• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
"Is Ridley in this game?"

"You'll just have to unlock everyone and find out!"

-is staring directly at Ridley's Newcomer Video in the Extras Menu- "..."
It makes sense to reveal everybody before launch really. Especially if you're purposely trying to avoid leaks.

I will go out on a limb and say we're guaranteed a character this week. It's been awhile. I'm holding out for Snake and Ike, but Snake is just me being hopeful.

EDIT: @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy thank you for taking care of that double post. My laptop refreshed to a different page for no reason. Scumbag laptop.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I feel like people are getting slightly irritated that we haven't had a March reveal yet. And I get it, I mean we've all been spoiled by three straight months of two characters a month.

Maybe, just maybe, they're only revealing Snake due to how huge he is. Just a thought.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I feel like people are getting slightly irritated that we haven't had a March reveal yet. And I get it, I mean we've all been spoiled by three straight months of two characters a month.

Maybe, just maybe, they're only revealing Snake due to how huge he is. Just a thought.
Don't get me excited. DON'T DO IT.

Really though, I was thinking that as well...we haven't gotten anybody yet, and a 3rd party is a pretty big deal. Hopefully we do. That would quiet quite a few people clamoring for him getting cut.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Really though, I was thinking that as well...we haven't gotten anybody yet, and a 3rd party is a pretty big deal. Hopefully we do. That would quiet quite a few people clamoring for him getting cut.
For me this week, I'd love to see someone random like Falcon, Sheik, or Lucas. Reveal-wise, only three make sense: Wario, Yoshi, or Snake.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm hoping we'd get a random reveal this or next week. Preferably Sheik or Ness would be swell. Ness because I'd love to see him in this new colourful HD art design. And Sheik so we can finally put that whole Phantom case to rest.

I guess Snake would do too.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'm hoping we'd get a random reveal this or next week. Preferably Sheik or Ness would be swell. Ness because I'd love to see him in this new colourful HD art design. And Sheik so we can finally put that whole Phantom case to rest.

I guess Snake would do too.
I'm gonna put my money on Ike for a random reveal. Putting to bed all those "Ike is cut" rumors and ideas like he did with Lucario.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah seeing a character that occasionally gets targeted as a likely cut would definitely be a huge sight of relief for most I'm sure. Especially those who really like that character.

I should know, after all. Toon Link was practically pointed at the most as a definite cut before he was revealed.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I do wonder if Ike will have his ripped look from Radiant Dawn. Marth got a design overhaul lest we forget. Though granted his body itself hasn't changed except maybe his hair isn't as neatly combed.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
For characters that have chances of being cut, I'm mainly worried about Lucas. Wolf, Ike, and Snake, yes, I love them, but Lucas is the one I really need back for this game to be 100% enjoyable for me.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
There'd still be a phantom case though - determining what the heck it is.
Well yeah, I suppose you may be right, there are actually three theories in regards to what it is. If Sheik gets confirmed, it would at least be a sigh of relief for the Sheik fans that it had nothing to do with her being replaced with it for a new down special for Zelda. Then there is the possibility that it's an Assist Trophy or the more recent theory that it may have some relations with Toon Zelda's potential appearance.

Guess we will have to wait for Sakurai's official confirmation about it as all we can really do at this point is speculate....

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think a veteran reveal this week is likely.

If we are to get Chrom or any other Fire Emblem newcomer in April, we should get Ike by the end of the month.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
We'll see. We might be surprised by which veteran he shows us. We've been surprised before.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I don't think Solid Snake would ever be revealed outside of a Nintendo Direct though, since it wasn't until a Nintendo Direct that Sonic was revealed to us.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't think Solid Snake would ever be revealed outside of a Nintendo Direct though, since it wasn't until a Nintendo Direct that Sonic was revealed to us.
DON'T YOU RUIN THIS FOR ME! I'M AVOIDING THE MOST LIKELY SITUATION SO THAT I AM NOT DISAPPOINTEDCAPS.

Really though, you're probably right. I'm just hoping for Snake anyway.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Mario party island tour and the us version of pokemon battle trozei is on the same day as metal gear V part 1

Looking more grimmer by the minute for snake

(Aka wario or yoshi might be shown over snake for the mario party game)

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
I'm expecting a character this week, hopefully it will be Ike or Snake.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm expecting a character this week, hopefully it will be Ike or Snake.
I do hope we see Snake this week, or anytime soon. This month would be a good time to reveal him, as he could still get the "fanfare" a 3rd party deserves, before us getting a (likely) newcomer in April and then it's basically hype for E3 already...

But we'll see, I think this week has a lot of possibilites.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
We are looking at 2 scenarios

1 snake on the 20th for metal gear solid 5

2 wario or yoshi for mario party island tour japan on the 20th

Staarih

Smash Master
Ground Zeroes comes out tomorrow.

It's either Snake, Yoshi, Wario or a random vet.
Japanese release of Ground Zeroes is on the 20th if I recall correctly, and we all know how Sakurai is with game releases (Japan before all else). So here's just hoping for a Direct or sorts to be announced the next few days!

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Ah. I didn't realize that. My bad.

But yeah. Hopefully there is a mini direct or something. I don't there will be one, but I don't see why he couldn't just reveal Snake with a trailer attached. Websites cover it and spread the news on their own.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
If Snake isn't revealed tomorrow, I'm going to consider him gone. A bold claim to be sure, but that's just how it seems to me.

I'll probably be proven wrong is Sakurai's trademark unpredictability is anything to go by though.

D

Deleted member

If Snake isn't revealed tomorrow, I'm going to consider him gone. A bold claim to be sure, but that's just how it seems to me.

I'll probably be proven wrong is Sakurai's trademark unpredictability is anything to go by though.
I don't think that he will be done.

I view him done if both these scenarios happen:
1. He isn't confirmed next month.
AND
2. Pac-Man is in Smash.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Remind me why Snake would be revealed tomorrow? I'm not sure about release dates tomorrow, but I would think his reveal would be saved for a more special occasion, like a Direct or E3, neither of which seem to be happening tomorrow. Therefore, his absence tomorrow, even if it coincides with a release, should not be an indicator of his removal from the game.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I kinda want to say if Snake returns, he'd be revealed in a trailer (why else is Sonic currently the only veteran who has gotten one?).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In case anyone has forgotten, Sonic was revealed before Lost World was released. We'll probably see a polar opposite with Solid Snake, if he is returning; he'd likely be revealed on the Nintendo Direct, after the release of the newest Metal Gear title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom