• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
(We're considering Mewtwo a Newcomer with this math unless he gets revealed as a veteran).
We may have our answer very soon :)

But I agree with this math. I don't think two characters a month is going to be set now. There will probably be some months with one and some with two.

I do expect to see a newcomer in the probable December General Direct. Either that or Snake. But yes, your math is accurate.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Still betting on Mewtwo.

I'll be quite shocked if there is no character reveal tomorrow.

It's going to be Sheep Man. Calling it. :troll:

EDIT: Get it? SHOCKED! Hahahahahaha...

Yeah, I've been playing Mega Man for an hour straight.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, no Pokemon character. YET. I think it's a possibility, though I'm definetely not certain, that a Pokemon character reveal was held back since Sonic was revealed quite earlier than he most likely would've been had there been no direct.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Guesses aside, we HAVE our banner theory giving us a realistic expectation, instead of simply voting on "next update". Doesn't the banners disappearance point towards Thursday, the 17th?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think it's safe to say that a new game release doesn't always mean a character reveal, since we didn't get anyone to represent the Wonderful 101, and no Pokemon reveals were made when Pokemon X and Y were released.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Updated the main post.

Guesses aside, we HAVE our banner theory giving us a realistic expectation, instead of simply voting on "next update". Doesn't the banners disappearance point towards Thursday, the 17th?
I don't know. Why Thursday in particular?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think it's safe to say that a new game release doesn't always mean a character reveal, since we didn't get anyone to represent the Wonderful 101, and no Pokemon reveals were made when Pokemon X and Y were released.
I think Wonderful 101 is a different case as it would be giving us a newcomer. We have yet to see any newcomers at all, so until we see one get revealed on a regular update, we won't know for sure.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Updated the main post.

I don't know. Why Thursday in particular?
Halfway point. Sonic came on the first, a Tuesday, and the banner disappeared on ninth, a Wednesday. Even if Toon Link broke the pattern, it wouldn't hurt to expect it to hold true.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Stupid banner...
Call Banner stupid one more time!

:troll:

But anywho, I'm surprised and not surprised at the same time we got nothing. After all, we should get unpredictable news as well as predictable ones. I've been kind of weary on the reliance of the banner anyway.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
So I guess we're not going to get another character reveal until next month? It's already been two weeks after Sonic's reveal.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Remember toon link destoryed that theory besides rob or pac man could be confirmed this month
Toon Link was revealed to promote his game, though. Do ROB and Pac Man have anything going for them? (and even if Pac Man did, I don't think Sakurai is going to reveal newcomers so early)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pac-Man's game got moved to March.

We might get Mii this month though. Wii U Party is out soon.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I don't know where you heard that. It releases October the 29th iirc. (The 3DS version is supposed to be released in November, I believe.)
Looks like it was delayed only in Europe, from what I can find. America still gets it this month, as of right now, anyway. The 3DS version also got delayed until November, yeah.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Theres still no way to tell if the trend will apply to newcomers, or if the trend is still going on even.

An iconic third party character such as Pac-man might be an exception to the trend as well, and so I won't except many newcomers to be revealed by the trend should Pac-man be revealed on his game's release.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Toon Link was revealed to promote his game, though. Do ROB and Pac Man have anything going for them? (and even if Pac Man did, I don't think Sakurai is going to reveal newcomers so early)
Toon link and peach were both confirmed in september prooves it can be 1 between 3 characters per month (or 1 or 2 characters a month)

And pac man for ghostly adventures on the 29th in japan and usa no longer europe and plus sonics game lost worlds comes out the same week that pac mans game comes out so to ponder if thats why sonic was revealed early and not that week

And for ROB the nes anniversary is this friday and gyromite and stack-up were the most advertising for the nes (i know its the usa anniversary of the nes but luigi was revealed for usa release of mario broa dream team)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
tomorrow is our last hope on a new pokemon.

if it's not tomorrow then I doubt it at all.

(watch it happen on thursday)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think there is a good chance we will get Pokemon Trainer with perhaps most of the focus on Charizard this week.

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
Is there a source for this information? I cannot seem to find it.
It's only been delayed in Europe. http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=214241

But if we do get Miis or Pac-Man this month instead of a Pokemon rep, I'll be very disappointed. Especially since these two are the two characters I least want out of the more popular character choice. I'm still holding hope for Pokemon Trainer at the very least.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think there is a good chance we will get Pokemon Trainer with perhaps most of the focus on Charizard this week.
If not we are looking at possibly R.O.B on friday

(nes's 30th anniversary this friday and with luigi and toon link he might be confirming all characters in random order and still keeping it a secret of who and how to unlock those characters)

Or pac man next week because his game could be the reason why sonic was revealed early (sonic lost worlds comes out the same week as pac man ghostly adventures and for usa literally the same day)

Xigger

Smash Lord
You know, why not compile a list? Game releases, successful game anniversaries, and Nintendo Directs. All this guessing seems unorganized.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You know, why not compile a list? Game releases, successful game anniversaries, and Nintendo Directs. All this guessing seems unorganized.
I think a few people attempted it. We don't have an actual list yet though, you're right.

I hate how Sakurai gives us these stupid pictures of stages we've already. Like really? Skyloft? If we're getting daily updates, I want something that will make me chuckle or excited. Like for example. Today, he could've revealed the Mario stage or something. Or a character because I definitely feel like we're getting another one this month. But no. These stupid updates,

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad we're getting updates at all. But make it worth the time to check in the morning. Sheesh.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
After reading the OP, this is what I've gathered about when he releases new characters:

Sometimes its promoting new games, but sometimes its not

Banner has to go away first before he adds a new character, but sometimes not

I wish people would just accept the fact that the man has absolutely no rules for anything he does. This has been proven time and time again, yet somehow people still look for patterns. There is no science to character reveals. Anytime you think you found some pattern, he'll prove you wrong with his next update

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
After reading the OP, this is what I've gathered about when he releases new characters:

Sometimes its promoting new games, but sometimes its not

Banner has to go away first before he adds a new character, but sometimes not

I wish people would just accept the fact that the man has absolutely no rules for anything he does. This has been proven time and time again, yet somehow people still look for patterns. There is no science to character reveals. Anytime you think you found some pattern, he'll prove you wrong with his next update
I know. But I have to do something with my time. :p

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I know people have said this before on multiple threads, but it is possible Sakurai felt like Pokemon didn't need promotion. The other games that were released might have needed a little extra push. But maybe that's why he didn't show any Pokemon, unless he's hiding something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom