• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
If a graphical change is one of your leading points then there's nothing to talk about lmao. That's like seat belts going from around the waist to over the shoulder, it's basic ****.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
But so it's like a patch then? Same mechanics and system, just the stuff you listed. Smash 4 isn't going to be a copy of brawl with just new stages/characters/buffs/nerfs. It's going to have different mechanics and a different system is it not? You can't base on how it's looking (which looks different) to say it's just a Brawl patch.

Tesh

Smash Hero
New stages from SFXT
lol the new stages arent even new? they are just ported?

i remember when cod games started doing that, 5 maps in a pack, 3 are from an old COD game

I disagree with Xyro, I personally think Melee is kind of ugly and Brawl is gorgeous. For Nintendo series in general, there is only so much you can do to make Kirby, Mario and Samus look better, because its not aiming for realism. Once everything stopped being all blocky, it was a pretty huge leap. I know Zelda characters will benefit greatly, since they look more human, but Smash 4 doesn't look like as big of a graphical leap.

Another reason why im not interested in xbone and ps4. Its nothing particularly innovative. Gaming systems are so powerful already, I'm not impressed by the new more HD look this time. Wii U, 3DS, Occulus Rift etc. are the systems that show me a way to experience a game like never before.

MEGABUS TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE FOR WHOBO WEEKEND.

You know you wanna go, so go to http://us.megabus.com/ and buy your tickets for 1 dollar each RIGHT NOW.

If you act now, the change in your pocket could get you across the country to WHOBO V!

DeadRabbit

Smash Rookie
It wouldn't be right if Nintendo characters looked super realistic. There is only so much you can do with that style of animation.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Honestly, I would have been surprised if most of the stages were actually new, but even with that kind of expectation, it seems I was being too optimistic. Capcom keeping it real since 1992.

Wow, didn't know he could get his voice that gravely so effortlessly. Thanks for the link, Xyro.

Counting the days till Tesh buys a Next-gen console. Something is eventually going to make you bite. The consoles aren't even out yet and you're already concerned that you haven't found something worthwhile?

Tesh

Smash Hero
I like cod, but its coming out for ps3 so...

My brother gave me his Xbox 360 when he moved out. I bought a Ps3 for god of war (bayonetta is way better and its on wii u only now).

Maybe in 2015 when they start making some worthwhile games for next gen.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
P4, we don't know too much about smash4 what we do know is that it is an HD game. That is a huge from Brawl.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
P4, we don't know too much about smash4 what we do know is that it is an HD game. That is a huge from Brawl.
Dude c'mon, that's just because we live in the HD era, everything from now on will be HD, it's standard stuff. The next Smash will have even better graphics than this new one, it's expected and required I don't get how you can throw that in as a selling point.

Speaking of Smash4 and it's differences, have you seen Olimar? That fool looks exactly the same (moves and design wise) except they welded a whistle to his helmet.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I hope Olimar talks in Smash 4.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I never played any Pikmin games so I know nothing. I wonder if they would be glide tossing and/or wave dashing in this new system.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
To anyone saying smash 4 is just a Brawl update, are you honestly trying to judge a game this early into the development period where we know so little about the game? Seriously? We have a few screenshots and maybe about 8-10 screenshots for some characters and that's about it. And don't forget that things can and do get changed from the time a game is first revealed to the point where it's released.

:059:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I never played any Pikmin games so I know nothing. I wonder if they would be glide tossing and/or wave dashing in this new system.
Only a Diddy main would think this up.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I don't see how there will be wave dashing without a directional air dodge, this game has Brawl's air dodge.

To anyone saying smash 4 is just a Brawl update, are you honestly trying to judge a game this early into the development period where we know so little about the game? Seriously? We have a few screenshots and maybe about 8-10 screenshots for some characters and that's about it. And don't forget that things can and do get changed from the time a game is first revealed to the point where it's released.

:059:
There's game play footage too KRD, from just looking at it the weight and speed seems very similar to Brawl, it still has Brawl's air dodge and rolls too.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
SMT IV came out yesterday. People who have it and FE get $30 eShop credit for a limited time.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Went to Zuma to hang the Whobo 5 poster in the window and to give them flyers to hand out to every customer that comes thru the door. 3 months to go and its showtime!

Xyro77

I fought Alatreon in mh3u for the first time last night. HOLY F was the fight sweet. good music and he looks bad ass.

Xyro77

Fought him online or in your village?

Online.

Im still on 3 stars offline. game sucks too much to do anything offline. Online though (im hr5) i can actually do a lot now that i have a decent weapon. im trying to get good armor (ivory lagi set) but the quest i need (ivory lagi) was beaten and now it disappeared :(

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Wait what? Lol the quest shouldn't disappear. There are some quests that shuffle around but it's not gone for good, if you're in an Ivory room someone should always have it.

Xyro77

I hit G rank last night. And I found the ivory lagi quest. G rank missions are super rough. My high rank gobul armor is seriously useless now. FUUUUU

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Yeah dude that's what happens, but now that you're G rank you're set. Some Peco armor would be a nice start again. If you've stuck with the game this far you might as well buckle down and grind out some good armor and weapons and get good at the game, I'll start playing again if you take it a little more seriously lol.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Last brief reminders:

1. If you are bringing a set up, Please show up promptly at 10:30 AM. This will allow us with 30 minutes to ensure everything is okay with the venue before we let the general public in at 11am.

2. You may have noticed that I have crossed out the previous schedule for the last 36 or so hours. This was because someone was flying in from NYC for this tournament, and needed a ride from one of my judges. The matter was resolved without incident, and so the previous schedule was restored.

3. If you are entering Smash 64, Please bring both a gamecube and a N64 controller. I am lost in the amount of set ups people are going to bring for that tournament, and it is best to be prepared.

4. I will bring two extension cords and surge protectors to the tournament. One set is for my PC which I will be bringing, and the other is for the infamous windowed back wall, which has no electricity in front of the windows. I encourage you to at least bring surge protectors to the event so that we can get electricity for the event.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Whobo 5 Medals Announcement: Lets get HYPE! Here are the 1st place Champion Medals for Brawl/Melee/Project M/64 to be awarded to Singles and Doubles tournaments so a total of 16 medals will be given out. We are thinking about doing a 3 day event next year if the turnout is good with your support this year so we will give more details about it soon. Venue fee increases August 1st so Pre-Register now at www.airbrushking.net/tournaments/whobo5 and more announcements are on the way so stay tuned!

(Brawl Medals)

(Melee Medals)

(Project M Medals)

(64 Medals)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh god, those quotes, especially the Persona ones...

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
trying to befriend demons in that game is ****ing ******** and usually gets you killed looool.

that being said I'm enjoying it anyway, and if I don't I still have my $30 for the eshop to buy something.

****, this thread is broken again, it was working fine last time I posted here.

Reznor

work in progress
I got 49th in WHOBO thought I was 33rd whatever just surprised they never put the characters I used (Fox)

anyways i'll try to be there

Xyro77

wtf some, dude it challenging anybody to a 200$ mm at whobo 5. is this is real and he mains toonlink like i think he does......ILL DO IT. go see the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom