• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm 100% not going.

Xyro, if you want Ozz, you better pick him up.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Can anybody pick up ozz? it would take me an hour to get ozz and almost another hour to get to MA.

Also, if i read an article right, there is some huge 3DS news about to be unleashed at 6am New York time tomorrow. Rumors point to a metroid game or a smash bros game. Nothing is confirmed though.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Can anybody pick up ozz? it would take me an hour to get ozz and almost another hour to get to MA.

Also, if i read an article right, there is some huge 3DS news about to be unleashed at 6am New York time tomorrow. Rumors point to a metroid game or a smash bros game. Nothing is confirmed though.
!!!! A smash bros game would 100% decide if I'm gonna buy a 3DS. Especially if it had some good wireless.

Xyro77

opps it changed. its now at 9am ET. just about 30 more min. there is also one in europe going to happen today too. man i hope its good news.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
LIVESTREAM OF EUROPE EVENT

$250.

March 27 (two weeks after Whobo weekend).

Confirmed GB and GBC color games via virtual console style.

Only one Friend Code that is system based and not game based (huge improvement).

I'm sure there's more to come...

Xyro77

March 25th is euro release.
March 27th is usa release.

The system will come with a telescoping stylus and some digital software built in.

Nintendo plans to kick off a massive marketing campaign for the 3D portable, with 5,000 units touring the country for eight weeks.

Nintendo first showed off the 3DS at last year's E3 video gaming expo in Los Angeles. The device, about the size of Nintendo's popular DS gaming system, allows people to watch movies and play games in 3D without the need of glasses. In addition to the directional pad found on the DS, the two-screen 3DS will also have an analog circle button, something more akin to what home console users may be used to. A built-in motion sensor and gyro sensor can react to the motion and tilt of the system, so whether players are twisting their systems side to side or moving them up and down, their motion-compatible Nintendo 3DS games respond instantly. The system will be backwards compatible with the DS and include some built-in DSi software.

The device can also take 3D pictures and then display them on its screen, something becoming more relevant in a time when Sony is pushing 3D video and still cameras.

The device will come in either Aqua Blue or Cosmo Black, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime told a gathering of press this morning in New York.

Seen in person, the handheld's 3D screen almost approaches magic in the way it can trick the eyes into seeing 3D images that either hover in front of the screen or drop away inside the screen.

Games coming to the 3DS includes Pilotwings Resort, Nintendogs + Cats, submariner Steel Diver, Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Dead or Alive Dimensions, Madden, Super Street Fighter IV 3D, Asphalt 3D, Combat of Giants Dinosaurs 3D, Lego Star Wars III The Clone Wars, Ridge Racer 3D, Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D.

Nintendo says they hope to have more than 30 games hit the Nintendo 3DS by June.

The 3DS will also have some built-in software including a pedometer that will track your physical movement and log it. Mii Maker will allow gamers to create personal avatars that look a bit like the ones found in the Wii. Face Raiders, another built-in game, is a shooting gallery sort of title that puts your face into the game. The 3DS will also come with software for manipulating sound and browsing the Internet.

The system will also allow gamers to log into Nintendo's e-shop, which will include a "steady progression of Game Boy and Game Boy Color" hits along with new games. The store will also include demos and trailers for new games.

Xyro77

the 3ds is so f-ing amazing. its pretty much a wii+

3ds will have an internet browser
3ds will have apps/channels(some are free) that you can buy
3ds will have logs that record your gameplay
3ds will have some sort of achievement system that unlocks bonus content for games
3ds will have 30 games by june
3ds will have motion controls
3ds will have 64 spaces on Home Menu(wii had 45 right?) + w/e it takes to fill up your 2gig SD card.

Xyro77

no smash or metroid was shown but a Dead or Alive game was as well as SSF4 and several other games.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Glad I sold my DS lite

I got a coupons app on my mytouch. apparently all I have to do is show the cashier my phone.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I went to his concert here at some ghetto college in houston last year. Im not even exaggerating when i say that every person there was black except me and my friends and some of the staff members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom