• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Well, since we've yet to get anything so far maybe we'll get a large reveal like PT. Or maybe they're gearing up for something big next month. Or we'll get something big this month that isn't a character. (I'm getting to the desperate hope stage).

Last edited:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Is this leading to a newcomer reveal?
I wouldn't expect a newcomer this month. As for now, both Rosalina and Little Mac were revealed in a Nintendo Direct. The next Nintendo Direct is expected to be in April and therefore a newcomer release without a Direct seems unlikely under the known circumstances.

I would expect only random reveals if no Wario or Yoshi were shown tomorrow. However I'm not sure anymore if we were to get two characters this month. A big veteran reveal like the Pokémon Trainer + all three Pokémon would however be a good alternative to two veteran reveals.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I would expect only random reveals if no Wario or Yoshi were shown tomorrow. However I'm not sure anymore if we were to get two characters this month. A big veteran reveal like the Pokémon Trainer + all three Pokémon would however be a good alternative to two veteran reveals.
Wait why would they be revealed tomorrow?

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Wait why would they be revealed tomorrow?
Because it's Sakurai you know :troll:

"Today Wario/Yoshi is joining the battle. Hope you got your copy of Mario Party:Island Tour already since it came out yesterday!" :troll:

Wario could still be possible(if not planned for being confirmed for the japanese release of Mario Kart 8) as a random reveal while Yoshi will certainly be hold back until the japanese release of Yoshi's New Island or Yarn Yoshi.

As for now we can only try to predict a random reveal of this month. So let's just throw in some names without any reason ;) Maybe someone is lucky enough to get it right :D

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Because it's Sakurai you know :troll:

"Today Wario/Yoshi is joining the battle. Hope you got your copy of Mario Party:Island Tour already since it came out yesterday!" :troll:

Wario could still be possible(if not planned for being confirmed for the japanese release of Mario Kart 8) as a random reveal while Yoshi will certainly be hold back until the japanese release of Yoshi's New Island or Yarn Yoshi.

As for now we can only try to predict a random reveal of this month. So let's just throw in some names without any reason ;) Maybe someone is lucky enough to get it right :D
Aw, well, Sakurai could just mess with us hard, I suppose.
The majority of character reveals are on Thursdays and Fridays anyway.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Aw, well, Sakurai could just mess with us hard, I suppose.
The majority of character reveals are on Thursdays and Fridays anyway.
Yep. I just checked and they're dvivided like this:

Tuesday - Sonic
Wednesday - Luigi, Rosalina
Thursday - Peach, Toon Link, Marth, Zelda
Friday - Olimar, Dedede, Lucario, Little Mac, Diddy

No reveals on Mondays so far.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Yep. I just checked and they're dvivided like this:

Tuesday - Sonic
Wednesday - Luigi, Rosalina
Thursday - Peach, Toon Link, Marth, Zelda
Friday - Olimar, Dedede, Lucario, Little Mac, Diddy

Maybe a little sidenote: Sonic, Luigi and Rosalina were revealed in a Direct so there every reveal not linked to a Direct was by the end of the week.

I'll look excited at tomorrow's Pic of the Day as I feel like a reveal is probable.

For a random reveal I would certainly not expect Yoshi and even doubt Wario so far. If tomorrow we were to get a random reveal, what about Ice Climbers or Captain Falcon?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A Captain Falcon reveal would be might convenient, as I just recently started watching F-Zero Densetsu.

However, since Falcon was reverted to unlockable in Brawl, he may not be revealed prior to release.

Staarih

Smash Master
For a random reveal I would certainly not expect Yoshi and even doubt Wario so far. If tomorrow we were to get a random reveal, what about Ice Climbers or Captain Falcon?
Hehe, I had those exact characters in mind. I feel like Wario, Yoshi and Snake lost their chances today, so we'll be seeing them at a later point. A random reveal of a character who doesn't have significant dates to his/her name coming up could work, so I'd say Captain Falcon or Ice Climbers are definitely good choices, maybe Ness/Lucas even.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm hoping for Pokemon Trainer myself, but that's purely personal preference. I'd be quite happy to get any character, especially if it's one I either personally liked (Pokemon Trainer, Meta Knight, Lucas), or one that a lot of people think will get cut (Again, Pokemon Trainer, Lucas, Ike, Wolf, Snake, R.O.B., even Captain Falcon to those stupid people on Miiverse).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Anyone who thinks Captain Falcon will be cut clearly did not listen to their lord and saviour when he warned them to keep the room well lit and to sit back from the TV while watching F-Zero.

He is a modest, humble god who only wants us all to stay safe. Alas, some would still disobey.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Tomorrow is my birthday. Clearly Sakurai knows this and he'll reveal a veteran tomorrow.
Tomorrow is my b-day, too, so good things are bound to happen. Or not. I've pretty much abandoned predicting the unpredictable Mr. Sakurai. For the record, PT is my desired birthday present. *blowing out mah candles*

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
Tomorrow isn't my birthday, but I told Sakurai is. I think that's enough of a reason for a reveal.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, it's not a veteran.

Rather it's a trophy of Phosphora from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Glad to see it's a brand new model though, unlike Brawl's trophies which were almost entirely rips from other games.

So, looks like we might get a character next week. Given how close it is to the end of the month, there is a small chance that we'll get no character at all this month, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
That would be a huge problem in my opinion. In my opinion, there has been nothing really big enough to match the quality of a character reveal.

That said, I think we're getting something next week. For all we know, there might be an end of fiscal year Nintendo Direct. That might give us something good.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm REALLY suspicious of Sakurai now.

Either he's caught on to the fact that we've discovered a pattern to his reveal schedule and/or is saving up for something. Also the Phosphora trophy just before KI:U's anniversary (Sunday) feels like a hint.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
So did Sakurai just destroy that whole "glued fingers" theory? I mean if a trophy doesn't have them that means it's a meaningless way to try to differentiate between assist trophies and playable characters.

SonicMario

Smash Master
It's a bit disappointing that it seems this will be the first month since November we only get one character. I actually thought for a moment we were getting 2 per month since December (Dec = Rosalina & Zelda, Jan = King Dedede & Lucario, Feb = Little Mac & Diddy) but unless we have something similar to the Toon Link to Sonic kind of thing where we get a character early next week and another one at the end or the last day of March.

Then it looks like 2 per month isn't really a pattern. Though I suppose 1-2 (Not counting E3... July = 1 (Olimar), August = 1 (Luigi), September = 2 (Peach & Toon Link), October = 1 (Sonic), November = 1 (Marth), December = 2 (Rosalina & Zelda), January = 2 (King Dedede & Lucario), February = 2 (Little Mac & Diddy)) is still for the most part a pattern it's just it seems a bit spoiling us when the last 3 months have had two character reveals each.

D

Deleted member

OK...
So we are past Yoshi's New Island, Mario Party: Island Tour, and the WarioWare Anniversary...
Are we seriously going to have a month where no one is revealed? If no one gets confirmed next week, then that would be absolutely ridiculous...

Staarih

Smash Master
I'd really like to stick with the "two characters per month" pattern, and I still have faith that it's possible this month (though it seems quite unlikely having basically only one week left). I do generally enjoy the PotD's, even the ones people find "useless", and I don't think this week, for example, has been a let down in the picture/information department - it's just the fact that we're still missing a character reveal this month and this week had lots of potential. Maybe next week then... or maybe it's better not to expect anything at all.

I guess I'd be fine with a lack of character reveals this month if April (or any upcoming month) ends up being a blast and revealing twice as many characters, as if to compensate haha!

SonicMario

Smash Master
OK...
So we are past Yoshi's New Island, Mario Party: Island Tour, and the WarioWare Anniversary...
Are we seriously going to have a month where no one is revealed? If no one gets confirmed next week, then that would be absolutely ridiculous...
I think Sakurai is confirmed for troll once again if there's no character for all of next week but we do get one on Monday March 31st because of:

D

Deleted member

I think Sakurai is confirmed for troll once again if there's no character for all of next week but we do get one on Monday March 31st because of:
Well the man is known to be a troll.
After seeing a Mario character or theme in every pic this week, I thought that we would at least get Yoshi or Wario... I guess I was setting myself up with false hope. :(

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Uh, guys...

...do you think that he didn't reveal anyone because he's running out of characters to reveal? :cry:
Unless Sakurai spontaneously decided to make a bunch of cuts, I don't see how that's possible. There's still plenty of veterans left, let alone however many newcomers.

D

Deleted member

Uh, guys...

...do you think that he didn't reveal anyone because he's running out of characters to reveal? :cry:
I don't think so. Thinking that way makes me believe that he gave the axe to many characters (including Wario, Yoshi, Meta Knight, Captain Falcon, Ness, Mr. Game & Watch, and Ganondorf, characters who virtually have no chance of getting cut).

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I really hope that we get a character reveal (even if it's just one) this March! Not only is it surprising to me that we got absolutely NO (PLAYABLE) characters this month (so far), but I'm a little jealous of my younger brother. I know this is going to sound silly, but we're both big fans of Smash, and he got TWO character reveals on the month he was born and one of them was a newcomer, no less! (Little Mac and Diddy Kong) and I haven't gotten anything as a "birthday present." My birthday is next Wednesday and I hope, by some miracle, we get at least one new character. Heck, I won't even be picky, it can be (I sincerely, strongly hope for this!) a NEWCOMER reveal for a certain cute, funny, green-haired Goddess of Light before the end of this month or a simple veteran reveal for little Yoshi, for all I care! Sakurai, I know you're obviously busy, but please let me get at least ONE reveal before, or even better, (while I know the chances of this happening are SERIOUSLY slim-to-none), on my birthday! I promise you, if it's Palutena, my hype meter will have skyocketed past the limit!:chuckle: But, if it's Yoshi, I'll be fine either way.:)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Hmm... I've been thinking lately, and I'm starting to wonder if the only character reveal we'll likely get at the end of the month could actually be the Pokemon Trainer. This is all just a theory, of course, but maybe the reason we haven't seen any character reveals this month is because the one planned to be revealed is actually three in one. We already know Sakurai treats the transformation characters as individuals, which is certainly the reason why Samus and Zelda were revealed solo (unless their transformations were cut, which I sort of doubt), but the Pokemon Trainer's pokemon are a little more tied together than other transformation characters. I mean, the whole reason the Pokemon Trainer himself is at all present is for the purpose of switching pokemon around, so I think that when (if) the character is revealed, it would be all at once. But that would be three characters in a single month. So, perhaps to compensate for this, they decided not to reveal any other characters to make room for the reveal of the Trainer. Maybe we'll even get lucky enough to start seeing three character reveals a month afterwards, but that's probably wishful thinking on my part.

So, any thoughts on this? Does this sound even a little bit plausible?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
It certainly sounds plausible. PT would be an instant three character reveal and would make some sense given no other characters this month. I mentioned quite a while ago that I think we'll start to see more than 2 reveals a month (as the game approaches release).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Uh, guys...

May I remind of how he revealed the rest of the characters for brawl kept them secret till the final release

This month may hint that we are close to all starters being reveal (even though a couple of them are going to be unlockables for sure)

But to get you excited maybe if he does not reveal any one this month he might be saving up 2 to 4 character reveals for April

Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137

May I remind of how he revealed the rest of the characters for brawl kept them secret till the final release

This month may hint that we are close to all starters being reveal (even though a couple of them are going to be unlockables for sure)

But to get you excited maybe if he does not reveal any one this month he might be saving up 2 to 4 character reveals for April
I would not be surprised if he does that, but it does sound like something he would do

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai were to confirm most of the newcomers who create some hype without having as much potential as the BIG newcomers(K.Rool, Ridley). If Dixie were in, I would expect her before the E3. Takamaru wouldn't create much hype and even characters like the Mii would fit better before the E3. And after the E3 Sakurai could show a few less probable newcomer candidates to surprise us and hype as even more.

We only have April as another opportunity for a newcomer being shown before E3 in June. I would bet we'll see Takamaru as the next newcomer.

The Pokémon Trainer theory could be right for this month and after all I think it's a theory not that unlikely.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai were to confirm most of the newcomers who create some hype without having as much potential as the BIG newcomers(K.Rool, Ridley). If Dixie were in, I would expect her before the E3. Takamaru wouldn't create much hype and even characters like the Mii would fit better before the E3. And after the E3 Sakurai could show a few less probable newcomer candidates to surprise us and hype as even more.

We only have April as another opportunity for a newcomer being shown before E3 in June. I would bet we'll see Takamaru as the next newcomer.

The Pokémon Trainer theory could be right for this month and after all I think it's a theory not that unlikely.
Is palutena chop liver for April

But for E3 the following is probably going to happen its 3 days so 1 newcomer a day possibly

2 quite a few new stages for both versions

3 a couple more veterans and items

4 and as for newcomers from top to bottom most likely to be shown to least likely if confirmed

1 mewtwo
2 ridley
3 pac man
4 Palutena
5 king k rool
6 mii

That's what I got anyway any thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom