• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How broken is snake? Just watch...

Evle

Smash Rookie
hell yeah

it suppose kick hits in ROB's arm, didn't?

metroid1117

Smash Master
It's really not that hard to understand if you know how hitboxes and "hurtboxes" work.

Each character has their own "hurtbox" (I use this term because I don't know the proper one); if an attack touches the "hurtbox", the character takes damage. Each attack has it's own hitbox, which essentially determines the range of the attack. A "disjointed" attack is an attack where the hitbox is separated from a character's "hurtbox"; such attacks include sword and projectile attacks (Ike's and Marth's FAir, Samus' missiles, TL's boomerang, etc.) - if you hit the hitbox of a disjointed attack, the enemy does not take any damage. Contrary to "disjointed" attacks are "non-disjointed" attacks; these are attacks in which the hurtbox is close to the hitbox, such as Ike's jab or, in this case, ROB's FTilt. If you hit these character's hitbox with your own hitbox, you're likely to deal damage to them if your attack goes through theirs.

In this case, we have a ROB getting hit out of his FTilt by Snake's UTilt; what happened in terms of hitboxes is that Snake's UTilt hit through ROB's non-disjointed attack and came in contact with ROB's hurtbox - his arm, which is right next to Snake. Also, if you pause the video at 0:18, it shows the contact point as ROB's arm, not ROB's body; this video doesn't really prove that Snake is broken, just that he has a really fast UTilt.

Mewter

Smash Master
LOL, Yttuty, that is insane.
I always knew it was big, but not THAT big. :laugh:
I mean, really. Poor R.O.B.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
lol hurtbox is a nice word^^
we all know why this has happened but it's still insane lol

Top Bottom