• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can people abuse/torture animals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I watched an animal cruelty video today.

It made me cry for the first time in like 4-5 years.

Seriously I love animals and believe they deserve to live happy and be treated right.

I may eat meat but I KNOW what goes on behind the scenes and I take it with with a pinch of salt.(No pun intended :ohwell:)

Unnecessary cruelty makes me sick and the ****ers who do it deserve the same fate.

Anyone who calls me a ***** or any of that **** can just ****k off and die because this is one of many pointless things that waste of life sickos do and deep down everyone knows it.I dont care if its for money it can be done humanely.

If you want to see the video I saw then pM me.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Yeah I hate the sick ****s who do stuff like that. I think there was a case were some guys lighted a dog on fire. After that some guys from school beat them up. I still think they deserve more.

Mith_

Smash Champion
i dont see how ppl could bring themselves to treat an animal like that.
some idiot intentionally tried to hit a dog while he was driving. the dog ran away scared. it was so sad.

Pikaville

Nah man no one has to watch it.Idont blame you because its really bad.

It made me cry for god sake and im 21 years old!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I think you have issues if you haven't cried in over 4+ years.

edit: so i start to watch the video and have to keep switching to a different tab and than back over. I could't bear to watch for more than 5 secs at a time.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah, I can't watch that. I watched a little bit, and that's just way too much for me.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
...No... I don't even-...

What are-... those things...? Are they... dogs?

...Oh good lord... the thing was still... alive when they.... no... people who are reading this shouldn't know... dear lord no....

How can anybody possibly-....

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Video's not workin' for me.

If it comes back up, if it's too graphic for the forums, will you take it down please? If it's informative, and good mannered, I don't mind if it stays up. I just don't want any kids being scarred by seeing this.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Kids will be scarred from the video. I'd hate for you to remove it, but it's extremely graphic and disheartening. qq

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Alright, I edited the video out. But since this conversation is well within the rules, I'll keep the thread open.

I can edit the video from SWF, but I can't stop you from watching it outside of SWF. If you really want to see the video, PM Pikaville, and I'm sure he'll link it to you.

Mewter

Smash Master
For those who haven't seen the link, imagine the scariest slasher film you've ever seen. Now imagine it in real life and ten times more backwards.
Yeah, it's a good thing it was edited out of the OP. It was very hard to watch.

finalark

SNORLAX
...and to think I was going to watch the video before I read all of those comments. I'm not an animal lover, but there's no reason to put any innocent living creature through such punishment. I eat meat, I enjoy meat, but I'd rather that my meat had had a quick and painless death. Putting anything through something so... painful (I'm just taking a rough stab from what I've read in this thread so far) is just evil.

Pikaville

Whoever said I have issues because I havent cried in 4 or more years is a fool because it means I havent had anything to cry about for that long,I count myself lucky.

Back on topic.

I suppose the video was a bit much for kids(I did give a warning though)But kids are tough these days,well at least they try and act it.Kids need to see these kind of thing(not really young kids)only they can stop this in the future.It may be hard to watch but its even harder to imagine how people actually do this kind of thing.This is reality and its only the surface.

I think Kinzers reaction says it all.....

I actually had to hug my dogs for like 20 mins after watching that,weeping to them telling them that it will never happen to them as long as I live.

Releasing emotions you havent felt in a while feels really good though.

Pikaville

I mean ive thought about it from time to time but until I saw this video it never really hit home.

I said it to Xsyven and ill say it here.

I actually feel different after watching it.I want to do something about it but cant.

Maybe I should volunteer at a local shelter for abandoned/abused dogs etc.I think it would be infinitly rewarding.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I'd ask for that video, but I know I couldn't bear to watch it. It just...sickens me.

People who torture animals like that are...just...i'm not going to start swearing on here, you get my point. I hate them with a passion.

Makes me want to help out some how, but I don't know alot of places around here where I can have a chance to do something. All I can do is really hope that one day there will be a stop to this...somehow.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
They do worse stuff to humans.

Overload

Smash Lord
I made a thread on this a while back and I think I know what video you're all talking about. I'll pm you when I'm out of school for the link.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
It's all relative. People cry when baby seals are killed or some one steps on a puppy/kitten, but there are other animals that people don't care at all about.

I have a friend in college who is an evolutionary biology major and he has studied ants for about a year and a half now. He and his professors have killed thousands upon thousands of ants: dropping them in tubs of alcohol or antifreeze or whatever they put them into. No one cares. Why? Because they are small and insignificant. Even PETA doesn't care (he's told me this several times). Personally, a squirrel or chipmunk or toad don't affect me at all. They really don't. But because maybe their mammals, or look cute that one of them dying is worse than killing millions of other animals.

Not to say I strictly advocate torture, but killing ants doesn't bother me and it's interesting to think why we innately think that and if it's right.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's all relative. People cry when baby seals are killed or some one steps on a puppy/kitten, but there are other animals that people don't care at all about.

I have a friend in college who is an evolutionary biology major and he has studied ants for about a year and a half now. He and his professors have killed thousands upon thousands of ants: dropping them in tubs of alcohol or antifreeze or whatever they put them into. No one cares. Why? Because they are small and insignificant. Even PETA doesn't care (he's told me this several times). Personally, a squirrel or chipmunk or toad don't affect me at all. They really don't. But because maybe their mammals, or look cute that one of them dying is worse than killing millions of other animals.

Not to say I strictly advocate torture, but killing ants doesn't bother me and it's interesting to think why we innately think that and if it's right.
I think you're right about that. Thing is, people are far more able to not consider insects and the like as something they connect with.

I dunno, I wouldn't even think twice about stomping a bug, perhaps it's that weird alien feel they have to them.

When it comes to mammals and even birds though, there seem to be more characteristcs which they loosely share with us. We view them as living, breathing organisms. They have eyes, ears, they bleed. I can't really describe it, but there is more of a feeling of sympathy and almost empathy for them.

Still, I'm never really that up in arms about any form of cruelty, because I lost my faith in humanity a long time ago. This kind of thing just makes me chuckle cynically and mirthlessly.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer

It's because bugs are evil, annoying, disgusting creatures that must die :mad:

But pandas and seals are nice and fuzzy.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman

When it comes to mammals and even birds though, there seem to be more characteristcs which they loosely share with us. We view them as living, breathing organisms. They have eyes, ears, they bleed. I can't really describe it, but there is more of a feeling of sympathy and almost empathy for them.
Feeling as if I should bring this up right now, in a responce to what you said.

The other day in my gym class we walked down to one of the vacant feild nearby the middle school (high school and middle school are right next to each other). After we were done playing an asinine game called 'frisbee golf', I waited patiently near a tree for te rest of my class to finish. My attention suddenly turned to a small bumblebee flying around near the ground, and was suddenly intrigued by what was happening. I crouched down and noticed this single bee was fighting about twenty ants. The bee crawled along the ground and the ants were biting at it, and every so often the bee would hover slightly above the ground creating a little sandstorm to hurt the ants. I felt a bit of an sympathy for the poor bee, and continued to watch.

Eventually, the others in my class realized I was watching a small battle, and one came over and stomped right on the ants. I saw the bee fly away by the skin of it's teeth, and turned around to ask as to why such would disrupt the insects when they had no reason; the bugs were not harming them in any way. The guy merely walked away. Later he told me that the bee died, no doubt he hunted it down and killed it on the spot.

I do agree with what you're saying over the fact that as long as a creature shows some sign of simliarities between us we'll care about it, it's just that people usually overlook certain animals due to them being not fuzzy or cute, when we should reaize that all living things can feel pain and then I think people will care more.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Yeah. When I heard Michael Vick was running dog fights in his backyard, I thought "Yeah it's gonna give the Atlanta Falcons a bad taste". They found mounds of dog burials for the dogs that lost the matches. If a dog loses, it meant DEATH. He completely embarrassed his team. Good thing I'm a Patriots fan.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Animal abuse disguists me so much.
Yeah sure with insects, no one really cares as much (although I'll get mad at someone if they kill a bug for no reason in front of me), but with animals, we kind of have a connection with them. Especially if you have pets at home, animal abuse will make you sad.

Most people who abuse animals do so because they often feel that's how they should be treated, suffer from abuse from others, or get a little sense of 'power' when hurting the animal.

I have a social group on stoping animal cruelty btw if anyone is interested to join.
http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=350

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I find the people's objections to animal cruelty to be fickle.

They should go to the Middle East or something, they kick dogs and throw stones at them there, and scare them into oblivion.

They eat dogs in Korea. Eating dogs is not cruel, but people get up in arms.

I don't like Western society's bias towards certain animals, I think they're extremely detached from nature.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I think I've seen the video OP is referring to.... blah. Made me cry like a baby.

I work as a Veterinary Tech Assistant and volunteer as an Adoption Counselor..... thinking about vids like that one make my work so much more worth it when I'm having a bad day.

Cyndi

Smash Apprentice
animal abusers suck at life. and should definitely thrown into prison
Amen. It's like the people who abuse children too. Animals can't defend themselves. Worse, animals can't TALK to tell you they're being mistreated. You can only see it if they have marks or limp for reasons that can't be legitimately explained.

People are just sick.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Then should all animals qualify for animal abuse? If some one catches a fish and throws it back? Smashes a cockroach but doesn't kill it? Where would the line be drawn if there even were a line?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
People are just sick.
They're also top of the food chain, and the master being of this planet.

Also, let me tell you a story about my now deceased cute kitty cat.

It liked to catch birds and mice even when it wasn't hungry. It wouldn't hunt them conventionally either, it would do the following:

When it caught a mouse once, it hammered it with its paw and freed the mouse, watching it limp away in terror. It then stuck it's paw on the mouse's tail and gave it a little nibble and released it again. The mouse started hobbling away again, and my cat pounced again. It then gave it another hammer blow to the head and triumphantly dumped the mangled creature in front of me.

When it caught a bird, it broke its wings and watched it try and fly away. It then pounced again on the bird and chewed its legs, and watched it try and wriggle away. It then finished it off and dumped the wrecked mess in front of me.

Animals are cruel, nature is cruel. We are animals, we are part of nature. Stop trying to deny the fact that humans are barbaric at their core.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
It all comes down to the Garden of Eden. There was a time when we can pick ribs from a pig without harm being done to them. A lamb can approach a lion without being mauled. But because of humans screwing everything up, everything we touch seems to die. So Teran states a good point.

I should change my name to Psalmz and go religious on your buttocks. :mad:

lolololol jk

Silentprotector

Smash Cadet
well i not sure if i know what the vid. u saw. but i had my share of other vids.
yeah i believe the people who harm a animal like abuse them should be given the same Fate as they gave to the animals. I don't cry when i see the vids. It breakes my heart seeing the sick things people do. also Heartz is right their was time where u can kill a animal just normally and not do crazy more brutal tatics to do it..... but what ever their are some people in this world that are sick

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I love animals. Especially birds. I walk down this street almost everyday and I see dead cardinals, blue jays, and even a deer, and all I can do is just watch the maggots eat away at the poor animals' corpse. Humans care so much about themselves that they neglect the other living creatures on this planet. Animals don't sin; they do everything by instinct so they are never at fault.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Humans care so much about themselves that they neglect the other living creatures on this planet. Animals don't sin; they do everything by instinct so they are never at fault.
Actually, we care more about other organisms than any other animal on this planet.

Altruism outside of humans is borderline non existant. Bottom line, most animals are not very intelligent yet don't have that sophisticated stupidity. Thery only care about themselves, which is actually the most logical thing to do. The fact that we actually care for animals makes us freaks of nature and horribly illogical beings.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Actually, we care more about other organisms than any other animal on this planet.

Altruism outside of humans is borderline non existant. Bottom line, most animals are not very intelligent yet don't have that sophisticated stupidity. Thery only care about themselves, which is actually the most logical thing to do. The fact that we actually care for animals makes us freaks of nature and horribly illogical beings.
Well, I meant as far as pain and suffering. Of course, humans need animals for food, clothing, etc. We are so accustomed to chopping down that cow and what not that we do it without any remorse. Charlotte's Web comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom