• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
IMO: Yoshi level - Ban

I know counterpicking is supposed to give you and advantage and all but... that level just seems way too unbalanced to me. I dun wanna fight marios there anymore D: And there's still the walk-off thing :/ I don't like small stages with walk-offs :/ that's just me though.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
If you havnt voted. plz do so by 10pm. i will count the votes and make the changes onight.

kown

Smash Lord
two and a half hours of straigh wifi matches. woah my head hurts ggs keith. yea so u pretty much rule with everyone and im just so n so with pit haha. i was hoping you would eventually pick pit so i could see how you would paly but wtvr ggs.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
two and a half hours of straigh wifi matches. woah my head hurts ggs keith. yea so u pretty much rule with everyone and im just so n so with pit haha. i was hoping you would eventually pick pit so i could see how you would paly but wtvr ggs.
are you coming w/ TGM to my place tonight? he mentioned bringing you with him
and wait a min...pearland? where in pearland are you at? lol

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
hey guys I'm planning on having my smashfest this wednesday, you can start coming early like around 11 am if you want

address: 6714 Archgate Dr. Spring,Tx 77373

mycellphone is on the first page hope to see you there :)

ArcaneSageX

Smash Rookie
So I'm looking at a map of Houston and see that where I live doesn't even have a name. Pearland is southwest of me, Friendswood is south, Webster is southeast, and South Houston and Pasadena is north of me.

My address lists Houston as city of residence and this seems to bring up problems as people always follow up the question of "Where do you live?" with "What part of Houston?". Yep.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
the other side O_O
lol but there might be a get together at my dad's place tonight, which is kinda at the middle
well, there probably will i just have to work a couple stupid issues out w/ my mom lolz

and there's a smashfest at the drink station all night this thursday.
do you know where that is?

arcanesage lol just tell people south side or bay area and they can figure it out with an address

kown

Smash Lord
the other side O_O
lol but there might be a get together at my dad's place tonight, which is kinda at the middle
well, there probably will i just have to work a couple stupid issues out w/ my mom lolz

and there's a smashfest at the drink station all night this thursday.
do you know where that is?
wiat so there is a smashfest tonite at your house? and if there is i need an address. could you get on aim itd be easier to talk. haha

KRDsonic

Smash Master
:/ I tried playing on wifi today against some random people and discovered something, I completely suck on wifi now lol, I'm only good offline now D: I've decided to no longer use my mains for wifi so I don't get worse with them :p

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Getting on now Kown...u host!...RT...u still goin to smashfest right?
Yeah, but I have work that day, so I won't be free until around 6-7. I need your cell number so I can contact you...

hey guys I'm planning on having my smashfest this wednesday, you can start coming early like around 11 am if you want

address: 6714 Archgate Dr. Spring,Tx 77373

mycellphone is on the first page hope to see you there :)
Sweet, I'll be there. :)

As for the stages:

Pipes=CP
PS2=CP
Onett=don't care

ArcaneSageX

Smash Rookie
Clear Lake is a little bit aways from me. My neighborhood is right next to I-45 and south-ish of Beltway 8.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
this isn't my big smashfest.
this is just a small get together at my house
the smashfest is thursday night at the drink station.

your place is a bit far but if you have say $10 for gas i might be able to manage it
but getting you back would be another story
you may have to talk to TGM

onii-chan

Smash Ace
this isn't my big smashfest.
this is just a small get together at my house
the smashfest is thursday night at the drink station.

your place is a bit far but if you have say $10 for gas i might be able to manage it
but getting you back would be another story
you may have to talk to TGM
hm...i see...

why...it is quite far...$10 sorry but i don't poop golden nuggets...i only got bout $3 and a snicker bar...i missing out on alot of action...i guess i'll got to pimpslaps house tomorrow and hangout with him maybe play some pokemanz and brawl...get him to look at the new rules

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I like how you guys are voting when the SBR already voted and discussed every stage in depth for like 2 months.

It's amusing.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No one from Houston is part of SBR, so there's no one who can lend themselves to be "credible" on this subject. :ohwell:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187736

Notice that Onett was the only stage that was listed as being too close to call. Pipes, Distant Planet, and PS2 all had more than double the votes for counter than for banned, especially PS2 (only two for ban and twenty-one for counter).

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
lol @ houston's lack of SBR representation
none of our best players are terribly active on the boards....so i guess that rules us out.

and double lol @ allan's stubbornness to include more stages

Esca

Smash Champion
SBR did NOT make a rule-set. What they've made is rule uh... guidelines, meant for you to skew in whichever way you feel fit. Xyro is letting us vote, it's very pleasent to know that he actually cares about what we think. SBR set a recommended list of rules. They weren't set in stone. They were meant to be changed.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
yeah don't get me wrong, i personally like TGM's decision here to take liberties with the rule set

i just like laughing at all the ridiculous arguments that go on in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom