• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Zelda -> Meta Knight/Dedede -> Diddy Kong

Thems be my predictions for the next three.

inb4 I get 0/3 right.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Zelda -> Meta Knight/Dedede -> Diddy Kong

Thems be my predictions for the next three.

inb4 I get 0/3 right.
I agree with you. However I could imagine we get already this week a reveal of a veteran, maybe something random like Falco or Captain Falcon ;)

Talking of Spring release, I would doubt it until there is a more reliable statement of someone like Sakurai himself. Still it could be true, especially, because Sakurai already said at the beginning of the dojo for SSB4 that he won't share so many pieces of information as he did for Brawl. Therefore we can't argue that because of the fact we don't get too much information in a short time makes an early release impossible. However if the release should be in Spring, I expect the next months more and more information because in that case, we would be already pretty close to the release. Who knows. Let's wait for an official statement from the man behind Smash or the man of Nintendo, Iwata. I would say these two are more reliable than Fakesch from Nintendo of Germany.

edit: We now know it for sure: Fakesch made a wrong statement. There isn't any clear release besides 2014 known and therefore let's just get rid of this point. At least, I read this news on a german news website just a few moments ago and I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't any clear release date yet besides the year 2014.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I have to say that I'm a bit surprised we didn't get any veteran confirmed yet because it's nearly the time to confirm a veteran. Somehow this seems to be another time we have to consider the point: "It's Sakurai. He is absolutely unpredictable!"

However this seems a bit too easy: Even Sakurai should know that in Europe and in America, Christmas is a big deal. Even if it may not be the same in Japan. So no character reveal in December is in my opinion less probable. I'm still convinced we will get at least one character reveal(newcomer or veteran) and as it doesn't look like Sakurai would reveal a character, this lets me guess a Nintendo Direct in December seems still very likely and a Direct would get more attention by all the Nintendo fans. So this seems to be the better time for a character reveal or even a few character reveals. (it's Christmas time, come on ;D)
In the December Direct I can see Nintendo showing a new trailer for DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros U/3DS. (and of course Nintendo would also show other games, but the biggest titles need to be set again in the spotlight so people may buy a WiiU for Christmas)
A new trailer for SSB4 would be perfect to reveal more characters at once and give even a newcomer the spotlight he/she deserves ;)

I don't know how you think about this, but I'm surprised no one is posting here to speculate who could be revealed this month. Zelda is still a probable choice, but who could be revealed if not Zelda?

D

Deleted member

I have no idea who Sakurai would reveal other than Zelda this month. Still, he could surprise us all with some other veteran or another newcomer, but I'm thinking that we will get Zelda. I bet we will get her on Christmas. Not because of the holidays, but because A Link Between Worlds is released one day after Christmas.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
In the December Direct I can see Nintendo showing a new trailer for DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros U/3DS. (and of course Nintendo would also show other games, but the biggest titles need to be set again in the spotlight so people may buy a WiiU for Christmas)
A new trailer for SSB4 would be perfect to reveal more characters at once and give even a newcomer the spotlight he/she deserves ;)
Wow Kon,you really like this thread XD
And a December Nintendo Direct with multiple reveals sounds awesome.

D

Deleted member

Wow Kon,you really like this thread XD
And a December Nintendo Direct with multiple reveals sounds awesome.
I would love to see a December Direct, but I think that they will do a Direct in January where they will have more information on SSB4, Tropical Freeze, Kirby Triple Deluxe, and other games. I see no point in having one now with the holidays and such.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see a December Direct, but I think that they will do a Direct in January where they will have more information on SSB4, Tropical Freeze, Kirby Triple Deluxe, and other games. I see no point in having one now with the holidays and such.
It would be a good opportunity to show people what they can expect from Nintendo in the upcoming months and why they shouldn't miss to buy already a Wii U for the upcoming games.

Of course Nintendo could also make a January Nintendo Direct for the same reasons. In that case I guess Zelda will be revealed for the release of A Link Between Worlds in Japan. Maybe that's the explanation for a compared to other months pretty late reveal this month.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Well idk if anyone's pointed this out but...the "Challenger Approaching" banner seems to be down. Don't know how long its been like that but that seems like a good sign.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Then maybe were getting a newcomer if the banner was down for such a long time, maybe they are preparing with a trailer.
That would really be something^^ Would be the best Christmas gift Sakurai could make to the fans ;)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I see three possibilities...

1. Sakurai is holding back a character until the next Nintendo Direct, where it will be revealed then. If that's the case, I expect either a Newcomer or a high profile veteran like :mewtwopm:,:roypm:, or:snake:.
2. Sakurai is holding back until the 26th so that he can reveal Zelda for the Japanese release date of A Link Between Worlds. But if that's the case, why not release a character in between to avoid a drought like he did with Peach for the drought of Luigi and Toon Link?
3. Sakurai is gonna do something unpredictable. As is his talent.

Thoughts?

D

Deleted member

I would love to see a December Direct, but I think that they will do a Direct in January
I have this weird conspiracy theory that Nintendo comes on this website and checks my posts about upcoming Nintendo Directs. I said before that they probably won't happen in November and December, but here we are now!
So yeah, there is a Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 6 AM Pacific time/9 AM Eastern time. It will focus on games that are being released in Spring 2014, but I won't rule out Smash.
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/12-18-2013

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ya know... If they talk about Pokemon Bank...

Then Mewtwo would be a great character to reveal...

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I have this weird conspiracy theory that Nintendo comes on this website and checks my posts about upcoming Nintendo Directs. I said before that they probably won't happen in November and December, but here we are now!
So yeah, there is a Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 6 AM Pacific time/9 AM Eastern time. It will focus on games that are being released in Spring 2014, but I won't rule out Smash.
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/12-18-2013
I'm pretty sure they will show at least a veteran if not even a newcomer. Why? Well, in August there was Nintendo Direct focusing on the upcoming titles(and we already knew Smash would not be released before 2014) and still there was a veteran reveal.

As for now, put on your bets. We got in every Nintendo Direct at least a veteran for Smash confirmed. (Luigi, Sonic) Therefore I can't imagine they will let us survive without any character reveal until the end of December (where they could reveal Zelda)

Why could they reveal a newcomer this time? Well, if Smash were released in Summer 2014, we would now in the middle of the waiting time until the release. Therefore it would be perfect to reveal a newcomer to get us hyped again for the next months where we will have to wait and where we will most certainly only see veterans being revealed. (except perhaps for E3 2014 again a few newcomers)

Of course we can already say which titles will definitely be in the Nintendo Direct. Here we go: Kirby Triple Deluxe, Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze as these games will be released in Winter-Spring 2014. Maybe also the already announced Yoshi games will be shown. In that case, it wouldn't be impossible to reveal Yoshi as confirmed veteran. Maybe because of DKC:TF they reveal either Dixie or King K.Rool(if they want to reveal a newcomer), even if King K.Rool isn't in DKC:TF. He still is a big name in the DK series and therefore they could even reveal him without having an appearance in DKC:TF. Other reason: It's Sakurai ;D
Maybe, as we know already, the first footage of Zelda U that Aonuma is preparing, will also be shown as some sort of teaser for 2014/2015. To be honest, I can't imagine that Nintendo wouldn't even say a single word about SSB4 as it's besides MK8 one of the next biggest systemsellers they have to offer the gamers.

Here are my character-predictions:

Newcomer possibilities:
- King K.Rool (due to popularity and importance to the DK series even without being in DKC:TF)
- Dixie Kong (DKC:TF)
- Little Mac (maybe because he's expected from so many Smash Bros fans and because we have already a stage that could be used as a hint for Little Mac, however there is no clear reason to reveal him in THIS Direct and not later on like at the E3 or another Nintendo Direct closer to the release of SSB4)
- some unexpected newcomers(like Dillon ;D) to surprise the audience ;)

Veterans maybe being confirmed:
- Yoshi (because of the two Yoshi games being in development)
- Zelda (however more likely for the japanese release of A Link Between worlds)

Speaking of the Nintendo Direct I would be totally flashed if Nintendo would reveal the new Miyamoto IP with an awesome trailer and say something like "This game will be released for WiiU in April 2014"
Maybe it's just me, but that would be really epic.

Starbound

Thinking Diddy, Yoshi or a Kirby character are the most likely to see tomorrow, but if they talk about ALBW, then I could see Zelda happening.

Unless they're like "BTW guys Smash 4 comes out in April have a trailer".

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Thinking Diddy, Yoshi or a Kirby character are the most likely to see tomorrow, but if they talk about ALBW, then I could see Zelda happening.

Unless they're like "BTW guys Smash 4 comes out in April have a trailer".
You know what's best about this: Sakurai did it again. No prediction possible. Who would have guessed Rosalina to be revealed today? xp

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Btw new points for the first post:
- Newcomers can be revealed in Nintendo Directs (Rosalina in the Nintendo Direct in December 2013)
- stages may be revealed before the newcomer the stages fit with (Rosalina and the Galaxy Stage)

By that, as already in the miiverse topic said, there are more possible newcomers we could imagine, refering to the already seen stages.

Ferox Arena: Chrom/Lucina/any other representant of Fire Emblem Awakening

Metroid Pyrosphere Stage: Ridley already hinted by Sakurai without showing Ridley as stage hazard

Box Ring: Could be unterstood as a hint for Punch Out! and Little Mac as a newcomer

Find Mii 2(?) stage with the dragon: Hint for the Miis

These are the ones I could remember from the Miiverse pictures topic. If I missed one, feel free to add it too :)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Updated with Rosalina info!

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
another thing to add is to watch Sakurai on Miiverse. Yesterday, along with the Miiverse post for today's screenshot, Sakurai told us to watch the direct.

Xigger

Smash Lord
I could have sworn we already knew to expect Smash announcements during the worldwide Nintendo Directs. (Original Announcement June, Luigi August, Sonic October, Rosalina now.)

Also, it seems we aren't closely watching that banner, but it seems like there isn't an identifiable pattern anymore, asides from it usually disappearing before another one is put up. Chances are they noticed they were too predictable.

Last-minute thought: Peach and Luigi were in the CG portions of the trailer. I don't know how far ahead of time they make these, but knowing Sakurai he probably planned the scripts from the beginning. Might that have an influence? Peach and Luigi needing announced before Rosalina?

D

Deleted member

Last-minute thought: Peach and Luigi were in the CG portions of the trailer. I don't know how far ahead of time they make these, but knowing Sakurai he probably planned the scripts from the beginning. Might that have an influence? Peach and Luigi needing announced before Rosalina?
If that's the case...
*patiently waits for Meta Knight and King Dedede to get confirmed so Bandana Dee can get confirmed*

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I could have sworn we already knew to expect Smash announcements during the worldwide Nintendo Directs. (Original Announcement June, Luigi August, Sonic October, Rosalina now.)

Also, it seems we aren't closely watching that banner, but it seems like there isn't an identifiable pattern anymore, asides from it usually disappearing before another one is put up. Chances are they noticed they were too predictable.

this is the first time we got an actual newcomer in the reveal. The rest were unconfirmed Veterans.

That's a great point. Sakurai appears to have an order planned out.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I think in the end, it will make sense. It's just that we are getting different puzzle pieces from different sections at this point.

When you think about it, it's a great way to hype about Smash 4. Even when you're not thinking about newcomers, you are trying to think about the order, and thus you are thinking about Smash.

Starbound

Yeah. There's many ways to build a puzzle, but the end result is always the same.

Unless you're building different puzzles. :p

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hmmm...

Well if the trailers were already made, then that would be an interesting topic to discuss.

For example, for K.Rool. Maybe we need Diddy revealed first? Diddy probably won't be revealed until Tropical Freeze comes out in February, so that's a bit of time to wait I suppose.

Any other thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom