. In September we've got 2 veteran reveals: Peach and Toon Link. Next logical month for two character reveals would definitely be December. Let's see if Sakurai follows this way or if it's again: "It's Sakurai, you can't predict anything!"

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Does anyone think rosalina is more likly now because of the new stage confirmed today
Considering a Mario Galaxy stage was bound to happen anyways, I don't really see why it would've helped her. I mean, we got a Super Mario 64 stage in Smash 64/Melee, we got a Sunshine stage in Brawl, and we got a Galaxy stage this game. Besides, it just makes sense that they would add stages from the most important games. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a 3D World stage considering we got a Windy Hills stage from Sonic Lost Worlds which was only recently released.

What helps her is the fact that she was confirmed playable on SM3DW. Besides, if that stage helps her, it also helps Bowser Junior...which consequentially hurts her as he is the forerunner right now.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I think Zelda will be next, or at least I hope. Just with all the hype around the 22nd, I think Sakurai may do something. He could always pull an X/Y, but there are three games next week. Anything could happen.

I do suspect Sakurai will show off Zelda with her new design, or primarily, her old design with brighter primary colors. I don't expect a radical change, just more refined looks.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It's either Zelda or Captain Falcon this month if we get one.

Also, this will prove that the banner going down indicates that we're getting a character sooner than later. Honestly, if there wasn't a reason to remove the banner, then why would Sakurai do it? Granted, he's random, but he has to have a method to his madness.

This is the week we're getting something if we get something else this month.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Sakurai is too unpredictable, in some cases, I'm going to bet someone different. Maybe Ganondorf instead to advertise ALBW, because Sakurai can even though Ganon doesn't appear in ALBW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom