• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Maybe I should take up ZSS. :D

Btw, can I ask some questions about Genesis/big tournaments? This is my first big tourney actually following.

This is what I understand. There are too many people, so they make pools to choose the best out of the whole. In the pool, you play everyone else in the pool. Sorta like round robin? How do they decide who's top 3?

After pools, they take the X top players from each pool to create a normal tournament with brackets. Like now, 128?

Am I missing anything?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
grrrr how did you know i name search....
lol pop told me all about it at my smashfest

just like mew2king bait lololol

xyro you dropped ZSS????

:'(
dun wry i may pick her up to have in my back pocket because she actually IS fun

im sorry my boy but she doesnt feel fun. or at least once i use dher in real fights
she wasnt fun
allan she really is fun, you just need to play her more and figure out her set-ups and you need to use her in the air more. you play her too grounded like samus. also as far as her killing power... it's really good actually: uair, bair, fair, and side-b as long as you don't abuse it too much.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Maybe I should take up ZSS. :D

Btw, can I ask some questions about Genesis/big tournaments? This is my first big tourney actually following.

This is what I understand. There are too many people, so they make pools to choose the best out of the whole. In the pool, you play everyone else in the pool. Sorta like round robin? How do they decide who's top 3?

After pools, they take the X top players from each pool to create a normal tournament with brackets. Like now, 128?

Am I missing anything?
lets say a pool has 7 people in it. top 3 davance.

all the players of that pool play all the players of that pool. The 3 players with the LEAST amount of losses makes it out of the pool.

the reason for pools is to weed out the ****ty/semi ****ty players and leave the mid-great players for the bracket. it also increases skill rating accuracy.

off topic: dojo and utd are in winners finals. they beat fiction and m2k. razer/dsf got 17th. lost to lee puff and tyrant

Suspect

Smash Hero
I agree with m2k trying to save his character xyro and i think Inui and others he know are along with it.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Mmmmm. Zss, so tasty.

Twitter sounds like a fun idea.

I'm bringing my laptop for live stream. Xyro, you should enforce Chibo's Video Rule so that we can make sure that all important matches are saved and recorded.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Basically, the rules says that if you play at the tournament, you automatically consent to having your matches recorded without prior notice. Only special cases can merit otherwise. Honestly, very few people would ever say no to having their matches recorded.

Chibo's Video Rule said:
By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match.

Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's a rule that shouldn't really affect anyone, unless you're weird and think people will steal your "secret techniques." And that's just dumb.

Also, I got all the vids up. Jog unplugged my laptop, so some vids weren't recorded and I skipped some of the dumb matches. And some people didn't even play on the recording setup...so enjoy!

@Frost: the rule says without the need of consent from players. It doesn't matter if you both agree. You play a match, then it might get recorded.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
Smashfest This Week

Sorry, double post

HYPE! SMASHFEST IN PEARLAND THIS FRIDAY NIGHT!

Nefarious J is throwing a smashfest this Friday night at his house.

2925 Waterloo
Pearland, TX 77581

STARTS AT 3pm

Be there ya *****ES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom