• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Tried some online, I got randomly disconnected, lost 20 points because there were seven people, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Online does work, but some players were lagging.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Creating a test community and running it with Razer...if anyone wants to join real quick, 06-2749-4742-0521.

EDIT: Test over, it works great.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
smoom JUST got SML3d and he doesnt play games/buys games on sunday. so thats an auto no

Smoom77

Smash Master
i'm half way done with mario 3d. and yeah, i don't do video games on sunday.

no have enough money anyways.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I finally stop checking this thread and then Pwii gets himself banned :/

Xyro77

I just played Allan for like 45 mins on MK7....LMAO. I destroyed him with pure skill. Easy noob.
I would get mad but this is MK so i expect dumb stuff to happen all the time. The typical "rubber band" system messes up everything lol.

We did learn though that while razer is good 1vs1 he sucks when its more than just us.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
And here comes the johns about it being "luck" a "bad game" or "you abuse X".

Xyro77

And here comes the johns about it being "luck" a "bad game" or "you abuse X".
There are no johns in MK. Literally anything can happen at anytime. U can be dead last and get a "lucky 7" or "golden mushroom" and **** up to first. You can slip on a banana, get zapped by lightning then finally get nailed by a blue shell and 6 racers have passed you up. Its how MK is. Been like that since DS/gcn/wii version.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would get mad but this is MK so i expect dumb stuff to happen all the time. The typical "rubber band" system messes up everything lol.

We did learn though that while razer is good 1vs1 he sucks when its more than just us.
Sorry I got disconnected, my internet is acting up right now. <_<

Also, if you're going to use the term rubberband, at least know what you're talking about. Rubberbanding refers to how random AI characters (usually two) are "chosen" to be your rivals during a cup and get increased speed when behind you and gradually decrease speed when ahead of you. Hence, they rubberband around your position. Rubberbanding does not describe the item system nor does it describe human players. If you really want to rage, then at least say items are broken, like a normal person. Here's a nice little article for those that are extremely bored.

They did try to balance the items a little bit this time around. Blue shell no longer knocks items out of you, unless you are holding it behind you. You're also given Mushroom, Tanooki Tail, and Red Shell to counter items thrown at you when in 1st place. Of course, some of the item distribution is still very questionable (getting Lucky 7 while in 4th), but for the most part, it's still about as balanced as it can be. In a perfect MK, you would be allowed to exclude certain items, but you can't, so you just have to...

wait for it...

DEAL WITH IT.

And it's obvious MK has an inherent bit of luck built into it. You just have to minimize the amount of bad luck you receive by playing smart.

Tesh

Smash Hero
^ No items, fox only, RAINBOW ROAD.

All these MK games and you still can't turn items off, makes me wonder why they even put the option in smash.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Actually, you can. But then it just becomes a typical racing game with powersliding/miniturbos. It would be extremely boring for the most part, because it's basically multiplayer time trial. Half the fun/frustration from MK is seeing how badly you destroy someone or get destroyed. And honestly, if you want a racing game with no items, there are FAR BETTER racing games out there...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The only level I would question is Waluigi Pinball, only because he isn't in the game. I believe it hints that he was originally planned but time ran out, or just a massive troll by Nintendo.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
150cc will be harder. The AI is very unforgiving and getting all first and 40 coins does not equal three stars. You have to abuse shortcuts if possible and just hope you don't get item *****. And if you fall of the stage at any point, you might as well restart the cup. Trust me.

Xyro77

150cc will be harder. The AI is very unforgiving and getting all first and 40 coins does not equal three stars. You have to abuse shortcuts if possible and just hope you don't get item *****. And if you fall of the stage at any point, you might as well restart the cup. Trust me.
yea i found the formula to get 3 stars in any cup.

1. Get first in all races
2. Do not fall in lava/hole or off stage even ONCE.
3. Do not hit walls or barriers more than 2 times.
4. Stay in first 90% of the match
5. Get 40 coints.

ive played mario kart for 7hours 48min today. i have to stop.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Unfortunately, the AI will use thunderbolts/blue shells/red shells when you're hovering over a pit quite often, so prepare to rage a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom