• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Wrong.

Nintendo's focus is offline multiplayer with friends/family in the living room. That's mandatory. Online is optional. Nintendo does not follow what the other 2 consoles do and that's why the big N is the winner of this gen. When WiiU competes with the ps4/720 this next gen, they will lose. But then at least u will have your online like you wanted.

:phone:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Don't forget how bad the acting was in that movie. Sir Ben Kingsley and Jake Gyllenhall were the only ones in there that were any good and the chic that played the princess was TTTTEEERRRRIBBBLLLEEEE.
I love the part where the bad guy is about to unleash his plan and the chick stops Jake to make out with him.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wrong.

Nintendo's focus is offline multiplayer with friends/family in the living room. That's mandatory. Online is optional. Nintendo does not follow what the other 2 consoles do and that's why the big N is the winner of this gen. When WiiU competes with the ps4/720 this next gen, they will lose. But then at least u will have your online like you wanted.

Well, if you want to get more technical, it's because Nintendo focused on the casual market. Little kids, adults, elderly, etc. were the prime targets for the Wii and DSi. DSiXL was mostly for adults and elderly who couldn't see on the regular DSi. However, they also managed to alienate most of the hardcore crowd who shifted focus on the PS3/Xbox360. So yeah, Nintendo won the numbers war, but a lot of hardcore gamers were left with a desire for better games and for better online. Yeah, online is optional, but most multiplayer games are expected to have online connectivity.

WiiU will fix that problem, as Nintendo has stated they have learned from their mistakes. They're trying to balance the casual crowd with the hardcore crowd with this system. Whether they succeed remains to be seen. With the recent report of lost sales they had, Nintendo has a lot to work on...but if they manage, then they'll be back to printing money in no time.

Gnes

Smash Master
Wrong.

Lmao you can have all the sales you wants. 360/ps3 have better games than the Wii. Thats all that really matters.

Xyro77

And I think that since they are actually trying to compete with Sony and Microsoft when it comes to online/graphic/hardcore games they will lose this upcoming gen. WiiU will have better online than Wii but according to Nintendo it's up to the developers to make the online system good(kinda like how ps2 did it). Ps4/720 will be XBOX live or betterish. So Nintendo will lose in the online category AGAIN. The graphics of WiiU will be better than ps3/360 but not as good as ps4/720....so Nintendo will lose that AGAIN. As for games we just gotta wait and see cause what used to be "hard core" isn't really hardcore anymore. Before CoD MW, shooters really were not Considered hardcore. But now they are so the times have changed and I don't think the metroid/Mario/Zelda are what the hardcore crowd crave anymore.

Xyro77

Lmao you can have all the sales you wants. 360/ps3 have better games than the Wii. Thats all that really matters.
A system that sells the most is deemed the winner of a generation. "good games" is an opinion and not even part of the discussion.

Xyro77

So Wii has better games than 360/Ps3?
Depends.

Are you a graphics *****?
Are you an FPS nerd?
Are you a introverted fat greasy man online multiplayer lover or are you a extroverted hot blonde girl offline multiplayer lover?
Are you a casual or core gamer?

You are trying to compare oranges to apples. Both oh which are making games for totally diff people.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Xyro are you coming to my tournament this weekend? Whether you are or aren't, could someone in Houston's carpool bring your huge bag of extension cords and power strips?

Xyro77

sorry kyle, im not going to the event.

Sync, after LSC championships, i need all my chords back. Amanda's family and my family are having thanksgiving/Christmas parties soon and i need those chords so i can hook up stuff for the 20 kids that will be over here.

Xyro77

off topic but i just read that Nintendo has an overseas "warchest" of money that they would use to create a "life saving" game/system if their current console/handheld flops. freakin awesome

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
If anyone ends up going to that SA tournament, can I come?

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Poll Options
What side event should i include in my tournaments?
Mario Kart Wii (comes out 4/27/08)
Guitar Hero 3 (or newest version)
Wii Sports (lolz)
F-Zero Wii (when it comes out)

Gnes

Smash Master
Depends.

Are you a graphics *****?
Are you an FPS nerd?
Are you a introverted fat greasy man online multiplayer lover or are you a extroverted hot blonde girl offline multiplayer lover?
Are you a casual or core gamer?

You are trying to compare oranges to apples. Both oh which are making games for totally diff people.

Spot dodging the question hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom