• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The usual minus Trela and Illmatic. Surprise visit by Dao...says he wants to get back into it. Another surprise visit from Fogo since he goes to school in Nacodoches.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
xyro you went to zigsta and only took yourself and ozz? lol
Yep. I like to sneak out from time to time. It's nice to not see the same old results that we always see at tourneys. Plus, me and Ozz had a really good one on one covo. He's a good guy.

Xyro77

Yeah i dig.

edit: BUT allan ...espy and kprime both took up 1st and 2nd like always 3rd is always a toss up L.

WILL RESULTS EVER CHANGE??????????
I'm talking about the razor Gnes bullcorn we deal with every day.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Corn and brownies!

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
#)
Like i planned as always, WHOBO is my last tournament (college coming up, 3 years of bland boring brawl, MLG dropped brawl).

and a good chunk of me and allans 1on1 was how 2008 was the best brawl year and now all that hype is gone thanks to you new kids. and the repetitive results, do you guys realize Gnes and Razer have been fkin winning hobos straight for 2 YEARS NOW, please step it up, the only ones who seem to really try are trela jerm illmatic and me. and don't even john about having to deal with campiness or gayness or tiers or whatever because

San whooped Gnes *** (Ike)

X whooped Dojos ***

Poltergust whooped Dojos ***

San slays Razer

BigLou beat trela

Co18 beat jerm

Cable a DONKEY KONG beat Trela and Will beat Jerm in a MM

step it up guys if people who have never played Texas before using **** characters can beat our top players (or winning matchups their characters don't have advantage), then we can do it, please, im just sick of repetitive *** results, Gnes Razer Trela Jerm x 300000 lolol. Like for instance Smoom almost beating Havok like man if only he used all his super chaingrab power that he had in that match and used it at a regular event like HOBO and beat gnes/razer with it then the results may have been different, idk maybe people just dont try their best at hobos and wait for the bigger ones?

No johns.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
then step it up (to everyone). and san doesnt whoop me on the "regular".

btw allan i have no problem with you guys sneaking off to tourneys like this but i do have a problem whenever you deliberately set up a fest and try to trick everyone into going just so you can go by yourselves. none of us were probably gonna go anyways. its the same as lying.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Ok whatever I was just trying to make a point that it doesnt take another player who uses metaknight/snake/diddy or someone who plays really gay to beat you. People just need the right drive/motivation

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
See, it's a great post, but then I saw the words "new kids". Got kinda irritated, calmed down, then saw "people not trying" and thought about the only thing that has stopped me from going to OOC/tournament/even 6 person FESTS was trying to fight the big, heartless corporation Wal-Mart.

From an hour away in the first place.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
People just seemed to have more excitement/hype/drive and motivation in 2008. It's not really anyones fault but i'm just asking to change up the results more. How exciting would it be if we had a different top 3 every hobo or that the "reign" of a player was MUCH shorter and didn't just go back and forth between 2 players like gnes and razer. That's how melee/early brawl was.

Xyro77

then step it up (to everyone). and san doesnt whoop me on the "regular".

btw allan i have no problem with you guys sneaking off to tourneys like this but i do have a problem whenever you deliberately set up a fest and try to trick everyone into going just so you can go by yourselves. none of us were probably gonna go anyways. its the same as lying.
its clear u mad

Smoom77

Smash Master
All I want to say is that how nobody notices you take espy to last game last hit, I'm sure everyone gets to do that. Nobody notices I went last stock last hit against Trela at monsters, or took a game off Razer at one of Sync's tourneys (even though you'll say its just a $5 tourney so it doesn't matter), or whatever. Im not gonna make johns about why I don't want to spent every last min practicing my CGs, but don't say we ruin the scene.

Xyro77

Lol when will u people understand that im Gonna do what I want(within reason) and u can deal with it. I didn't trick nobody nor set up a fest. Don't
Say I'm lying either cause I didn't. If I
Actually did lie........ Deal with like I gotta deal with your up tilt.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
All I want to say is that how nobody notices you take espy to last game last hit, I'm sure everyone gets to do that. Nobody notices I went last stock last hit against Trela at monsters, or took a game off Razer at one of Sync's tourneys (even though you'll say its just a $5 tourney so it doesn't matter), or whatever. Im not gonna make johns about why I don't want to spent every last min practicing my CGs, but don't say we ruin the scene.
Your right. It happens to everyone. I just said that out of frustration, sorry. But if people were really gonna make a big deal of how Xyro brought me and houston stil didn't do well then I feel I need to bring that point up.

You guys dont ruin the scene, but its just not what its used to be and you guys really need to learn how to accept critisicm and not take everything as a personal attack and actually understand what my advice was

Sync.

Smash Champion
Yeah Ozz I agree with your post but holy **** don't talk about drive with me. I work my *** off the get up there even when I'm told it's impossible. I have never given up and I never will. I'm obsessed with getting better and you guys better remember it. My MK will just get gayer and gayer with everytime you play me until it can't get any gayer. I don't give a **** about tiers and that bull****.

I know I didn't ruin the scene I gave so much even though I joined 2010. I just don't like the idea of early brawl players and melee players looking down on new players. We love the game too and really try or at least I do.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I wish I was in the scene in '08. :(

Thanks for coming to ZBB, Xyro and Ozz.

Sync.

Smash Champion
And Allan you did tell me to have a fest. Please don't do that. You can do what you want but don't trick us like that. None of us would have probably came anyway. It's pretty rude.

Xyro77

It's called SYNCs fest cause SYNC made the CHOICE to hold one.

Case closed.

Deal with it.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
No because everything PJ says has been proven right every time all the time and I love when I take a top player like Espy to last game last hit but no one knows about it and then everyone still speculates random bull**** Oh but I got ***** by Poltergust so it doesn't even matter. Btw PJ what results would you change, you can't even beat my pocket metaknight and i'm honestly sick of your posts online on these forums, if your gonna troll online you should at least be a **** offline too not just some reserved little kid in the corner who never says anyone to anything, like back up your **** yo. and yeah im taking out my salt on you. L AFK. FGT

and a good chunk of me and allans 1on1 was how 2008 was the best brawl year and now all that hype is gone thanks to you new kids. and the repetitive results, do you guys realize Gnes and Razer have been fkin winning hobos straight for 2 YEARS NOW, please step it up, the only ones who seem to really try are trela jerm illmatic and me. and don't even john about having to deal with campiness or gayness or tiers or whatever because

San whooped Gnes *** (Ike)

X whooped Dojos ***

Poltergust whooped Dojos ***

San whips Razers *** on the regular

Cable a DONKEY KONG beat Trela and Will beat Jerm in a MM

step it up guys if people using **** characters can beat our top players, then we can do it, please, im just sick of repetitive *** results, Gnes Razer Trela Jerm x 300000 lolol

No johns.

Who the **** stuck a stick up your ***? The whole point of those post i just made were about the same people winning the same ****. I CLEARLY AGREE WITH YOU . Both of my post said results need to change both of em. Me mentioning smoom and them was me meaning he should have brung some more people with him because more people=higher chance of results not being the same, plus they were the only other people on the top ten list on the front page besides (jon idk where he is or what he does so i didn't name him) who i thought could change the results. i have no clue on how you got trolling out of many saying results should change. I try as hard as i can to beat people but playing offline like once a month while everyone else is at fest and **** doesn't really speed up my getting better now does it? (job johns) hell managing to beat zac even with only wifi training shows i wanna improve.

and as far as the douche ***** or w/e online but quiet kid offline isn't that you lol? Hell you even said it yourself in the whobo 3 thread,
Lol, I just mess with people online and have fun. that doesn't mean im an a-hole in real life, wtf
^^^
Only time im not talkative is when im sitting in a chair sleeping or im mad because of a loss. I have recorded a vid at nearly every hobo the only ones i didn't were the ones where i couldn't get ahold of a camera or tallman recorded hel i have some hobo vids i just didnt upload but i guess walking around recording the venue and asking players questions n **** doesn't count as talking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sgz0OlDqlo theres one of the videos from a hobo right there and you didn't even wanna be on camera.

**** backed up =]

edit: I have been told alot that the way i type comes off as trolling to people ...idk how but they gotta deal *shrugs*

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I know I didn't ruin the scene I gave so much even though I joined 2010. I just don't like the idea of early brawl players and melee players looking down on new players. We love the game too and really try or at least I do.
This, a lot.
I mean, I know I have NOT been ruining the scene with 3/4 spots in a car and a setup for EVERY tournament I've ever been to.

And I don't mean to john, but really. Driving 2 hours before a tournament in my own city after working until 1 AM the night before isn't going to help my placings, and being constantly called a new kid and having this "old days" bull **** shoved in my face isn't going to help my motivation.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh this thread...

Never change Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom