• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I
You know what I would REALLY like?

The dates of the banners going up and being taken down in the first post. Being the only thing us fans can semi-rely on, it would be nice to have those available.
If you can find the dates then I'd be for it!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Judging today's Pic of the Day and past ones, I think Sakurai will always rely on the Japanese release dates for promotions and pretty much never on North American or European release dates.

Swampasaur, you made the argument that Luigi's reveal was based on the North American release of Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. I for one don't see that being the case: Dream Team wasn't mentioned at all for Luigi's inclusion in the Nintendo Direct they revealed him in (only the Year of Luigi was mentioned) and no region released Dream Team the same day as Luigi's reveal (yes, North America was the closest, but still a good amount of days away and the Nintendo Direct was kinda between Japan and North America).

So, in that case, I say there's extremely little to no possibility of us getting a reveal themed around The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds tomorrow (that game comes out in Japan December 26, a good ways from now.)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
@Wario Bros

We'll know for sure if it's all Japanese release dates if Zelda isn't revealed tomorrow. If it isn't Zelda, then I'd personally like to see Captain Falcon.

We're just going to have to wait and see on this one.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I shall update this thread!

America means nothing!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Darn, I really thought Sakurai was going to announce the Mario party dice as a playable character because of the release of Mario Party island tour today.

and it seemed so obvious. :(

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Zelda probably has some revamps going on.

Or, they can't decide her new Down B yet!

D

Deleted member

I shall update this thread!

America means nothing!
*holds up a picket fence saying "We matter too, Sakurai!"*
Darn, I really thought Sakurai was going to announce the Mario party dice as a playable character because of the release of Mario Party island tour today.

You mean him:

Yeah. I'm very surprised that he isn't a character yet.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Waluigi deconfirmed.

Please...

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
If Waluigi was made he would have a perfect moveset:

Up-B (Ground): Hits a Dice Block whatever number he gets does a special attack if someone is close by.
Up-B (Air): Waluigi Missile: He swims in the air
B: Tennis: You can tell what it does
Side-B: Koopa Shell: Throws Koopa Shell
Down-B: NYANYNANYA: The assist trophy move.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Waluigi was made he would have a GODAWFUL, TERRIBLE moveset:

Up-B (Ground): Does some bull****
Up-B (Air): Does some bull**** in the air
B: Some bull**** attack
Side-B: Another Godawful bull**** attack
Down-B: Being Waluigi, thus being Godawful and ****ty

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If Waluigi was made he would have a GODAWFUL, TERRIBLE moveset:

Up-B (Ground): Does some bull****
Up-B (Air): Does some bull**** in the air
B: Some bull**** attack
Side-B: Another Godawful bull**** attack
Down-B: Being Waluigi, thus being Godawful and ****ty
.... You know Diddy has the worst moveset right? Really just look at his moveset.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
.... You know Diddy has the worst moveset right? Really just look at his moveset.

What the **** did you just ****ing say about me, you little *****? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ******. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ****ing dead, kiddo.

No seriously, that moveset sucked. And Diddy's moveset is quite good, even though I don't agree that he got the Bananas and so little tail moves. It's still better than anything Waluigi could ever pull off, which at best is... Being a Luigified clone of Luigi. Which is just sad. Waluigi would be an embarassment on the Smash roster, but enjoy playing your Mario Party / Badminton / Horseriding with him.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh so making a death threat to someone most likely older than you. That's nice :)
He copied and pasted an old internet meme.

It's quite famous and quite obvious that he's joking.

His actual comment is in the spoiler below.

If you actually thought he was serious, then wow. I have no words...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He never appeared in Wrecking Crew. He never appeared in a game that's not a Mario-spinoff anyway. And if even Toad can't get in, why Waluigi? I'd rather see Paper Mario. After him, Toad in the next installment. Afterwards, if Smash gets like 60+ characters, Waluigi could be considered.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
He never appeared in Wrecking Crew. He never appeared in a game that's not a Mario-spinoff anyway. And if even Toad can't get in, why Waluigi? I'd rather see Paper Mario. After him, Toad in the next installment. Afterwards, if Smash gets like 60+ characters, Waluigi could be considered.
Thats nice and all but im talking about moveset, not character inclusion.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Thats nice and all but im talking about moveset, not character inclusion.

So what can he do that does actually make sence? Not the sort of stuff you're forced to pull if you wanna make Daisy look presentable I mean either.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi has access to the same moves that Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, Bowser, DK, Diddy and Wario could have, if they didn't have better, more personalized moves from their own adventures. That's the big problem.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Waluigi has access to the same moves that Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, Bowser, DK, Diddy and Wario could have, if they didn't have better, more personalized moves from their own adventures. That's the big problem.

But, Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, Bowser, DK, Diddy and Wario don't have any sort of those moves. Cause they have more personalized moves from their own game. Hence they are playable, and Waluigi isn't.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh well it's no problem, message wasn't to you anyway. Just for people who'd wanted to bring Waluigi up further.

So, no Zelda? Where you guys all really expecting her? We got Marth much earlier this month, so maybe Sakurai knew he was getting predictable with his dates?

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
So what can he do that does actually make sence? Not the sort of stuff you're forced to pull if you wanna make Daisy look presentable I mean either.
Well, first, i dont know why everybody think in a luigifed clone of luigi, he will end being a kind of luigifed clone of wario.
Second, you didnt know about the waluigi-wrecking crew connection? :smash:

And MorbidAltruism is right, waluigi is a sport character for the most, so there we have a lot of things to work with.
I even thought in the possibility of him representing the mario sport series with characters like this chick:

but then i realize how stupid that is so only the moveset pls :cool:

Btw, i can understand why everybody hate waluigi these days, he just sucks... no one would believe he actually beat bowser with his NYANYNANYA in mario party 3.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking that Sakurai will only reveal veterans to promote games if the game in question has sub-par advertising on television or the internet. A Link Between Worlds advertisements made its way to Comedy Central in the U.S. That's a pretty good indication that Nintendo doesn't need to use smashbros.com as a promotional tool right now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Marth got a link leading the the mainsite of Fire Emblem Awakening. Release dates don't mean ****. And ALBW has had an advertisement in Europe since the beginning of this week. Maybe even last week, I hate watching TV.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I can just hope Zelda will be revealed sometime before 2014 comes. In fact, that's what I expect.

Here's a thought. Sakurai could get even more unpredictable and reveal a character not very close to their game release. Like revealing Zelda next week.

Actually, is anyone expecting one more reveal in November?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom