• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gea

Smash Master
His name has always been Zinogre. Jinouga was a phonetic translation of how Japanese people say Zinogre. This game returns to the original name. Strange, huh?

If mobility is an issue, then why are you sticking with lance? And from what I understand, a completely un-upgraded one, at that?
Let's be clear. Mobility with a lance is only an issue when playing with players that are spread out and you actually WANT to be by the monster. It has some of the best up close mobility options. Plus it sounds like Trela is doing fine with the same weapon.

It was fun playing with you guys.

The Great Wroggi bros>P4
How many of those did you miss carving because we killed them so quickly? Haaaa

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I'm not crying.
No one has the lance I have.
EVERYONE is going through what I am. I literally see it every time I play with you guys.
The only difference is that u guys tolerate **** slow games.

Xyro77

Oh no I know what I'm talking about. I've either experienced it personally or see it every time I'm online with competent players (p4/zano/leaf....ect). So what I'm saying is true. It's just you guys accept **** and I have a hard time accepting it.

Gea

Smash Master
You know if you want to blame your equipment, you could always try out the arena. And I think this sums up pretty well why we like the series. No one thinks MH is perfect, but people like it because of the pace of the game. It's cerebral, it isn't a button-masher. There's not too much that would be gained from making the whole game faster except it would be even more difficult.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Oh no I know what I'm talking about. I've either experienced it personally or see it every time I'm online with competent players (p4/zano/leaf....ect). So what I'm saying is true. It's just you guys accept **** and I have a hard time accepting it.
No, you really don't know what you're talking about. I'm watching Trela lance and he's not having the troubles you are. You can't even get past the Great Jaggi without issues, your point is invalid. I'm not having any issues, I'm pretty sure Zano who is already G rank isn't having issues, hell even RT who's just as new to this game as you are isn't having the issues you are, clearly the problem is with you, not the game. Accept that you suck and don't know what you're talking about, instead of making yourself look like an ass. I mean I'd actually help you if you weren't being so ridiculous.

And trust me on this, I was having a lot of the same issues you were when I first started Tri, but Keith helped me get through the tutorial crap and I slowly got better and now I'm a god.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Trela got a Rathalos Ruby on his first carve.

Wat.

Xyro77

When I watch leaf run up to a monster and shield but still get knocked down.....it's means what I said was correct.

When I see Trela hit a monster once and before he can get another hit off he get knocked down due to no hit stun......it means what I said was correct.

So yeah, I know what I'm talking about.

Gea

Smash Master
And what if I showed you that I can sit up against a monster the entire fight and never get hit away after 1-2 hits? And there IS hitstun, but unlike games that let you stunlock enemies, this game requires you do a certain threshold of damage to cause a flinch. Experienced players can make risks based on knowing when these flinches occur.

Xyro77

And what if I showed you that I can sit up against a monster the entire fight and never get hit away after 1-2 hits? And there IS hitstun, but unlike games that let you stunlock enemies, this game requires you do a certain threshold of damage to cause a flinch. Experienced players can make risks based on knowing when these flinches occur.

Lets take that green tweety bird for instance. How much damage must you do in one hit to cause hitstun?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
When I watch leaf run up to a monster and shield but still get knocked down.....it's means what I said was correct.

When I see Trela hit a monster once and before he can get another hit off he get knocked down due to no hit stun......it means what I said was correct.

So yeah, I know what I'm talking about.
I don't know about Leaf but Trela just started playing he's not on mine or Gea's level yet, and doesn't Leaf use Hunting Horn? That doesn't have a shield. Yeah so you still don't know what you're talking about.

FYI not all attacks can be blocked, same way you can get shield poked in Brawl, but hey guess what, you have a roll/side step. You're playing with **** armor and a **** weapon, once you get some armor skills like guard +1 or +2 and guard up then come tell me you can't block everything.

Plz continue making yourself look dumb and not know what you're talking about.

Gea

Smash Master
Not true, it IS possible but it's based on the monster. A greatsword user can make Jaggi flinch just about every hit if you really wanted to. Jho though it would probably be impossible in one hit. Me giving you damage numbers would be irrelevant because you have no frame of reference for what those numbers represent, and how one would obtain them. Even with the crappiest of lances, you can make the great jaggi flinch within 6 upwards pokes to his face from the start of the fight. Knowing that after a few hits in his face if he hasn't flinched yet and he's getting ready to bite me, I can probably take the risk of poking his face again to get the flinch. If I'm not sure I can sidestep him to continue to poke him, or counter his bite. I could shield it if I really didn't feel good about what was coming, though I would have to stop poking way in advance. I could also shield rush through his bite. But your immediate option when poking him would be sidestep, backhop (which you can chain 3 of) and counter. All of which let me immediately keep attacking while keeping me safe.

Damage you do is based on a lot of factors. Obviously the attack you are doing, which weapon you are using, which type of damage you are inflicting (cutting/blunt), affinity, elements, and what part of the monster you are attacking. Different parts on a monster have different flinch treshholds and affect how the monster reacts in different ways. Most monster tails, for instance, require a flinch once with a cutting weapon before you can cut the tail off (where the second flinch would be).

Xyro77

Leaf has used other weapons before, p4. He hasn't been 100% bagpipe since day one. You literally just said there are unblockables WHICH PROVED 2 Of MY POINT.

1. You can shield and still get hit.
2. You defend a **** game

So as I said, I know what I'm talking about AND you backed me up too.

Xyro77

So Gea, you must land consecutive hits consisting of XYZ damage to make them flinch? Even with a great sword u couldn't do it in one hit?

Gea

Smash Master
There aren't any unblockables in the game with guard up. Giant laser beams? Block it. 5 ton monster rolling his ass ontop of you? Block it. Bad breath? Block it. Roars? Block it. Monster the size of a very large building gonna slam into you? Block it. Some still make you slide back or take chip, but as long as your back doesn't get hit or you run out of stamina you can block it. Tremor attacks still give you the jelly leg, but those make sense.

It depends on the monster in question and the weapon. Jho is an end game enemy. Why would you want to make one of your most terrifying monsters be able to be stunlocked? Why would he be?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Leaf has used other weapons before, p4. He hasn't been 100% bagpipe since day one. You literally just said there are unblockables WHICH PROVED 2 Of MY POINT.

1. You can still shield and get hit.
2. You defend a **** game

So as I said, I know what I'm talking about AND you backed me up too.
I've only seen him use bag pipe and there's only 4 weapons in the game with a shield, Lance, Gun Lance, Sword and Shield, and Great Sword. Lances/Gun Lance have the best shields. There are a no unblockables in the game. here's the thing, you, Leaf, and Trela have yet to fight a monster with unblockables so you being bad has proved my point and you did it for me, thank buddy.

1. You're not shielding right, or you're just out of stamina, in which you can't block but that's like having holding your shield in Brawl for 10 seconds straight and wondering why you got hit.
2. I'm not defending this game as much as I'm calling you on being a bad player and blaming the game for your woes.

FACE IT! YOU'RE A NEW GEN AND YOU SUCK!!!!!

Edit: disregard what I said about unblockables, I forgot guard up lets you block every attack in the game like Gea said. But either way you still don't need it at this point in the game, you can literally block everything as long as you have stamina.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Allan, try playing with a hammer, which is slow and has no shield.

You have to get in the monster's face to be useful.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
But...but...golfswing :(

But in all seriousness, go play story mode, Allan.

Stuff you learn in story helps you for the rest of the game.

Xyro77

Speaking of **** games, anybody wanna help me kill green tweety? I think it's the playing with fire quest.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Today I went to a yugioh tourny and played melee also since they happened to have Melee there. ... it was... weird playing Melee in a city that has never heard of competitive smash. It felt like I traveled back in time to when Melee first came out.

Xyro77

I'm trying to make the green tweety armor set and there are two pieces for everything. For example, head gear there is a helm and a cap. One has double the defense of the other but it also gives me mega weakness to elements.

So what is better? Def or resistance?

Gea

Smash Master
One is the blademaster set, one is the gunner set. It says that right on the page. Unless you are using a gunner weapon, you may wanna get the blademaster set. You can even tell the menu to only show one kind or the other.

Xyro77

Too late

Went for defense.

I am now MEGA upgraded. I have a green tweety armor set and a ACRUS lance.

WHO WANT ME TO CARRY THEM IN THIS **** GAME?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom