• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Well the way I see it, neither brawl nor melee is part of MLG. Although brawl is in fact a newer game I don't think that really means that melee is dead. If anything it will merely attract more people from the same type of community that are still die hard fans of melee over brawl. If thats the case, then it wouldn't be a long shot to say that a lot of them would probably compete in brawl after being exposed to the game more often. Even if we assume that everyone in the houston area has already made the melee--> brawl conversion, melee is still an amazing game that requires a whole different set of skills then brawl, making it a viable condidate to add some diversity to the tourney scene, while still maintaining the same general premise as to what the tournament is about. Calling melee a 'dead' game simply because theres a sequel of sorts out is just the same as calling every previous zelda game obsolete and saying that Pokemon versions red and blue are crap because now theres a zillion other pokemon to choose from. There is still an adequate fanbase for melee and I do not believe that it should be ignored simply because of a new release.

Besides, melee kicks monkey balls.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Good luck to everyone today at pnt. Also Ive been talking to alot of people and in june I will feature melee as an addition to pnt tournaments. Will tell details later.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
why in the world is melee not a regular secondary at the tourneys?
melee is dead. brawl is the future. accept it.

Will the tier list that is suppose to come out on june 5th have any effect on low hobos legal characterS?
nope.

Well the way I see it, neither brawl nor melee is part of MLG. Although brawl is in fact a newer game I don't think that really means that melee is dead. If anything it will merely attract more people from the same type of community that are still die hard fans of melee over brawl. If thats the case, then it wouldn't be a long shot to say that a lot of them would probably compete in brawl after being exposed to the game more often. Even if we assume that everyone in the houston area has already made the melee--> brawl conversion, melee is still an amazing game that requires a whole different set of skills then brawl, making it a viable condidate to add some diversity to the tourney scene, while still maintaining the same general premise as to what the tournament is about. Calling melee a 'dead' game simply because theres a sequel of sorts out is just the same as calling every previous zelda game obsolete and saying that Pokemon versions red and blue are crap because now theres a zillion other pokemon to choose from. There is still an adequate fanbase for melee and I do not believe that it should be ignored simply because of a new release.

Besides, melee kicks monkey balls.
95% of houstons players dropped melee and went to brawl. The few who did not, i will alienate them and force them to pick up brawl or just not play(which is funny cause they pretty much never went to melee evesnts when it was popular). Melee is a sinking ship and there is no hope of filling the holes it has taken on. However, my arms are open! I ALONE can save you and your alienated kind! JOIN ME!

Melee is dead. Brawl is the future. Accept it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
We didn't play yesterday at all! You avoided me again Razer! I see how it is...Timothy.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Forcing a game to be dead by militiously ostrisizing the people who play it is not the way this should happen. Melee is an excellent game. I'm not saying that we should attempt to reestablish melee to its former glory, but it most certainly deserves to be played. Simply because theres a new game DOES NOT mean that we should just shut out the old one. It would be one thing to try and headline melee tournaments, but honestly, if SF4 is gonna be at a smash tournament, then i think that other smash games should be there. Just because people picked up brawl doesnt mean they would not enjoy playing melee after doing a full fledged brawl tournament. It's a fun game, and im sure there are a lot more people that pop melee into their wii's than you think. Brawl is badass dont get me wrong, but theres nothing with reminising on the older game.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
mdm, they don't argue with logic...you really shouldn't bother as your not going to be changing anyones mind.

Not to mentions melee/brawl tournaments almost never work out very well. It's better to just hold the events seperatly. I hate having to switch between the games because it makes me play worse in both.

heytallman

CTALL
Guys, I'm playing majora's mask. Forget PnT.. this game is too good!! =]
and im playing MM also jerm...that game is to good.
Majora's Mask was good up until right before you get to the water temple. Then it gets tedious and boring for the rest of the game. That is probably my least favorite Zelda game.

no one cares >_>

papa lesbian does what he wants and his word is law, you'll learn this one day.
Wow, is it possible to ride Allan's **** any more than you are right now?

Conker315

Smash Lord
Majora's Mask was good up until right before you get to the water temple. Then it gets tedious and boring for the rest of the game. That is probably my least favorite Zelda game.
Stone tower temple was boring???It's hella fun.
By far the first time I tried to pass that temple it was rather confusing, but then again I was a child.In my opinion the whole thing is fun and never got boring :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Tallman has bad opinions on Zelda games :).

Trela

Smash Lord
PnT was pretty fun today. I didnt expect Razer to come WTF!?

I dont think TL is my worst match up anymore. Right now, it's either poptop Wario or Zori Olimar D:

And lol, I forgot to do MM Snake Dittos with ya RT...

=Trela=

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
So I exposed Razer on every match of the grand finals first set. My IC is getting there I hope

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Flip's ICs is pretty good. Too bad Nana makes the job easy. Nana AI is pro.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
You switching to my character. Beware.

OH we got hype in the building...
Taken from AIM

"Ozz (10:14:51 PM): il take u
Ozz (10:14:56 PM): out
Ozz (10:14:59 PM): you jerm royr"

Xyro77

Forcing a game to be dead by militiously ostrisizing the people who play it is not the way this should happen. Melee is an excellent game. I'm not saying that we should attempt to reestablish melee to its former glory, but it most certainly deserves to be played. Simply because theres a new game DOES NOT mean that we should just shut out the old one. It would be one thing to try and headline melee tournaments, but honestly, if SF4 is gonna be at a smash tournament, then i think that other smash games should be there. Just because people picked up brawl doesnt mean they would not enjoy playing melee after doing a full fledged brawl tournament. It's a fun game, and im sure there are a lot more people that pop melee into their wii's than you think. Brawl is badass dont get me wrong, but theres nothing with reminising on the older game.
by allowing melee to thrive it will create and keep the houston scene divided. If its left like it is now, the few poor souls who cling to the sinking ship that is melee will stay few and far between. My scheme is grand, thought out and WORKS. Because when it comes down to it, people will choose to move on to brawl instead of choosing alienation.....

Accept it or dont. You pick.

no one cares >_>

papa lesbian does what he wants and his word is law, you'll learn this one day.
Ah yes, and once you people realize that i KNOW what im doing then things will go much more smooth. However, there will ALWAYS be a few thorns in my side.

Sad, cuz you can't handle the falco, you pick up the TRASHY ics. ill still **** u though
lol u wont beat flips ICs if you cant even beat escas.

Xyro77

So that's why Xyro chooses to not allow Melee...

Although I like Melee, it sounds smart to me.

(Oh yeah, no one probably cares, but I've found my next "Sheik")
there are many reasons why but that is my main one.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
uh i played esca's ICs like 6 or 7 months ago. it means nothing now.

Reflex just sent Lee Martin into losers at LAST3, he went ALL PT against lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom