• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reader

Smash Apprentice
According to the pokemon mansion's journals Mewtwo's birthday is on Feb 6th. That would be good time to reveal Mewtwo, but I doubt it. Mewtwo is too hype raising character to be revealed in a mere pic of the day. We might still get something pokemon related.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
I think two characters a month is going to be a common thing, since Sakurai is revealing some characters that were unlockable before (Marth, Toon Link, Lucario).
Also, we won't have that many anniversaries/directs/releases, so I expect more random reveals.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
The question is whether Marth, Toon Link, and Lucario (to a lesser extent, Luigi as well, though Sakurai's own comment in his reveal PotD suggests he is still unlockable and was revealed only because of it being the Year of Luigi) are still unlockables - meaning Sakurai is probably gonna reveal the entire roster; newcomers, unlockable or otherwise, are going to all be revealed regardless, if I judge Sakurai's comments correctly - or if they're starters. If they're starters, then who's waiting just behind the shrouded mist of unlockability? Ike? Pokemon Trainer? Ganondorf? Or maybe.... *BAM* GENESECT, ROBIN, VAATI!

*ahem* Yeah, haha. But with the release date confirmed officialy on-track for 2014, and rumors suggesting it to be sometime this Spring or in the Summer, regardless of which of the three is true we're going to get to the point where Sakurai is gonna go all out on revealing the heavy-hitting stuff in droves as we get closer to release. Not everything, but he's probably gonna hit us with characters like Ridley, K. Rool, Little Mac, Takamaru, Mewtwo, perhaps Palutena, Shulk, and Black Shadow(?) as well - the most-wanted characters between the West and Japan - as the date of release draws nearer. Once it's the next game on the horizon, Nintendo's gonna go full-on with marketing it - we'll probably get a Direct dedicated to it, where we'll see a few new newcomers/veterans.

As far as predicting reveals, however, Diddy Kong is still the latest and greatest bet; after him, it could be anybody in a Direct that we're almost guaranteed to have this month due to the lack of one in January,

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm confident we're getting Diddy, not to mention that I also see a newcomer as a possibility for the February Direct.

JetpackX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JetpackX
3DS FC
0877-2713-1529
A few more predictions for reveals:

February 6th: Mewtwo or Slime, or some other Dragon Quest character
(Feb 6th is Mewtwo's birthday) (Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca's Marvelous Mysterious Key comes out in Japan for 3DS)

February 13th: Diddy Kong or Dixie Kong or both
(DKC : Tropical Freeze comes out)

March 14th: Yoshi
(Yoshi's New Island release)

March 20th: Wario
(Mario Party : Island Tour release in Japan)

Kon

Smash Journeyman
A few more predictions for reveals:

February 6th: Mewtwo or Slime, or some other Dragon Quest character
(Feb 6th is Mewtwo's birthday) (Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca's Marvelous Mysterious Key comes out in Japan for 3DS)

February 13th: Diddy Kong or Dixie Kong or both
(DKC : Tropical Freeze comes out)

March 14th: Yoshi
(Yoshi's New Island release)

March 20th: Wario
(Mario Party : Island Tour release in Japan)
I see. I didn't know Mario Party Island Tour wasn't released in Japan already.

However I'm sure we get either Yoshi or either Wario and not both as they are only like a week away from each other. The other one will be kept for promoting Mario Kart 8 I guess.
Also I think Yoshi is a better promotion choice for a potentially good game such as Yoshi's New Island. It may just be me but I don't see a reveal for promoting Mario Party on the 3DS. Especially as there was no new Yoshi's Island game since the DS game and therefore there is more a need to promote Yoshi's New Island.

Still an interesting list though.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
If we are getting about two a month now, we have an interesting pattern. Check it out:
December had an obvious one (Zelda for ALBW) and a crazy one (Rosalina&Luma).
January had an obvious one (Dedede for Triple Deluxe) and a crazy one (Lucario for Brawl's anniversary).
February has an obvious one (Diddy Kong for Tropical Freeze) and might have a crazy one.
March has an obvious one (Yoshi for New Island) and also might have a crazy one.

Or am I just seeing a pattern I want to see...

D

Deleted member

March has an obvious one (Yoshi for New Island) and also might have a crazy one.
I don't think that we will get Yoshi in March. Most of these reveals have been focused on Japanese releases rather than American releases. The worst we will get is Yoshi getting revealed in June or somewhere in the summer.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Is there a reason why there isn't a new pic of the day? I'm confused.
What do you mean? Sakurai revealed the new pic of the day which has two screens comparing Lucario's Aura Sphere at its weakest and strongest state.

Edit: Oh you mean at the official website? Well that is certainly a little odd... Perhaps Sakurai or whoever handles the website forgot to update the site today? :/

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I don't think a Yoshi reveal in March is "obvious" since it's not the Japanese release date, but it may happen simply due to the fact that there's nobody else to reveal.

And yeah, whoever is in charge of the official website is being lazy today.

D

Deleted member

Coupd somebody post the pic so I can see it?

Sorry for the poor quality. I took a screen cap of the pic on Miiverse.
"Pic of the day. A size comparison of Lucario's standard special attack, Aura Sphere, in its weakest and strongest states. The attack is faster and more powerful when the Aura Sphere is bigger."

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord

Sorry for the poor quality. I took a screen cap of the pic on Miiverse.
"Pic of the day. A size comparison of Lucario's standard special attack, Aura Sphere, in its weakest and strongest states. The attack is faster and more powerful when the Aura Sphere is bigger."
Here's a non-screencap version:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Cool. Thanks guys. Looks like Aura Sphere will be a much better attack. I thought it was too slow in Brawl.

Xigger

Smash Lord
You know what I predict? I predict a veteran as an Assist Trophy. Because Sakurai never fails to find new ways to troll us. (Roy/Ike?)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's a date, the first Game & Watch game came out on April 28th 1980. Seems as good a time as any.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
You know what I predict? I predict a veteran as an Assist Trophy. Because Sakurai never fails to find new ways to troll us. (Roy/Ike?)
They should put Jigglypuff in a pokeball. I honestly couldn't care if she didn't come back.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Pokémon Bank is now released worldwide, Lucario's announcement and Palkia's Pokéball reveal could be related to this.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Pokémon Bank is now released worldwide, Lucario's announcement and Palkia's Pokéball reveal could be related to this.
And Mewtwo's birthday is tomorrow.

I'm not expecting Mewtwo tomorrow, but it'd sure be great.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
And Mewtwo's birthday is tomorrow.

I'm not expecting Mewtwo tomorrow, but it'd sure be great.
AND Pokémon's main website has apparently been completely remade.

Lot of Pokémon stuff going on right now HMMMM?

Louie G.

Smash Hero

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't Metal Gear Solid 5 come out in March?
I know the game isn't on Wii U, but would it be out of the realm of possibility for Sakurai to show Solid Snake thereabouts?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
According to the pokemon mansion's journals Mewtwo's birthday is on Feb 6th. That would be good time to reveal Mewtwo, but I doubt it. Mewtwo is too hype raising character to be revealed in a mere pic of the day. We might still get something pokemon related.
Well, now I have unreasonable expectations for tomorrow

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
The worst part is that he is an AT a not a Pokeball Pokemon.
Yeah. So, I agree with most of the character predictions, but in this month, I think we're getting another Pokemon, Ness, or Captain Falcon. If it's another Pokemon, I'd say it's Jigglypuff. Because Valentine's Day, and pink and whatnot.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
How dare you mock one of the original 12 :mad:
I'm not mocking her, I just don't care for her. If she makes it in, cool. If she doesn't, cool. I just think there are better Pokemon to rep the series with nowadays.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
why is everyone still guessing mewtwo on the 6th nothing happened all we got is a Rosalina up aerial move

so Diddy kong is next and I guess some other character from a direct if there is one in February (hoping for either mewtwo or Ridley but probably palutena though)

Morbi

Scavenger
why is everyone still guessing mewtwo on the 6th nothing happened all we got is a Rosalina up aerial move

so Diddy kong is next and I guess some other character from a direct if there is one in February (hoping for either mewtwo or Ridley but probably palutena though)
I don't know, some people are worried about Mewtwo's chances, so they are speculating that he will be revealed soon. It doesn't really make any sense to me either, it is probably some defense mechanism.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Eh I don't really care if he is revealed soon, or even revealed I just want him in the game or else ill be playing plenty of Project M.

Morbi

Scavenger
Eh I don't really care if he is revealed soon, or even revealed I just want him in the game or else ill be playing plenty of Project M.
I am an adamant believer that Mewtwo is the only "shoe-in" character, but in the unfortunate event that I am incorrect, I will always have Project M as a last resort. Let me get to it...

d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I am an adamant believer that Mewtwo is the only "shoe-in" character, but in the unfortunate event that I am incorrect, I will always have Project M as a last resort. Let me get to it...

d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt d-tilt
Short Hop, Fast Fall/Bair Short Hop, Fast Fall/Bair Short Hop, Fast Fall/Bair Short Hop, Fast Fall/Bair Short Hop, Fast Fall/Bair Short Hop, Fast Fall/Bair Short Hop, Fast Fall/Bair

JetpackX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JetpackX
3DS FC
0877-2713-1529

So I guess Rosalina is the queen of trolling, first its the anniversary, now the 6th, and then instead of getting more info at e3, we just get a picture of rosalina flipping everyone off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom