• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I hate new gens with their avatars. I remember when there were no avatar.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
@ ALLAN before nintendo announced Black and White they said after the next game (B/W) things were going to change drastically.

@ RT they dominate in different markets i doubt they would take a risk in an audience that is selective like mmoplayers esp one that has people playing games loyally for 8 years now like wow.

@ BOTH they make the same ****ty game every few months and make a trillion dollars off of it so they dont really need to change, its like this eternal game that every child gets their own version of

also i didnt read the convo, also idc that much just saying random things

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
They said blk and whT would change things......and it didn't. Still felt like they were out of ideas/names so they made up Pokemon that had horrible names and contradicting types.

All I can say is, whether its a mmo or an FPS. If it has the name Pokemon on it, it will sell lots.

Edit: it's funny to think that some people's first pkmn game growing up is blk/whT. Lol how sad.

:phone:

CY

Smash Ace
CY, a pkmn mmorpg done right would be the be-all-end-all mmo. There are unlimited things they could do. The only thing holding it back would be the console cause in 5-6 years a new console would appear.

a Pokemon MMO wouldn't work though. I just can't see how they can make it work like a traditional MMO.

and you know they would try and make it like a traditional MMO, aka it would copy many elements from WoW and it wouldn't work. it would be popular when it comes out like I said then people will abandon it, like majority of recent MMO's. people don't understand the dominance WoW has on the market and the influences it has on every MMO nowadays.

Smoom77

Smash Master
calling you a poophead is keekekkekekeke

btw do you want your christmas present or what should i do with it

CY

Smash Ace
@ RT they dominate in different markets i doubt they would take a risk in an audience that is selective like mmoplayers esp one that has people playing games loyally for 8 years now like wow.
just read this. you hit it right on the head. the Pokemon market is a completely different market than the MMO market.

Pokemon needs to stick to catering to 5 year olds.

Xyro77

CY, u do know WoW had very little original content right? It copied MUCH from other MMOs.

CY

Smash Ace
CY, u do know WoW had very little original content right? It copied MUCH from other MMOs.

yes and no. WoW did copy some things from EQ for example and previous MMO's. but it also introduced new things to MMO's. one of the biggest things WoW did was make it accessible to a large crowd, and countless other things that I don't really feel like getting into it because it makes me seem like I'm defending WoW when it sucks now. but they did do many things right and it's not by luck that they dominate the MMO market now.

Nintendo has a niche market, a large scale MMO wouldn't work on their consoles alone, they would have to expand it to PC or something a long those lines. and as a former MMO player I don't see how Pokemon would turn their game into an MMO. the only thing I can imagine is ****ty gameplay that only Nintendo fanboys(aka 5 year olds) would play.

Nintendo sucks is basically what it comes down to.

Xyro77

Welp, u seriously don't know anything about nintendos market if u think it's niche. LMAO.

CY

Smash Ace
Welp, u seriously don't know anything about nintendos market if u think it's niche. LMAO.

I wouldn't expect anything else from a biased Nintendo fanboy. 99% of their products are catered to little kids. The last thing I got from Nintendo was the Wii and Brawl, I bought nothing else because everything else was bad. Before that the last product I got from them was the Gameboy Color or N64, whichever I got first I can't remember.

TIME TO GROW UP and get real games and not kiddie games.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I only play mature games for mature gamers myself. That's why I need at least 10 FPS games that all have the same things, because if it ain't FPS, it ain't real.

And some DLC for skins, because the mature gamers are dumb smart enough to buy it.

CY

Smash Ace
I only play mature games for mature gamers myself. That's why I need at least 10 FPS games that all have the same things, because if it ain't FPS, it ain't real.

And some DLC, because the mature gamers are dumb smart enough to buy it.
I'm glad that doesn't describe me, because I would never buy DLC for ****ty MW3. I shouldn't just talk bad about Nintendo either, because gaming in general sucks nowadays and DLC is a ******** concept.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Gaming has always been on the decline since they industry started focusing on casuals and the flood of FPS games.

CY

Smash Ace
Gaming has always been on the decline since they industry started focusing on casuals and the flood of FPS games.
Yes I agree and CoD opened the floodgates. CoD has completely diluted the industry and ever since CoD4 there hasn't been a decent CoD. not to mention every FPS out there tries to be CoD and it turns out to be a WORSE version of CoD. MW3 was fun for me for about 3 weeks and I haven't touched it since. Gears of War 3 is probably the only shooter I've played for more than a couple weeks since Halo 3. R.I.P. shooters.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yet the wii has sold over 90million.

Yep, because of the casual crowd. Quantitiy=/=quality.

But also accessibility. Technology is cheaper, income is slightly higher.

Today's generation of gamers are brought up thinking FPS games are the standard. They see a platformer or RPG, they'll think "OMG, so boring, where r teh gunz n explosionz and blood?!??!?!?!?!?!!" or "OMG, this Mario game is soooooooooooo hard, why can't he use a gun?!!!!!!?!11!!!?"

Or god forbid, a puzzle game that requires thinking.

It's stupid.

Xyro77

I'm not so sure it's FPS floods fault that the industry is sucking. IMO it's the fact games are becoming more and more hollywoodized. Graphics/explosions/cinnematics are what's expected now. Anything else is looked down on. It's that mentality that gets us CoD every year. Luckily, FPSs will become what guitar hero became. Stale.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm not so sure it's FPS floods fault that the industry is sucking. IMO it's the fact games are becoming more and more hollywoodized. Graphics/explosions/cinnematics are what's expected now. Anything else is looked down on. It's that mentality that gets us CoD every year. Luckily, FPSs will become what guitar hero became. Stale.

Don't expect it to happen for a while. They are already making a Black Ops 2...and you can sure as bet they're working on MW4 or whatever it will be called. As long as Activision makes money, it will never die.

Xyro77

Guitar hero was on 4 or 5(7 or 8 if u count side GH games) when they stopped making money. I think COD will do the same. People will only buy the same game every year for so long before they realize it's ********.

CY

Smash Ace

CoD is to the FPS industry as to what WoW is to the MMO industry. both are dominating and will continue to dominate because of the casual aspects of the two games and the non existent learning curves. god forbid a game takes skill or takes a while to adjust to. everyone wants to hop on a game right away and do good, and the industry wilted for money.

and you would think CoD would be slowing down, but with each new release they get MORE sales. so sadly it's going to be around for awhile.

Xyro77

WOW is also on the decline. It's taken longer for WOW because MMOs don't pop up every year.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Results of NitF! are 33% up.
Will add more soon.

By the way, was super pissed that Razer complained about the entry fee for singles and then didn't come, but then realized that Razer wouldn't be there to squash my hopes and dreams by ravaging my little space cowboy. :awesome:
Good. DEAL WITH IT. Dojo and Denti also wanted it so get out.

I didn't show. You're welcome.

Gea

Smash Master
Wow this discussion has so many wrong facts. I actually have to say CY is schooling you guys. Come on, Dave. You should know better.

Xyro77

I just saw a 70 yr old woman fight this Hic guy over a gameboy color just now. He tried to claim the gameboy(that was left on a table) was his and the old lady(she came back in to get it cause her grandson left it there) started dropping F bombs and threatening to hit him with her purse.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
OPINIONS ASIDE FOR THE FOLLOWING.

LETS SPEAK FACTS.

Edit: it's funny to think that some people's first pkmn game growing up is blk/whT. Lol how sad.
Diamond and Pearl are fundamentally the BEST games in the entire series. better than R/G/B/Y

please come at me anyone who wants to argue this and ill explain why you are wrong, nostalgia ****.

(p.s. G/S is possibly the worst game in the entire series, you get 16 badges gj,get over it anyone who thinks that game is a better game)

Xyro77

BEST is an opinion, kalo. I'm not talking competitive, I'm talkin just playing thru the game like a normal person. For me, red/silver are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom