• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

heytallman

CTALL
I'm still in Ekruteak (sp) about to release the dogs. I had to figure out how to set their natures, and I got all the information I need, so it's ****** time. I'm more concerned with catching all I can as I play through. I have only like 3 badges and I have like 45 Pokemon in my dex haha.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Flip lives near there.

Also, laggy TVs, lol.

I might go for lulz if nothing better to do.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
HERE IS THE MLG OFFICIAL BRAWL RULESET!

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL | 1v1
RULES & SETTINGS
General Rules

1.Players may not use a controller with Turbo capabilities or Wireless capabilities. Controllers with Turbo capabilities allow Players to map a button sequence to the Turbo button. Pressing that button results in their Character performing a set of actions that would normally require the Player to press multiple buttons.
2.Players may not use a controller that has been modified in such a way that it alters their Character’s abilities and/or in-game mechanics. Players may not use a controller that has been modified to include a Turbo button. Players are allowed to make cosmetic changes to their controller, however, Major League Gaming reserves the right to deny the use of any controller suspected of providing an unfair competitive advantage.
3.Players may not attach a headset to the Wii or TV.
4.Players/Teams who break General Rules #1-3 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a Player/Team receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game (See Gameplay #3).
5.Players may not intentionally manipulate a button, trigger, bumper, D-Pad, and/or joystick on a teammate’s controller while a Game is in progress. Breaking this rule will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
6.Players may not appear on the Main Stage or Feature Station with sponsor insignia that is not approved by MLG or conflicts with MLG sponsors. Players may be asked to wear MLG apparel for Main Stage and Feature Station Matches.
7.In the case of a Wii/TV malfunction, the Game will be restarted from the beginning.
8.No Warm-Up Games may be played outside of scheduled Warm-Up periods.
9.During scheduled Warm-Up periods, all Games must be played with three Stock or less.
10.During scheduled Warm-Up periods, all Players must get up at the end of a Game and allow any Players, who have been waiting, to take their seat.
11.During Saturday and Sunday’s scheduled Warm-Up periods, Players/Teams who haven’t been eliminated from the Event have priority over other Players/Teams regarding the use of open Stations.
12.Players who break General Rules #8-11 may be given a Foul (See Pro Circuit Conduct Rules).
13.If a Player/Team fails to report to their Station within 5 minutes of their Match’s announcement, they will Forfeit the 1st Game. 10 minutes after the announcement, a Player/Team will Forfeit the Best of 3 Game Match or the 2nd Game of the Best of 5/7/11 Game Match. 15 minutes after the announcement, a Player/Team will Forfeit the Best of 5, Best of 7, or Best of 11 Game Match. If both Players/Teams Forfeit the Match, the higher seeded Player/Team will win the Match.
14.Players/Teams may Forfeit a Game or Match if a Player leaves their Station without their Referee’s permission, or is otherwise unable to play. Referees may set a time limit for a Player who has requested that they be allowed to leave their Station, however, Referees may also deny a Player’s request to leave their Station. Players/Teams may Forfeit a Game or Match if a Player hasn’t returned by the end of their Referee’s set time limit.

Gameplay

1.No use of Marth’s Grab Release Infinites against Lucas and Ness.
2.No use of King Dedede’s Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.
3.Players/Teams who break Gameplay Rules #1-2 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a Player/Team receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game (See General Rules #4).
4.No use of Metaknight’s Infinite Cape Glitch.
5.No Pausing a Game without Referee’s permission.
6.No use of an action that freezes a Game, or otherwise disrupts standard gameplay.
7.Any Infinite Move must end before the affected Character reaches 300%.
8.Breaking any of Gameplay Rules #4-7 will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
9.Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game, disqualification from the Event, and ejection from the venue. Players who are disqualified from the Event won’t receive any Rank Points for their ranking in the Event.
10.The higher seeded Player/Team must choose their Controller Port(s) first. The lower seeded Player/Team may use any of the remaining Controller Ports. In the 1v1 Finals, the Player without a Match loss must choose their Controller Port first. In the 1v1 Finals, the Player with a Match loss may use any of the remaining Controller Ports.
11.Players may request a Blind Pick of Characters for the Game 1 of a Match.
12.For Game 1 of each Match, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike three Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 4 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.
13.After the Stage has been selected for Game 1 of a Match, each Player may select one Stage, from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages, that can’t be chosen for Games 2-11.
14.The loser of a Game must select the Stage for the next Game. The Stage for Games 2-11 can be selected from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages.
15.After the Stage a Game 2-11 has been selected, the winner of the previous Game must select their Character(s), for the upcoming Game, first. The loser of the Game must then choose their Character(s) for the upcoming Game.
16.If the Timer runs out, the winner of the Game will be determined by the following criteria in this order: Stock and Percentage. If Stock is used to determine a winner, the highest number will win. If Percentage is used to determine a winner, the lowest number will win. If both Stock and Percentage are tied, Sudden Death won’t be used and a Tiebreaker Round will be played instead. In a Tiebreaker Round, Stock will be set to 1, the Timer will be set to 4 Minutes, and the same Stage and Characters must be used.
17.If the Timer runs out and one Player exceeds the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, that Player will Forfeit the Game. However, if the Timer runs out and both Players exceed the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, the penalty will not be enforced (See Gameplay Rules #16). The Edge Grab Limit on Norfair will be 45. The Edge Grab Limit on all other Stages will be 35. The Edge Grab Limits only apply to Games/Tiebreaker Rounds in which the Timer runs out.
18.If a Game is started without the approval of a Referee it will be restarted.
19.Players on the same Team may not select the same Character for a 2v2 Game.

For Videos of all of the Gameplay Rule’s illegal maneuvers, go here:

http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304286

Settings

1.Rules = Stock
2.Stock = 3
3.Timer = 8 Minutes
4.Items = Off & None
Starter Stages

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What an oddball rule setup. Pretty cool though. Lucas and Ness go free, so that's nice.

Players may not use a controller with Turbo capabilities or Wireless capabilities. Controllers with Turbo capabilities allow Players to map a button sequence to the Turbo button. Pressing that button results in their Character performing a set of actions that would normally require the Player to press multiple buttons.
GG Razer.

Xyro77

Yea MLG aint budging on the wireless stuff so if i were razer i would reconsider going.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yea MLG aint budging on the wireless stuff so if i were razer i would reconsider going.
Well, it is within reason. Interferences with wireless devices all over the place would be incredibly annoying and time consuming to fix.

Xyro77

Well, it is within reason. Interferences with wireless devices all over the place would be incredibly annoying and time consuming to fix.
Think about it. its not really a problem at tournaments NOW and it definitly wont be at MLG where there are refs who can MAKE SURE your wiimote if off after u leave a match.

**** mlg. I will not support thier rules in ANY WAY. Snake gets GREEN GREENS as a CP? Snake gets HALBERT as a NEUTRAL. MK gets NORFAIR as a CP and delphino as a NEUTRAL.

FUUUUUUUUUUUU you mlg.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Think about it. its not really a problem at tournaments NOW and it definitly wont be at MLG where there are refs who can MAKE SURE your wiimote if off after u leave a match.

**** mlg. I will not support thier rules in ANY WAY. Snake gets GREEN GREENS as a CP? Snake gets HALBERT as a NEUTRAL. MK gets NORFAIR as a CP and delphino as a NEUTRAL.

FUUUUUUUUUUUU you mlg.
Well, I never said I supported or approved of it either. It's cool because it's new, but that's about it.

I like Green Greens :(

Halberd, Xyro, H-A-L-B-E-R-D.
Say it with me, c'mon!~

EDIT: God **** it all, Xyro! Delfino Plaza too!?

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Some of the ruleset for MLG is beyond stupid.

And what's with the Neutrals? Have they lost their minds putting Halberd as a neutral and Norfair as a CP?

MLG =/= Major League Gaming

MLG = Metaknight's Land of the Gods

Seriously this is going to be Meta mains playground.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Some of the ruleset for MLG is beyond stupid.

And what's with the Neutrals? Have they lost their minds putting Halberd as a neutral and Norfair as a CP?

MLG =/= Major League Gaming

MLG = Metaknight's Land of the Gods

Seriously this is going to be Meta mains playground.
Lol. Agreed.

I don't think I'm even going to waste my time with MLG. I'm uber pissed.:mad:

Xyro77

MLG rules fail to address ddd/kirby/ganon suicide attacks as well as scrooging.

Speaking of scrooging, i will quote one of the legends of our time...........

how is it possible to beat a scrooging mk on green greens

Or maybe a camping snake on green greens whos uptilt/ftilt/jab combo/back throw will kill you at 6%

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Are we even going to go to MLG then? I'm sorta reconsidering it myself now.
I dunno Smoomy. I think everyone who came out of retirement to be in this may want to go back.

Just wait for WHOBO and we can wreck in LT Teams. :D

Xyro77

Im here to say that i WILL NOT support MLG at all. I will not bend my dates because its coming to dallas in NOVEMBER unless the rules are changed by then. Seriously, this ruleset was not even CLOSE to what the SBR recommended. I almost would rather support EVO with ITEMS instead of MLG at this point.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wow, these rules are weird. I really hope they change some stuff, because some of the rules are beyond silly...Razer gets screwed, MK gets Halberd as a neutral, no scrooging rule?

I always said it and now I mean it...

This is horrible...

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm still in Ekruteak (sp) about to release the dogs. I had to figure out how to set their natures, and I got all the information I need, so it's ****** time. I'm more concerned with catching all I can as I play through. I have only like 3 badges and I have like 45 Pokemon in my dex haha.
I wish I knew you had to set their natures before you awaken them. :(

Wanna hook me up with a Jolly Rakou, buddy?

And that stage list is pretty ********.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dude, didn't Razer just buy his airplane tickets this week? I hope he can either get a refund or adapt to a cube controller...

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Im here to say that i WILL NOT support MLG at all. I will not bend my dates because its coming to dallas in NOVEMBER unless the rules are changed by then. Seriously, this ruleset was not even CLOSE to what the SBR recommended. I almost would rather support EVO with ITEMS instead of MLG at this point.
I don't blame you in the least. I already didn't have much interest in MLG from the start, now all of this is coming up and now I really don't give a ****.

BTW about Green Greens. Don't forget MKs grounded Up-B goes through bombs, along with dtilt and ftilt being long enough to poke them without harming MK.

I wish I knew you had to set their natures before you awaken them. :(

Wanna hook me up with a Jolly Rakou, buddy?

And that stage list is pretty ********.
Jolly?! Wtf is wrong with you?

Xyro77

BTW, team attack is off at MLG.

BTW, there is random seeding at MLG.

BTW, marths ICG is banned on ness/lucas but squirtles and shieks isnt?

BTW, look at rule 13. It says that after the round 1 stage is selected, you and your opponent may ban a stage. BEFORE ROUND 1 IS PLAYED. Bans are supposed to be used to counter an opponent, not as a stage you simply do not want to play on.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I think they are referring to wavebirds....seriously, the game was meant to be played with wiimotes, lol

The whole ruleset is dumb, but team attack being off is just ********. Its stupid that they released the ruleset AFTER people already paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom