• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Another Hobo in May? Hopefully not around final exams...

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Ahh I see you Suspect clownin' on me son. It's going down at hobo.
I'm gonna go ahead and accept all the MM's im sceduled for that includes the following Smoom, Suspect, Jerm. That I can remember.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I don't know why there wouldn't be one, but I don't assume there is one until it is announced.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'm gonna go ahead and accept all the MM's im sceduled for that includes the following Smoom, Suspect, Jerm. That I can remember.
I hope I will still be able to. I spend all of my money at Whobo, idk if I'll barely have enough to go to a Hobo in May if there is one.

-Tetsuo-

Smash Rookie
Sup guys, we (Monsters Arcade) are trying to figure out if people in Houston are interested in the Smash Brothers Brawl Season we are running starting the 24th. When we saw brawl added to the mlg list we decided it would be cool to send our top season guys to the events, but we haven't gotten much response for it. If you guys are interested, aren't interested or have an concerns let us know. THX

www.monstersarcade.net
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Houston-TX/Monsters-Arcade/380893261130?ref=nf
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=270557
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9266

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I sense...this fest will somehow not be at either of your houses and end up at P4's....therefore being more of a P4 fest than a birthday fest...

But that's just me.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I like this idea RT.

Little Trela and Papa Xyro can stay over and celebrate with me after the fest if you know what I mean.

Zori

Smash Champion
hmmm im taking a break it might be a year 6 months or 2 weeks but i won't be posting as much

I don't like long drawn out post but hopefully i see you guys in the future

Smoom77

Smash Master
I like the fest idea too.....................................................................................

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I like this idea RT.

Little Trela and Papa Xyro can stay over and celebrate with me after the fest if you know what I mean.
*writes down evidence*

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
Serious question because I really need some help.

How could I make the best of my time to learn when my opportunities to play Brawl is on Wi-Fi and at HOBOs? I'm finding the game so hard to play competitively.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

How could I make the best of my time to learn when my opportunities to play Brawl is on Wi-Fi and at HOBOs? I'm finding the game so hard to play competitively.
Go to more events and never stop playing while you are there. Stop wasting time in a game called brawl+ because it has literally done NOTHING for you in REAL brawl(you know, the game that matters).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Just do what you can with what you can. Even though Wifi is trash, you can still learn the basics of matchups with it...just don't expect to solely rely on any tactics you pick up.

There are some things you can teach yourself at home. You can learn how a character spaces...how a character recovers...DI...teching...what options a character has or lacks...what to exploit, etc.

Visit other character boards. You can browse through their guides, but don't expect everything posted to be correct.

Also, playing to learn is more important that winning every match. Always try to take something from every match you play, be it tourney or friendly. Try out a new technique or tactic. It didn't work? Do something different. It did work? Good, now try mixing it into your game without being obvious. If you lose, ask yourself what you did wrong (besides not pick MK, lololololol) and how can you correct the mistake. If you win, ask yourself what you did right and how to improve on it.

Heck, I only touch the game when I go to tourneys/other people's houses, and yet I'm not complete trash...yet.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
You got on AIM and told me how to get my car insurance down to $13 a month

GG
Oh.
Next HOBO, me and you bby.

U cant lose to ally, cuz u dont go to tourneys :(
You can't lose to me, cuz I never go to tournies.

Razer, we should have a Birthday Bash after my birthday and before yours.

A "fest" if you will.
Include Kuro plz. MY BIRTHDAY WAS 2 WEEKS AGO NUGGAHS.

Come to smashfests/tournies more often. WiFi helps with matchups, but don't think the that most the tactics you use online will work offline like Yugioh said above. Wifi actually does help, but most offline players don't see it, probaly cuz they're more used to no lag matches.

Read up on characters/guides, be more active in forums, talk to top players via AIM/MSN/Yahoo/etc., watch videos, save vids when you do play and look over them to find the mistakes you make occasionally, and try to correct them when you actually play. Practice any AT's/techs that your char might have.

Or just pick up Metaknight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom