• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
LOL, a message that applies to a growing number of people...

:phone:

heytallman

CTALL
I am about to edit a video I just made, which I'll be posting sometime next week, maybe Monday. It involves a clip from Genesis that I didn't include in my big Genesis video. You may know what I refer to.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Xyro just pick gifs for everybody cuz I doubt anything will get done for the next week or something...and the PR is already overdue.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Pay RT.

Just got The Last Story. Time to play for a few hours and then never play again.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
oh sweet its out now. ill get it asap.
It's been out since Tuesday.

You may or may not find it, they had problems with supply. I got mine from Amazon, and they actually ran out of copies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Not sure who cares but i AM going to apex this year. not to try and place well in bracket(not gonna enter) because low tier cant do it but instead to hang and MM all low tier mains at the event. The ****ing green lesbian is going into das hyberbolic phone booth and when she/he/it comes out, he/it/she will be skinnier, more attractive, long zair and ready to have more sexual bouts than ever before.

5 months to go.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Not sure who cares but i AM going to apex this year. not to try and place well in bracket(not gonna enter) because low tier cant do it but instead to hang and MM all low tier mains at the event. The ****ing green lesbian is going into das hyberbolic phone booth and when she/he/it comes out, he/it/she will be skinnier, more attractive, long zair and ready to have more sexual bouts than ever before.

5 months to go.
Did Japan inspire you like everyone else? :awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PQtouX6gBM
first 10 seconds, i've never seen any other player/character do that with zair. You can platform cancel after the hitbox is out?

Xyro77

Did Japan inspire you like everyone else? :awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PQtouX6gBM
first 10 seconds, i've never seen any other player/character do that with zair. You can platform cancel after the hitbox is out?
japan doesnt inspire me at all. never have and never will.

but as for that move. i dont know how to platform cancel(never knew what buttons to press nor when to press them) but i do know that samus can infinite jump out of zair( nearly fully extended) kinda like bowsers koopa klaw infinite if there is a platform/ground near by and since its the SV platform you can platform cancel that. add in buffering(something i have never been able to do since day 1) and u got some cool looking stuff. Not very effective IMO but if a gimmick gets u a % lead or free stock....take it.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Eh, I tried it out just now. I don't understand how its possible. I thought platform cancelling was initiating an airdodge/aerial while passing a moving platform, but the hitbox is obviously out and I can just cancel it.

I think its pretty cool, rising zair doesn't look that good for toon link, but Samus has that godly range and if you could chain lagless rising zair with lagless falling zair..... Well you have a pretty annoying defense that does almost no damage.

From what I can tell this is actually easier than platform cancelling since you are already doing a move, you can more or less just mash buttons while passing the platform and you automatically get it. Its pretty cool, I wish a good character had a Zair.

Xyro77

Eh, I tried it out just now. I don't understand how its possible. I thought platform cancelling was initiating an airdodge/aerial while passing a moving platform, but the hitbox is obviously out and I can just cancel it.

I think its pretty cool, rising zair doesn't look that good for toon link, but Samus has that godly range and if you could chain lagless rising zair with lagless falling zair..... Well you have a pretty annoying defense that does almost no damage.

From what I can tell this is actually easier than platform cancelling since you are already doing a move, you can more or less just mash buttons while passing the platform and you automatically get it. Its pretty cool, I wish a good character had a Zair.
The issue with platform canceling is its restricted to the platform. if the foe stays away, its totally useless.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Can't really stay away from the Smashville platform though, since it goes back and forth. I mean, rising Zair is otherwise extremely unsafe, so whatever gives you a safe option while rising is pretty good (floaty Samus definitely needs it), even if you can't use it all the time.

Xyro77

Can't really stay away from the Smashville platform though, since it goes back and forth. I mean, rising Zair is otherwise extremely unsafe, so whatever gives you a safe option while rising is pretty good (floaty Samus definitely needs it), even if you can't use it all the time.
wtf u cant stay away from it and your SONIC? dude just get on the ledge or RUN.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well in theory, if Samus was doing something so terrifying on the smashville platform that I could not approach through it, I'd be in a horrible position as almost every character. Because Samus can damage and kill you at range.

She is very easy to approach, but you do have to approach her, because you literally cannot survive 8-10 minutes of zair, missles and charge shot.

Also wtf, how are there 16 guests viewing this thread?

Xyro77

I litterally spread this thread across 8 different sites every so often.

Gamefaqs
LueLinks
Neogaf
4chan
Ign
Srk
Vgchartz
Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom