• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
im going on the 26th if anyone wants to solve some st00f@sidefx- ill gladly take you up on brawl, GLADLY, 10$@jeremy- come to a tourney and beat me at this "elementary game"@cesar- 5$ MM in brawl?(and please forgive me for my lack of knowledge in melee matchups... -.-)and to anyone who is interested in ending these arguments early, theres a tourney july 11th in beaumont you could come to ^^
if you want to man , but instread of just money how about if I win you stfu in this board for abouth 2 weeks? :) ok? ok
So.. Houston's smash scene = non-existent while I'm here?
where you at?

onii-chan

Smash Ace
metagame take?i believe that is my word sir...

also take let it go...agruing with jermey is like agruing with a brick wall...its pointless and he won't budge...

jermey no offense dude but plz stfu...agruing will solve nothing i learned that a long time ago...action is what will...so if you got your exp. and enough pride in your skill you will come to a tourney and show everyone what you got...yeah i agree with you on the fact that anyone can pick up brawl and melee was much better game...when i play melee today for the first time in several months it blow my mind at how fast it was compared to brawl..

look at the facts dude...the guy that made smash64,melee,brawl...he seen what happen in smash64 and melee and decide he wanted to make a game anyone could win at and thats what happened...spamming and chaingrabbing are pretty much what makes this game

and to everyone else stop instagating...god it only makes it worst...

KRDsonic

Smash Master
sheik doesnt counter marth at all. were these matches live on online? cause marth is known garbage online.
both online and offline. And don't give me that "Marth is bad online" stuff, because I use both Ice Climbers and Peach, and they are two of the worst characters to use on wifi (Ice Climbers being the worst for wifi, due to them needing perfect timing). Compared to Ice Climbers at least, Marth is simple to use on wifi, there's not much worse about hit in lag except the tipper being harder to hit, and his counter.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
if you want to man , but instread of just money how about if I win you stfu in this board for abouth 2 weeks? :) ok? okwhere you at?
lol, if we are gonna make that deal, then i ban orphean in advance.

dont worry, not gonna make rob vs marth matchup johns, but orphean i kill ^^

@KRD, ok ok maybe those marths sucked or something, but no, sheik does not counter marth, if anything in brawl, marth counters sheik... bad.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Good games take, you proved to me that sheik doesn't counter marth, and that they're even. Sheik has a combo that only seems to work 100% of the time when it's against marth, and marth is a better character than sheik, so it evened out. I beat you most of the matches where I used sheik against your marth, and when you chose sheik and I chose marth I beat you badly :p

Also, "get a better connection" that lag you had was extremely annoying, I would try to sidestep and due to lag, it would only recognise the R part of it so it would leave me shielding while you ran up to grab me. In that one sheik ditto you won the lag was especially bad, luckily we did have that one sheik ditto where it didn't affect me so I 3 stocked you easily ;)

Oh yeah, if we play offline again, I'll use my Ice Climbers for a change :p

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Good games take, you proved to me that sheik doesn't counter marth, and that they're even. Sheik has a combo that only seems to work 100% of the time when it's against marth, and marth is a better character than sheik, so it evened out. I beat you most of the matches where I used sheik against your marth, and when you chose sheik and I chose marth I beat you badly :p

Also, "get a better connection" that lag you had was extremely annoying, I would try to sidestep and due to lag, it would only recognise the R part of it so it would leave me shielding while you ran up to grab me. In that one sheik ditto you won the lag was especially bad, luckily we did have that one sheik ditto where it didn't affect me so I 3 stocked you easily ;)

Oh yeah, if we play offline again, I'll use my Ice Climbers for a change :p
ya i wanna play offline

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
It is july 4th, PZ is 22 days away... I need a ride. Any takers???? I can make you a Moderater at JeremyFeifer.com

heytallman

CTALL
Freakin' A, not having internet for a week sucks ***! I'm waiting on UPS to deliver the new router/modem/connector thingy, and because its an important day for America, I now have to wait until Monday or so. Unless I wanna use the dial up connection I'm using now, which is freakin' slow.

Happy mother ****ing Independence Day, Houston.

dawn001

Smash Ace
This is my Final Argument and Ill stop talking...(not really, but here we go)

It is annoying to Melee players, especially the most technical of us to see a game like Brawl be boasted about so much. Just being able to L-Cancel and Wave Dash in Brawl makes you better than any Brawl so called "Pro". You people brag about a game that has no technical skill. The game is strictly mind games... It is like bragging about chess. Nobody Cares...

As for the me sucking in Melee, well lets go into that. I had the latest start, the latest. So I had to figure mindgames out later and always rely on my technical skills. This is why SideFX (^_^') could beat me with any character (at first) in melee. Now, I am willing to bet that I could atleast beat Sideeffect in Melee 3 out of 10 games. That is an accomplishment. Because the game takes skill and everyone cannot do it, unlike Brawl which is moving backwards, Melee continues to move forward.

My Point? When you give someone credit because they can three stock you due to an infinite or constant changrabbing, you lose not only my respect but a lot of others on these boards. Why not discover something in Brawl or accomplish something worth while? At least TGM plays samus... You want respect playing Snake, MetaKnight, and Falco? Get the F**K outta here. The game is too easy. Unlike in Melee were you could watch a combo video and be like "I cant do any of that.... mabey in 3 months", Brawl you can look then do, instantly. Hell I can infinite forward air with Falco which is insanely hard, but the S**T is pointless.

Overall point, stop bragging about a game that has been played the same way since the first day it came out. Want to brag about something why not brag about something that matters.

JV 4 stock someone in Brawl without using an infinite,,, thats respect.

The reason I deserve respect?... I wall teched 8 times in a row back to back in a match vs. Roy. I also have an insanely large *****.

Jake, Ronnie, Alan, James, Josh, Ceaser, Gabe, Alex, Tarzan and Dawn. I know yall feel me.
i feel you!!!!

jeremy , ronnie and ceaser we need to play melee on PZ!!!

*FALCO OWNS YOU*

KRDsonic

Smash Master
oh god how I hate fighting falco and fox in melee xD. Especially since I'm not good at melee. My neighbor and I played melee today and he tried using falco, who he never used to use, and was doing well with him. I couldn't beat him with Ice Climbers there, and I tried sheik who I'm extremely bad with in melee and lost of course lol, but I was able to beat him with my Zelda, Pichu, and Bowser. I guess I'm going to be stuck using low tiers in melee xD, since they're the only ones I seem to be any good with (Zelda is now my best character there).

kage921

Smash Journeyman
sheik doesnt counter marth at all. were these matches live on online? cause marth is known garbage online.

@ jeremy, really? really? lmao, brawl has been played the same since release? wow man, talk about closed minded. you havent followed the metagame AT ALL if you think that.

FOR THE LAST TIME, stop talking until you come to a tourney, ive called you out SO MANY times.

ill give you melee, gratz, but if you are truly so 'advanced' in mindgames and whatnot, then face me in brawl.

until then, since ive actually came to brawl tourneys, and placed, i am better than you at brawl.

just show up on the 26th or the 11th and prove me wrong, i encourage you.

*as a fun fact* i dont use MK, snake, D3, or Falco (in case you cant tell by the character icon and sig -.-)

@sidefx and cesar, im waiting your reply to brawl MM's

im sorry homeboy but im going to have to back up my boy cesar on this...... just because you play a character that requires no skill to be good doesn't make you beastly enough to be calling people out....... i havent played jeremy in brawl but im pretty sure hes decent..... and the reason i say this is because the experience from melee (such as mind games and actual experience ) can be used in brawl. im not trying to start anything, but if you want to make something of it. We can mm or, if you want to take it outside its all good........

ps. ceasar owns ( lol naw he's a scrub) **** shoe.....lol:laugh:

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
lol, if we are gonna make that deal, then i ban orphean in advance.

dont worry, not gonna make rob vs marth matchup johns, but orphean i kill ^^

@KRD, ok ok maybe those marths sucked or something, but no, sheik does not counter marth, if anything in brawl, marth counters sheik... bad.
hey Take I have to apologize for my behavior towards you man I take back what I said in this quote you don't have stfu for 2 weeks that's a little harsh so let forget about it and let's just have our selves a regular mm alright? :):bee:

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
hey Take I have to apologize for my behavior towards you man I take back what I said in this quote you don't have stfu for 2 weeks that's a little harsh so let forget about it and let's just have our selves a regular mm alright? :):bee:
sounds good.

a message to the melee 'vets'.

not stirring ****, but here are my thoughts as far as the community goes: it's getting rather annoying, this clique mentality you guys have. it's like, if you werent an all star in melee, you'll never be in the smash club and we will trash your opinion.

Im sorry that theres no application process to being good at brawl, but i am. And kage, ill gladly take ya up on a MM, but please dude, for the love of all things holy, dont start with calling people's characters cheap/easy. if you really want to point fingers, all characters are easy as **** to pick up, but getting good with them is different(yes, toon is one of them... arrow arrow, boomerang, bair bair bair utilt bair....etc...)

Dont think that i just picked up brawl one day and said "I R LIKE SMASH!" i started in melee in case you didnt notice, which im 99% sure you didnt. Cesar, you know i went to your house dude? Drove all the way from beaumont for "the last melee tourney," and i didnt even care that there was no tourney, i was loving the chance to actually play others who knew the tech and even those who ***** me---experience is what i wanted. And yes, i noticed the smash 'clique' that i wasnt a part of when you guys overlooked me and didnt talk to me, and when i tried to start conversation, you blew me off... bad.

Thats right guys! I played melee! I spent literally hours(4+) everyday afterschool practicing the techs, trying to apply them, and fighting the **** lvl 9 computers because they were all i had to fight against. I had the early stage of a tech game, but no mental game yet. Time was what i didnt have, time to catch up before the next game was released...

Then brawl came out and the playing field was leveled. Everyone started on the same level, so i didnt have to worry about catching up. It's funny, despite how ****ty you guys acted towards me, i couldn't wait till the first houston tourney i could go to so i could impress you, maybe get my card and join the smash club.

But of course, under that pressure, i choked at the first tourney, lost to a ****ing link player that i know i should have beaten. But i have a feeling that even if i won that tourney, beat stiltz, 'rex, and sethlon, that you guys would just make Brawl johns and disregard the results and me, because i havent been playing long enough to be good, in your opinion.

Once again, im sorry i wasnt turned on to competitive play until much later than you guys, but i've never backed down from a match, or moneymatch, even if i was completely outclassed. If you cant respect me for anything else, respect me for the fact that i dont start **** if i dont plan on backing up my words. *gestures to the whole argument in general*

So, in conclusion guys, this is what i've found... at the end of the day, after the last stock has dropped, this is just a game. Being pro at it doesnt change that fact. There is no excuse for treating people ****ty just because they werent as good as you in melee, or 64, or whatever! There's this new thing called encouragement i think we all need to try(im guilty as well.)

CY

Smash Ace
sounds good.

a message to the melee 'vets'.

not stirring ****, but here are my thoughts as far as the community goes: it's getting rather annoying, this clique mentality you guys have. it's like, if you werent an all star in melee, you'll never be in the smash club and we will trash your opinion.

Im sorry that theres no application process to being good at brawl, but i am. And kage, ill gladly take ya up on a MM, but please dude, for the love of all things holy, dont start with calling people's characters cheap/easy. if you really want to point fingers, all characters are easy as **** to pick up, but getting good with them is different(yes, toon is one of them... arrow arrow, boomerang, bair bair bair utilt bair....etc...)

Dont think that i just picked up brawl one day and said "I R LIKE SMASH!" i started in melee in case you didnt notice, which im 99% sure you didnt. Cesar, you know i went to your house dude? Drove all the way from beaumont for "the last melee tourney," and i didnt even care that there was no tourney, i was loving the chance to actually play others who knew the tech and even those who ***** me---experience is what i wanted. And yes, i noticed the smash 'clique' that i wasnt a part of when you guys overlooked me and didnt talk to me, and when i tried to start conversation, you blew me off... bad.

Thats right guys! I played melee! I spent literally hours(4+) everyday afterschool practicing the techs, trying to apply them, and fighting the **** lvl 9 computers because they were all i had to fight against. I had the early stage of a tech game, but no mental game yet. Time was what i didnt have, time to catch up before the next game was released...

Then brawl came out and the playing field was leveled. Everyone started on the same level, so i didnt have to worry about catching up. It's funny, despite how ****ty you guys acted towards me, i couldn't wait till the first houston tourney i could go to so i could impress you, maybe get my card and join the smash club.

But of course, under that pressure, i choked at the first tourney, lost to a ****ing link player that i know i should have beaten. But i have a feeling that even if i won that tourney, beat stiltz, 'rex, and sethlon, that you guys would just make Brawl johns and disregard the results and me, because i havent been playing long enough to be good, in your opinion.

Once again, im sorry i wasnt turned on to competitive play until much later than you guys, but i've never backed down from a match, or moneymatch, even if i was completely outclassed. If you cant respect me for anything else, respect me for the fact that i dont start **** if i dont plan on backing up my words. *gestures to the whole argument in general*

So, in conclusion guys, this is what i've found... at the end of the day, after the last stock has dropped, this is just a game. Being pro at it doesnt change that fact. There is no excuse for treating people ****ty just because they werent as good as you in melee, or 64, or whatever! There's this new thing called encouragement i think we all need to try(im guilty as well.)
you still suck, GTFO.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Good **** man, I like how you used the stage you were on to your advantage, and didn't do the same thing over again just on different stages like most people do. I wanna play your Samus :)

Is anyone here good with Jiggs? I just picked her up and need some advice
I was gonna main her, but she doesn't live long enough for my tastes...
Wario on the other hand...

Dair to Rest is a combo.
Repeated Bairs are sexy.
You can string together unsweetspotted fair and sweetspotted fair.
You can combo uairs, fairs and bairs if you follow DI real well.
You can gimp some (terrible) recoveries with a well-timed Nair.
Empty SH is your friend, as is SHAD(Short Hop Air Dodge).
Rollout is actually good now.
Pound doesn't have the range/speed it used to, but is still good.
That's about all I have for now, I haven't played w/her in like a month or two.
I don't even own this game X(

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Please tell me who these people are who say Im not good in Melee seeing how I could beat everyone?

I cant talk ever again? Niggsa please, I'll talk forever son. When I beat you I'll just talk more.
take your life jeremy fieffer is good in melee no johns....

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
metagame take?i believe that is my word sir...

also take let it go...agruing with jermey is like agruing with a brick wall...its pointless and he won't budge...

jermey no offense dude but plz stfu...agruing will solve nothing i learned that a long time ago...action is what will...so if you got your exp. and enough pride in your skill you will come to a tourney and show everyone what you got...yeah i agree with you on the fact that anyone can pick up brawl and melee was much better game...when i play melee today for the first time in several months it blow my mind at how fast it was compared to brawl..

look at the facts dude...the guy that made smash64,melee,brawl...he seen what happen in smash64 and melee and decide he wanted to make a game anyone could win at and thats what happened...spamming and chaingrabbing are pretty much what makes this game

and to everyone else stop instagating...god it only makes it worst...

onii look at the vid of you play tgm tell me mindgames and spacing don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom