• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can FD gimp recoveries?

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
In all honesty, I've never been gimped with Diddy considering how much you can angle his up b.

The main contenders for this issue for me have been:

- Snake.
- Dedede
- Marth from time to time, not so much though.
- Wolf.
- One of the bigger ones, Zelda.

Zelda I feel I should make a special mention of. I seem to get gimped an awful lot with her on any course with a ledge. I aim for the ledge, and it throws me right under it.

Final D, Pokemon Stadium 1, Luigi's Mansion, It's just ridiculous. I have tried and tried, time again, to aim it correctly, and it usually always produces the same results when I'm under the edge.

ShadowBlitz

Smash Apprentice
I main Marth and everytime I counter an edgegaurder's move and press up B to get back on the stage, I get caught under the lip and fall to doom...this happens with me so many times, not just with Marth, but with Ike and Snake, Snake especially.

That's the only part that pisses me off about FD.

Oracle

Smash Master
People just aren't used to it yet. Usually, they just whine because they aren't good enough to memorize how to recover.
No johns

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
I main Marth and everytime I counter an edgegaurder's move and press up B to get back on the stage, I get caught under the lip and fall to doom...this happens with me so many times, not just with Marth, but with Ike and Snake, Snake especially.

That's the only part that pisses me off about FD.
then don't do that....O_o
"Hey, I touched the fire and my hand turned into a scab"
"Cool, try it again and see if you can only turn a few fingers into scabs"

People just aren't used to it yet. Usually, they just whine because they aren't good enough to memorize how to recover.
No johns
How long does it take to get used to it?
and i agree though, "i got caught under FD cuz it sucks" is a horrible john

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
i cant possibly begin to tell you how many matches i have lost when snake or falco dont make it over to the ledge.....dang FD. My brother just laughs when snake stays under the stage for 2 seconds until he falls to his doom.

not that hard to get out of, if you dont have a C4 on the field....still the lip does suck.

So, it's only Boozer and the mother kids.

inverse PKT2 recovery(for Ness) will ussually get you back up if all eles fails.

Top Bottom