• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
I think that, from now on, there will be 1 character reveal per month. We already have 25 characters so far, and if the roster have, say, 50 charaters, we already know half of the cast, and the game will probably be released in September or October. So, in order to avoid spoiling a big part of the cast, Sakurai will probably slow the characters reveals down.
Honestly I think that's a good thing. We can get other kinds of updats, like itens, stages, modes, and, most importantly, gameplay changes.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It all depends on what Sakurai is planning to do.

Based on his frustrations with having cutscenes and such leaked to the internet, it is somewhat plausible for him to reveal all characters prior to release. He has said, however, that all newcomer trailers will be available from the start, so that leads me to believe that he wouldn't keep any of them secret. At least that would make sense.

I could see keeping some secret, or he's saving them for a huge trailer at E3 to unload a ton of info, but I don't think we'll get more than a few newcomers or something. The only things I think I can safely predict are:

2+ newcomers at E3, probably Pac-Man if he's in
Snake will be revealed prior to release if he's in; If we get to T-minus one month from release and he's not revealed, I'm starting my petition

Other than that, it's tough to predict for right now.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I'm honestly not expecting the game to be released in 2014 period. But that's not the thread for that.
At this point, I'm just going to screw predicting reveals. March threw all logic out the window.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm honestly not expecting the game to be released in 2014 period. But that's not the thread for that.
At this point, I'm just going to screw predicting reveals. March threw all logic out the window.
I don't see why it wouldn't be release in 2014 really. Sakurai tweeted at somebody about how the development is going smoothly and such.

At this point, unless something comes up, I don't know that we'll see a delay. It's possible, but I won't be expecting it just yet.

Also, I will say I apologize for making it seem like we have a right to be upset about not getting characters. However, it isn't a BAD thing to be upset about it. Characters are arguably the biggest hype drivers in Smash speculation and hype, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that people are upset about not getting a character reveal this month.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I don't see why it wouldn't be release in 2014 really. Sakurai tweeted at somebody about how the development is going smoothly and such.

At this point, unless something comes up, I don't know that we'll see a delay. It's possible, but I won't be expecting it just yet.

Also, I will say I apologize for making it seem like we have a right to be upset about not getting characters. However, it isn't a BAD thing to be upset about it. Characters are arguably the biggest hype drivers in Smash speculation and hype, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that people are upset about not getting a character reveal this month.
I stayed up all night, hoping for a character, any character, even Pichu, for God's sake, that's what I would stoop to, but nothing. It was a waste of a night. Next time, I'll do generic teenager stuff like do drugs and listen to rap.:)

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl

>TWO versions with different stages, thus making balancing much more difficult.
>More gimmicky characters, which again, means more balancing difficulties.
>Sakurai said he wants no cuts.
This isn't even including things like the customization which could serve as hazards as well for release. I honestly think that the "everything is going smoothly" was even just a cover-up.
Overall, there will be delays, and lots of them. I view it as mid 2015, at best.
But, as already stated, this not the appropriate thread. If you wish to continue, let's take this to the correct thread or my profile page.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
This isn't even including things like the customization which could serve as hazards as well for release. I honestly think that the "everything is going smoothly" was even just a cover-up.
Overall, there will be delays, and lots of them. I view it as mid 2015, at best.
But, as already stated, this not the appropriate thread. If you wish to continue, let's take this to the correct thread or my profile page.
That was the plan from the beginning. They have a planned release with all of those things considered.

Pretty much everything you posted would be planned from the beginning. Or it at least logically would have been.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I guess I would be asking too much for some people to be y'know, patient.
Hell, this isn't even the longest we've gone without a new character.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
For reference, people weren't just saying "oh shucks." Someone literally said that we have a right to be upset. My apologies if I offended, or misunderstood, but that sounded entitled to me and I disagreed with that.

And it is possible to express disagreement without assuming I get off on, um, riding a high horse. Believe me, I have better things to do.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
That was the plan from the beginning. They have a planned release with all of those things considered.

Pretty much everything you posted would be planned from the beginning. Or it at least logically would have been.
And? They don't always mean they'll get programmed on time. If not all characters are in when planned, there's probably going to be a delay or two.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
At least I apologized for the wording and rephrased my comment in a later one.
And? They don't always mean they'll get programmed on time. If not all characters are in when planned, there's probably going to be a delay or two.
That's not what happened with Brawl though. That's why cuts happen.

Though I'd rather be wrong than have cuts. I want the best game possible.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
I guess I would be asking too much for some people to be y'know, patient.
Hell, this isn't even the longest we've gone without a new character.
If this is directed towards me, then I will say you have entirely ignored the message I was conveying.

Edit: Your post arrived shortly after mine, so without exactly specifying who you were referring to, then I would assume it was either directed to me or to others I am in agreement with. Nonetheless...

And it is possible to express disagreement without assuming I get off on, um, riding a high horse. Believe me, I have better things to do.
Let us move on, then, from this matter.

Ok so what's coming out in April

I mean in May mario kart 8 unless just like x and y is a lock

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...north_american_virtual_consoles_on_april_17th

An impressive selection of GBA games for the Virtual Console will be released within April, so this could provide an opportunistic passage-way for the likes of Captain Falcon, Zero Suit Samus, Meta Knight, Wario, Yoshi, and perhaps even Isaac. If the April Direct coincides near the 17th, then Isaac's chances for a reveal shoot upwards a considerable amount.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
FinalStarmen, are you impatient?
No? Then it wasn't directed at you.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I'm beginning to wonder if we're going to get a big April Fool's joke from Sakurai.
That's not what happened with Brawl though. That's why cuts happen.

Though I'd rather be wrong than have cuts. I want the best game possible.
Thing is though is he wasn't wary about cuts for Brawl. Brawl's cuts IS the reason he's wary about cuts now.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Considering Sakurai's comment about getting the game out this year is his New Years Resolution as well as this being a huge hitter for Nintendo's Wii U, I highly doubt they'll delay it into next year. More then likely, they're working as hard as they can to place the final characters in the game at this point, hopefully with as few (if none at all) cuts as possible.

Last edited:

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
My local JB HiFi has started taking pre-orders for both versions. I was hoping it meant that they knew something, but who knows.

Custom

Smash Cadet
I think you underestimate how much Nitendo needs this, the last thing they will have is a delay to slow things down. Unfortunately, unless things are going absolutely swimmingly in development right now we may see some characters from ssbb's roster lost.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
For the sake of saving myself from disappointment, I'm not going to expect anything amazing tomorrow, in terms of character announcements anyway.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I had a dream that we would get a Direct on April 27th. I feel like it would be earlier in April and also that's a Sunday. So it doesn't seem likely, but I felt I should share.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Not really expecting anything to be revealed tomorrow, but I think it would make sense to get a Direct in the next 2 weeks.
At least I think it make sense.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Not really expecting anything to be revealed tomorrow, but I think it would make sense to get a Direct in the next 2 weeks.
At least I think it make sense.
I'm hoping for a possible end of the month reveal tomorrow, but I'm not terribly sure at this point.

If there is nothing special shown tomorrow, then maybe we can just throw whatever "sense" we had out the window.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm hoping for a possible end of the month reveal tomorrow, but I'm not terribly sure at this point.

If there is nothing special shown tomorrow, then maybe we can just throw whatever "sense" we had out the window.
Eh I don't know. Sakurai deciding to not show anyone for March shouldn't be deemed a "he does what he wants" thing. It's not a good idea to do that on his part.

Anyway, I think there wasn't a vet shown because of something coming up, so we may just have to wait a little longer to figure out what's going on. I mean we DID get quite a bit of new stuff this month.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
I expect nothing for tomorrow, but I can sense an imminent Direct with a newcomer reveal. Maybe by the end of this week.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
If the Direct is in early April, it will either reveal Palutena or Takamaru.

1. Ridley is too big for a Direct (they wouldn't waste the hype he'd bring).

2. Mii would best be shown and demoed in a place where people can immediately go and make their own Mii fighters. The social atmosphere at E3 is much more fitting than a Direct, and the potential comedic value of Reggie battling with his Reggie Mii against Iwata with his Iwata Mii is too great to pass up.

3. Chrom wouldn't bring enough hype for this Direct, which is quite possibly the last generally-focused, major international Direct before E3. Also the fact that he's just this generation's perfunctory FE representative who may get replaced in Smash 5.

4. It won't be Dixie since our most recent reveal was another monkey – we won't have two monkeys in a row. That, and she'd probably cause less hype than pretty much any of the other highly possible newcomers.

That leaves Palutena and Takamaru (who could be revealed now since he's kind of a Japanese counterpart to Little Mac).

I think it'll be Palutena though...I'd say an April Direct is the best place Sakurai could reveal Palutena. She'd be overshadowed by Ridley at E3, and Sakurai will probably want her to be revealed by then so people can play as her in the demos.

So Palutena it will be, hopefully in just a few days!

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
If (and I admit it's a huge if) we get a veteran reveal on the site within this next week, does that change anyone's estimates of an early April direct? On the other hand, what if the next trailer features a newcomer and also shows an unrevealed veteran at the same time? That would be a major pattern breaker, but we all know Sakurai's capable of it.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, the first month with no reveal has officially gotten me super-hyped for April.

I really hope I'm not misplacing that hype.

Tomorrow is going to be AWFUL.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Sakurai is interesting.. just when we think we can predict him, he confuses us.... CAN WE PREDICT HIM?

fill

20EggsEggs
i don't think we can, but i feel he could troll us tomorrow, but i heard Japan doesn't do April fools day. but i guess we will get plenty of "leakers" tomorrow

Freduardo

Smash Champion
He totally is going to troll everyone tomorrow and call it "Increased focus on the west"

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It'd be quite funny if Sakurai's April Fools prank was the lack of character reveals in March, followed by a character reveal. Not that I expect anything like that...

So, with very few game releases and monthly reveals apparently not being a real thing, predicting anything at thi point is going to be quite difficult. We might just be going into all this blind from this point on.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
April is going to get a load of GBA games. It's the perfect opportunity to reveal veterans with no new games coming out. We should keep an eye on those.

fill

20EggsEggs
April is going to get a load of GBA games. It's the perfect opportunity to reveal veterans with no new games coming out. We should keep an eye on those.
also the eshop has is promoting villans, it has a bowser banner with a section for wario, ridley, ganondorf, and dr. wiley. So maybe some bad guys?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
also the eshop has is promoting villans, it has a bowser banner with a section for wario, ridley, ganondorf, and dr. wiley. So maybe some bad guys?
>Early April Direct
>Ridley revealed to coincide with eshop Villains
>Joy is spread to all countries of the world
>World peace
>Based Sakurai

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
>Early April Direct
>Ridley revealed to coincide with eshop Villains
>Joy is spread to all countries of the world
>World peace
>Based Sakurai
>Early April Direct
>Ridley is revealed
>It's an April Fool's Day Joke
>War breaks out between supporters and too-biggots
>World Ends
>Based Sakurai

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
i don't think we can, but i feel he could troll us tomorrow, but i heard Japan doesn't do April fools day. but i guess we will get plenty of "leakers" tomorrow
Accually sadly they do do April fools day they did a April fools commercial about dominos pizza in a can now

If he did do a joke and its ridley a hazard thats like a confession that Ridley is going to be playable

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom