• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we make Ness top tier?

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
At this point, I'm pretty much convinced that Ness is top tier. And, if I'm right, tiers are based off of tournament results and peak metagames at tourneys (right?). So, it's not really a question of how we can convince others to play as Ness, so much as it is how we can increase his metagame. Any suggestions?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
You can't convince others to play Ness. What the Ness players have to do is stop sitting here and start joining tourneys. Then maybe some people will start using him.

I'll be going to tourneys soon maybe on the 13th.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't planning on convincing others to use him, but you're right. No amount of ATs will help us if we don't show them off in tourneys. Unfortunately, I'm not going to a tourney until I master PK Jumping and the yo-yo spike. Hopefully that won't take too long...

Mangme

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't want Ness to be top tier, if he was, everyone would start using him.

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice

(Earthbound360's signature)

He simply is top tier. We don't need to convince anyone that he is.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm actually pretty happy with where Ness stands. A lot of people prefer Lucas to Ness anyway because Lucas is so much more easier to control. But then I have to pull out the heavy arsenal against them to show them what they're missing out on. ;P No I'm not making a character comparison, I'm just pointing out the facts.

ChileNess

Smash Apprentice
i live where a Wii is and a tourney in the moment.
O.o ness top TIER? ah i remember that melle days.... "ah you main ness... ¿why not fox or marth? mm..... well i played a tournament recently AND i was the only ness in the tourney all pit,lucas,Didi kong,metas,snakes,IKE ALOT and marth....... i think that ness is kinda in the fan an not popular side i ask who is ness in my city and anyne can answer. me...but.... if people want to use ness... and like ademisk say"Play ness,No johns":laugh:

Uffe

Smash Hero
O.o ness top TIER? ah i remember that melle days.... "ah you main ness... ¿why not fox or marth? mm..... well i played a tournament recently AND i was the only ness in the tourney all pit,lucas,Didi kong,metas,snakes,IKE ALOT and marth....... i think that ness is kinda in the fan an not popular side i ask who is ness in my city and anyne can answer. me...but.... if people want to use ness... and like ademisk say"Play ness,No johns":laugh:
I don't play as them because they're overrated. Okay, Pit, not so much. Actually I started to play as Ike because I kept seeing the same BS people pull with him and I wanted to see what more Ike had to him than just fsmash, usmash and Aether. Though I say I use his Aether pretty effectively.

_clinton

Smash Master
Well...I'm not a tourney person...so I can't really make people think Ness is top tier...

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
Why would you want Ness as top tier? Then he'd end up just like Snake and Metaknight; everyone would think he's "too cheap." Marth and Charizard kinda screw Ness with their deathgrabs. Haven't experienced the deathgrab yet, though.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
To Ademisk : Really? Hm, with so many Olimars and Bowsers and Ikes about, I wouldn't have known. But it seems right. I WOULD like to go to another tourney, but I don't know when or where they are. Isn't there a tournament calendar on this site?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hide Marth's hairbrush so that he misses out of more tournaments. :laugh: In all seriousness, some insanely good exclusive AT would probably need to be found for him that would help him against his worst matchups. As things stands, I think he'll stay comfortably in the middle tier which is great because, unlike the low tiers, people still actually give them a chance in major tournaments.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I agree, I'm glad of Ness's mid tier, I've seen a lot of new people playing Ness, there's like 6 in my state alone, where before I was the only Ness player in the entire state.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, middle tier isn't bad. At least he isn't one of those overused characters that everyone hates and says is cheap. And thanks for the link, Ref!

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Well we just go to tourneys and own.

But really, I dont care if hes top tier or not. I use Ness cause I like his moves, and cause I love Earthbound and Ness is one of my favorite characters....like....ever...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Meh.... I'm still the only Ness mainer in my state. The other switched to DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD >_>; I'm so alone T_T

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Lol my siggy
Im probably going to go to a tourney sometime soon. I was hoping that I could represent Ness with online ever since online was announced, but ****it no cuz apprently "online doesn't count for anything".

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Yeah just go to tournaments. You guys shouldn't worry about the infinites since I've been seeing it banned in more and more tournaments. Online doesn't count for anything, honestly lol.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Also its not really an infinite, more of a chain grab. If you DI away Marth he moves a bit. It'll end at the edge.

fear17

Smash Apprentice
Ness will become a top tier after poeple see what hes capable of im a lucas mainer but ness is my second one and im very very good with him

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Lol my siggy
Im probably going to go to a tourney sometime soon. I was hoping that I could represent Ness with online ever since online was announced, but ****it no cuz apprently "online doesn't count for anything".
Which I think is bull simply because that's the only realistic way I can compete. I hate how I feel like I have to aplogize for not living in California, Florida, New York, etc. I think the last Smash tournament that was held in St. Louis was in 2002. :psycho: Ugh...

_clinton

Smash Master
Meh...if there is no lag for these matches I don't see why Online can't count for anything...it would be easier for people like me...

But whatever...

Ademisk

Smash Champion
There's ALWAYS lag. I don't care if you can't feel it, it's there. If you played a Wi-fi match with 'no lag' and a regular brawl match side by side, doing the exact same things, doing the exact same movements on two controllers, you'd see a definite difference.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
Crap, most of the Smash tourneys this summer are in London (?!).......... Yeah, guys, but online really doesn't count unless you're fighting someone on your friend list (in a Stock Match), because Time Matches are gay :p

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
No online does not really count for anything even in friends list stock, because of the lag/input lag existing in every match you'll play.

Uffe

Smash Hero
No online does not really count for anything even in friends list stock, because of the lag/input lag existing in every match you'll play.
Well then lucky me and my friends for not having to deal with lag.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
It doesn't hurt you, but it hurts your playing and your opponents playing. Some people more than others.

darklink92

Smash Rookie
What's the point of making him top tier? He's good the way he is and I don't want him to become overused by too many people.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Make a video of winning with only the fair and back throw. Send it to the smash back room and they will realize that if 1/10 of a characters moves can win a game, the full thing must be god-tier.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
@Ref-Mmkay sure. I guess I'm not one of those people who are extremely hindered by lag.
@Darklink-Cuz more people means a cooler character. You do wanna be with the cool people right?
@Mr. Hatred-lol Ima do dat. No even better, win with only PKT and PKT2 (technically 1 move)

Top Bottom