• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSorrow

Smash Apprentice
For advertisements, it wont be long until we get characters that wont have anything to advertise. Just saying...

All I see are popular characters that are advertising/promoting the killer app for the Wii U and nothing else.

Morbi

Scavenger
Um we might need to change are guess if we want a turkey on guessing predictions

Look
http://smashboards.com/threads/nint...vent-for-end-of-january.345789/#post-16196433
I don't know about that, we already got Rosalina and Zelda really close to each-other and Dedede's reveal was fairly abrupt in my opinion. Another January reveal isn't out of the question, but if we did get a reveal by the end of January, where would that leave Diddy/Dixie/K. Rool/Cranky/Other during Tropical Freeze's release? That would be the 5th character in really close succession. It doesn't seem likely to me. Unless they revealed their DK character at this press event.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I don't know about that, we already got Rosalina and Zelda really close to each-other and Dedede's reveal was fairly abrupt in my opinion. Another January reveal isn't out of the question, but if we did get a reveal by the end of January, where would that leave Diddy/Dixie/K. Rool/Cranky/Other during Tropical Freeze's release? That would be the 5th character in really close succession. It doesn't seem likely to me. Unless they revealed their DK character at this press event.
  1. True but don't forget bigger info and ssb4 might be coming as we get closer and closer to the release of the gameI see you.
  2. I see you forgot that smash 64 anniversary is on the 21st and it's the 15th anniversary. And isn't the brawl anniversary on the same day as this event (and yes it's the japan anniversary)
  3. Come on you forgot sakurai is unpredictable?

D

Deleted member

I'm not gonna hype myself up for this as I know that I could get disappointed in the end. I would love Smash news, but I'm not expecting it.

Morbi

Scavenger
  1. True but don't forget bigger info and ssb4 might be coming as we get closer and closer to the release of the gameI see you.
  2. I see you forgot that smash 64 anniversary is on the 21st and it's the 15th anniversary. And isn't the brawl anniversary on the same day as this event (and yes it's the japan anniversary)
  3. Come on you forgot sakurai is unpredictable?
1. I am not asserting that no information about Smash will be present at the press release, I just don't think it is a character reveal. It could be a new mechanic, or a release date. It doesn't necessarily have to be a character reveal.

2. Yes, I did forget.

3. This could be the case, it just seems "too" obvious to me. I suppose it probably comes across as "too" obvious to most, so that would be a good time to reveal something while no one is expecting anything.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Simple, starter veteran characters with a game will get revealed along with it's Japanesse release. Starter veteran characters like IC without a new game will get revealed randomly like Marth. Only some unlockable characters will get revealed if they get a new game (WWHD) or a special event (Year of Luigi, 3rd Party). So I doubt we will see ROB or Wolf revealed before the game is released. Newcomers are just at events, but not all of them will get revealed.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I guess so, I kinda stopped giving much thought to the banner since sometimes it's still there yet a character gets revealed anyway (Sonic, Zelda, King Dedede) And once it disappeared and yet we still had to wait for weeks until the next reveal (Marth and I think Rosalina too), but oh well. There is that Super Smash Bros 15th anniversary soon and I guess the Ice Climbers anniversary by the end of the month though so I guess you never know......

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know this is busted theory but

TE BANNER IS GONE THE BANNER IS GONE!!!!
Meh. I stopped thinking that the banner being gone means anything a long time ago. It's been up there for weeks and we got Zelda and King Dedede while it was up.

I dunno if we will get another character; it depends if Sakurai wants to do something with the Smash 15th Anniversary. We know that he wants to complete SSB4 for the sake of it, but I am unsure if he will confirm a character on the 15th Anniversary (which is January 21 BTW). If he does, then hopefully we will get the remaining original 12 characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Maybe something we should still consider as it was already mentioned in other threads: A Nintendo press event or Nintendo Direct by the end of the month? We don't know if Renegade Kid is right, but still we should at least consider it.

Is there any newcomer who would be perfect for a reveal by the end of the month? If there were a newcomer, I expect a surprising newcomer most people didn't really expect. The big newcomers (if there were characters like K.Rool or Ridley or other newcomer contenders with much support such as Little Mac or maybe even Takamaru) are more likely for the final weeks/months or to build up hype right after the E3 this year.
However it still seems somehow a bit too early for newcomer reveals. Maybe late February or in March we get another newcomer, but already in January seems less likely.

So we are at the point we maybe get another veteran and for Smash Anniversary, from the original 12: Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon and Ness stay and are characters who cannot be used in the near future to advertise an upcoming game. Jigglypuff can after the reveal advertise Pokémon X/Y and Ness can advertise Earthbound in the eShop, but Captain Falcon even looking back has no real game he can advertise anymore. So showing him for the anniversary would be the best opportunity to be revealed.

I think every character who doesn't have an opportunity in the near future to advertise a game would be possible for a reveal by the end of the month if we were to get a veteran.

I'm fine with Captain Falcon or Ness shown by the end of the month, but I won't get my expectations too high, because I feel like a veteran being confirmed by the end of the month still seems less likely.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Maybe something we should still consider as it was already mentioned in other threads: A Nintendo press event or Nintendo Direct by the end of the month? We don't know if Renegade Kid is right, but still we should at least consider it.

Is there any newcomer who would be perfect for a reveal by the end of the month? If there were a newcomer, I expect a surprising newcomer most people didn't really expect. The big newcomers (if there were characters like K.Rool or Ridley or other newcomer contenders with much support such as Little Mac or maybe even Takamaru) are more likely for the final weeks/months or to build up hype right after the E3 this year.
However it still seems somehow a bit too early for newcomer reveals. Maybe late February or in March we get another newcomer, but already in January seems less likely.

So we are at the point we maybe get another veteran and for Smash Anniversary, from the original 12: Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon and Ness stay and are characters who cannot be used in the near future to advertise an upcoming game. Jigglypuff can after the reveal advertise Pokémon X/Y and Ness can advertise Earthbound in the eShop, but Captain Falcon even looking back has no real game he can advertise anymore. So showing him for the anniversary would be the best opportunity to be revealed.

I think every character who doesn't have an opportunity in the near future to advertise a game would be possible for a reveal by the end of the month if we were to get a veteran.

I'm fine with Captain Falcon or Ness shown by the end of the month, but I won't get my expectations too high, because I feel like a veteran being confirmed by the end of the month still seems less likely.
I just want a whole slew of veternas to be revelaed in a trailer. Not too in-depth, but maybe Lucas, Ike, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Wario, Yoshi, and Snake at the end. Just to prove all you naysayers wrong.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So the banner is gone, why is this a busted theory again, because it took long when it came to Rosalina's reveal?
I'm going to raise the standards and say it's a newcomer being revealed.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I just want a whole slew of veternas to be revelaed in a trailer. Not too in-depth, but maybe Lucas, Ike, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Wario, Yoshi, and Snake at the end. Just to prove all you naysayers wrong.
I prefer getting positively surprised than having high expectations and being disappointed by the end of the month. :)

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord

February would fit, as newcomers will probably only get revealed in Directs and those happen every other month. The last one was in December, so yeah. Then the next one would be April and after that it's E3 time. At E3 they might reveal several again, maybe 2-3.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I would hope we would get more than one character reveal at E3. That would be yet another blunder by Nintendo to not put out more info at arguably the biggest event of the year.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'll just paste the discussion here:
Do you think Ashley's AT confirmation indicates that Wario will be confirmed tomorrow?
Nope. But it does get me thinking about what Wario will look like.

Probably the Game & Wario appearance with the darker skin and nose from Wario Land.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
At e3 i only expect one, one that is highly requested. Then they would talk about release month, stages, other new stuff/modes.

D

Deleted member

Do you think Ashley's AT confirmation indicates that Wario will be confirmed tomorrow?
I dunno. I wish. I'm pretty hyped for Wario to be honest! IT'SA WARIO TIME!

EDIT: This month marks the 20th Anniversary of Wario Land in Japan! I would be surprised if he wasn't confirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I doubt it. Even if the Assist Trophy was a Yoshi's Island character, that wouldn't mean that Yoshi will be revealed on the next day.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Someone on gamefaqs mentioned on gamefaqs that Wario COULD be revealed when Mario kart 8 is released

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
It appears Ice Climber's anniversary is January 30th. Dunno if that's been mentioned yet. Also, I'd bet they'd "advertise" NES Remix.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So I heard that Yoshi's New Island is coming out in the Summer for Japan. I don't know if that's true though.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I would like that too, though I don't expect it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Rumor time.

Falcon on the 21st

Chrom by the end of next month

Diddy on Tropical Freeze's release date

Let's see what habbens.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Rumor time.

Falcon on the 21st

Chrom by the end of next month

Diddy on Tropical Freeze's release date

Let's see what habbens.
Falcon on the 21st makes a bit of sense, since it's the 14th anniversary of Smash, and Falcon is practically the mascot. Diddy on TF's release date also makes a ton of sense, I'd say either Diddy or Dixie will get a reveal then. I'll take the Chrom reveal as just a rumor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom