• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
there will not be free food i'm afraid
what's free is the smash lol
and entry into the venue of course.
if you want cheap food there's a kroger next door lol

XYRO! I will let you know when and if i can find yall a place to smash

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Ah, i've been waiting for this. i'm gonna try this out right now.

I've been messing around with the other codes and they are fun as hell.

Maybe i will label my wii "no trip" at the next PZ, and start charging people to play on it.
WTF h4x!

But no tripping, isn't a HUGE *** deal. Just suck it up.

And plus it's not the way the game was intended to be played.

-_-

KRDsonic

Smash Master
*sigh* all I get practice against in brawl is either my neighbor (So that's only practice fighting G&W offline) and random people on wifi, and most of the people I've been fighting don't give me enough challenge :/ except a few. Hopefully I'll get to brawl some other people before the next PZ tourny...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You peoples need better reading comprehension...the smashfest is TOMORROW. Today is only because Xyro wants to play smash because he's bored. Go to smashfest TOMORROW.

Well... free Friday? I no worky and would wanna play.

That goes for you too, David.
Sure, I have work until 7. We can get some practice. Keith and I will need it for Saturday.

Also, the no tripping code...seriously, it won't affect the gameplay that much. You trip two, maybe three times a match? Unless you're extremely unlucky with tripping, then yeah, this won't make a difference. Yeah, tripping is annoying as hell but it rarely leads to your death and it has actually saved me in some matches. People are still trying to make Brawl into Melee 2.0 and just can't seem it accept it as is and that's really sad. Just go play Melee already, no one is stopping you. :ohwell:

Doxa

Smash Rookie
there will not be free food i'm afraid
what's free is the smash lol
and entry into the venue of course.
if you want cheap food there's a kroger next door lol

XYRO! I will let you know when and if i can find yall a place to smash
awesome, I'll just get like a half gallon of ice cream and slowly eat it, once it liquefies i'll drink it

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
the smashfest is still tomorrow lol
TGM was jus bored off his ***.

seriously though i want everyone going to buy a drink
because they're good
not to mention they've agreed to start letting Xyro hold tournaments there.

the place is going to do a lot for houston smash in the long run
PLEASE SUPPORT THEIR BUSINESS!

thank you
tomorrow at 6 guys

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
ok, hear me out before i get bashed... how about we fart around in stage builder and try to make a set of "counterpick" stages that don't have walls or lava or cars or anything else that can hinder with play?

Also, we could make them semi-small, a counter to "stalling" which in itself is a very gray area... too many gray areas...

idk ive just been thinking of allot of the messed up stuff in this game... and been looking around SRK to gaze at the ignorance in smash. It gets you bummed out and ready to do something about it =\

I guess im starting to see some of the great things about melee... like how there was a HUGE gap between the skill of players and how camping was balanced out and counterable.There weren't 0-death grabs or incredibly repeatative CGs that work on over half the cast(at least to my knowledge.) IDK i think i just need to sleep off this mood.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Well, I am starting to like Norfair. Bthrow>Lava Wall>Thunder is pure awesomeness. When the safe zone goes up, I jump in there and dsmash like a maniac.

These weird *** stages are starting to grow on me. :)

Popertop

Smash Champion
Well, I am starting to like Norfair. Bthrow>Lava Wall>Thunder is pure awesomeness. When the safe zone goes up, I jump in there and dsmash like a maniac.

These weird *** stages are starting to grow on me. :)
Yes Bear!
You've come over to the dark side!
Lava combos are your friend.
OMG.
Bear.
Lava.
+Pikachu.
+Wario.
=Ultrarape.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ok, hear me out before i get bashed... how about we fart around in stage builder and try to make a set of "counterpick" stages that don't have walls or lava or cars or anything else that can hinder with play?

Also, we could make them semi-small, a counter to "stalling" which in itself is a very gray area... too many gray areas...

idk ive just been thinking of allot of the messed up stuff in this game... and been looking around SRK to gaze at the ignorance in smash. It gets you bummed out and ready to do something about it =\

I guess im starting to see some of the great things about melee... like how there was a HUGE gap between the skill of players and how camping was balanced out and counterable.There weren't 0-death grabs or incredibly repeatative CGs that work on over half the cast(at least to my knowledge.) IDK i think i just need to sleep off this mood.
Actually, 0-death combos were very common in melee. And they were ****ing awesome. Also, CGing was a huge part of play. Marths CGs on FF'ers, shieks CGs, ICs, Foxs uthrow..

Melee is amazing.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
hmm... I don't supposed anyone on right now would want to brawl on wifi would they? *Likes battling people from this thread since everyone here has a good connection, and I've been getting annoyed with so many people having lag lately*

Pipes

Smash Rookie
aye, Drinkstop is a nice, cool place. Everyone who can should come tommorow, we we're talking about a (possible) tourney. either way, if possible, bring chairs or your going to have to get used to sitting on a solid uncomfortable floor.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
im going cuz i finally found out where the place was....someone was telling me wrong directions. lol
shut up :( lol the directions are right i just don't do directions like most people

aye, Drinkstop is a nice, cool place. Everyone who can should come tommorow, we we're talking about a (possible) tourney. either way, if possible, bring chairs or your going to have to get used to sitting on a solid uncomfortable floor.
adrian (the owner) is bring more chairs for us tomorrow
but if u just wanna make dam sure bring a chair haha

NEED MORE SETUPS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom