• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Teshie U

Smash Lord
You placed the same as Tipy at TGC2 and that was the only event you attended during this time period. I personally think his wins are better and I would put him above you based on that and activity but you would both be near the bottom or tied for HM.

This is just my logic on the PR. Everyone follows their own criteria and it just averages out in the end.

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 i have, last week was a good fight.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
@ Xyro77 Xyro77 i have, last week was a good fight.

Do not click this if you are not caught up on game of thrones, kids.

I am PISSED that Jorah is gonna die from the stone disease. He brough the ****** to dragon girl as a "I'm sorry please take me back" and is going to die anyway.

The Bolten son guy who tortured Theon literally ***** his wife (Sanza). She then got betrayed by Theon and is trapped in the city. I really think she is going to go crazy and kill the Bolten son. She has gone through so much I don't see how she is still sane at this point.

The fights with Snow and the Ice Zombies were awesome! Valyrian steel and dragon glass are the only 2 things that kill them. I assume dragons can too, right? Maybe dragon girl will come to Westeros and save everybody?

Sam got to sex a girl who sexed her dad. SICK!

Stannis (fav character) is prob gonna die soon. I feel it. I'll be so sad.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I doubt there will be an update patch, unless it's for fixing tiny exploits or glitches. Or you know, Greninja's continual downfall to bottom tier.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
:shades:Avoid only ranks lower because people from San Antonio aren't relevant wins. :shades:

I'd love for you to come out to more stuff Avoid. I dream of a Houston PR full of sheiks, diddys and falcons. With Trela sitting on top of a moutain of button mashed "reads".

@ Xyro77 Xyro77
Tyrion was 100% right about Jorah, he didn't trust Dany's wisdom (she doesn't really have any but the point stands) and only came clean when backed into a corner. Sansa was stupid to willfully offer herself up to the people that betrayed and killed her family. Whats even dumber is all the public outrage over her being "*****" on her wedding night. She was set to marry twice already and she knew she would get ****ed by someone she didnt like.

The Others aka ice zombies are the coldest thing in the world. Note how they extinguish fire just by being near it. Dragons fire is the hottest thing in the world and the only thing that can stop them. Dragon glass is sand super heated by dragons fire and valyrian weapons are just steel molded with dragons fire. By the time the ice army reaches king's landing, 3 dragons wont be enough to stop them.

A quote from Ramsay Snow/Bolton pretty much sums up how this will end. "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention" He said this while torturing Theon. The truth is that the bad guys in the world are only defeated/killed when someone even worse shows up. Theon only suffered because of Ramsay Bolton (loves to hunt and torture people). Joffrey only died because of Littlefinger (also betrayed Ned Stark leading to his death). The ruthless Night's King is just the final bad guy to topple all of civilization in the end.

As amusing as the nerf greninja meme was. Sheik has been the most consistently nerfed. Greninja got multiple bug fixes for his unique special moves that weren't programmed well at launch and some buffs. He also suffered from a universal change to auto-linking aerials.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Hey guys so that EGL event in Dallas? It's gonna be 2 stock, 6 minutes, NO customs. I really want to go. A lot of the KSL admins (Karna being one of them) want to go as well. It's gonna be multiple days (Fri, Sat, and Sun) from August 7th to 9th, though I'm not sure what dates Smash 4 will be on yet until they open up registration next week.

I think it will be a great time. Be warned though, it is kinda pricey ($30 for the weekend venue pass and $50 for entry into singles) and there are no doubles planned. Understandable for a $10000 pot though.

https://www.facebook.com/events/784609934980476/

Super Smash Bro's Wii U

10k Prize pool
1ST $5,000
2ND $2,000
3RD $1,000
4TH $750
5TH $500
6TH $350
7TH $250
8TH $150

5th-8th decided by Consolation Match

Pre-Reg
$50 Standard

Day of Event
$70 Standard

Prepatch Sheik is scarier than prepatch Diddy imo (as in 3DS days).

Sorry Onion, I have to put you on ignore. I know I'm ****ing hilarious, but I don't really want to deal with 10 alerts every time I log onto Smashboards.

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
I agree, but it seems it can't be avoided if one wants to attend a major event outside of Houston/San Antonio.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
#IgnoreOnion2015 Movement grows stronger. I had actually forgoten he existed.

I have no motivation to spend 3+ days in Dallas and spend $80 plus travel charges to lose 33% faster to tryhards. If I'm going to spend that amount of time consecutively on Smash, I'd much rather take a "tour" of TX top weeklies. One week during the summer I plan to hit up Houston, Austin, Dallas and San Antonio in 1 week.

Dallas having massive pots doesn't make their events more enjoyable or more stacked so competitively I have no major motivation to prioritize that event.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Damn, now y'all are making me rethink this one too...

Was never really in it for the pot bonus actually. I realistically do not expect to come out with any money. Just more for the experience I guess. It really won't be the same if no one from here goes though.

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Yeah, I'll probably end up going anyway. Just to get a major event in for 2015 and also cross off Dallas on my checklist.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Unless prices are going up rapidly, I wouldn't commit to it too early. If you want to fight top players I'd wait to see if it attracts anyone interesting.

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Hey guys so that EGL event in Dallas? It's gonna be 2 stock, 6 minutes, NO customs. I really want to go. A lot of the KSL admins (Karna being one of them) want to go as well. It's gonna be multiple days (Fri, Sat, and Sun) from August 7th to 9th, though I'm not sure what dates Smash 4 will be on yet until they open up registration next week.

I think it will be a great time. Be warned though, it is kinda pricey ($30 for the weekend venue pass and $50 for entry into singles) and there are no doubles planned. Understandable for a $10000 pot though.

https://www.facebook.com/events/784609934980476/

Super Smash Bro's Wii U

10k Prize pool
1ST $5,000
2ND $2,000
3RD $1,000
4TH $750
5TH $500
6TH $350
7TH $250
8TH $150

5th-8th decided by Consolation Match

Pre-Reg
$50 Standard

Day of Event
$70 Standard

Prepatch Sheik is scarier than prepatch Diddy imo (as in 3DS days).

Sorry Onion, I have to put you on ignore. I know I'm ****ing hilarious, but I don't really want to deal with 10 alerts every time I log onto Smashboards.
Lol. I thought you already had me on ignore. Sorry for the notifications, man.

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
Instead of best out of 3, just play one match on smashville with 9 stocks each

DEEK4Y

Smash Apprentice
Lol. I thought you already had me on ignore. Sorry for the notifications, man.
Or you could just stop. You're ostracizing yourself from the community as myself and nearly everyone else here has you on ignore. Think, is this really worth it? Do the benefits of your actions seriously outweigh the consequences?

Nike.

Smash Hero
Knife, I hope your aware that TGC4 is happening that same weekend.

Edit: They also scheduled their next LTC the week before that, when San Japan is happening. /wow

Last edited:

Suspect

Smash Hero
I could care less about where I place. I was trying to understand how PR was determined. It didn't make sense to me that players like Tipy/Whispy/Gnes attend more events (SFC, KSL, etc) along with the top 3 major tournaments, place well, and have that outweighed by the bone bros doing great at one or two bigger events. Sure, they've beaten Denti which is a great win to have under your belt, but the others haven't faced him yet either. Who else have they beaten?

I can understand going down for inactivity though. Like I said, where I place doesn't matter to me. I do think that the players representing Houston should be accurate and based off tournament placings rather than having a win or two against a top player. Flukes happen now and then, so how can you go based off one set? FYI, I do have Gnes/Jband wins, but I did also beat Espy twice at SAM 3 (lost to him at TGC2, making us 2-1 my favor in sets), beat Grim at the same tournament but lost to him in losers (making us 1-1 in sets), and won two sets at a KSL tournament against Trela's Mewtwo (who also placed 2nd at TGC making us 2-2 in sets). I do agree Tipy has been on the come up and should've been more than an HM.

I don't believe that people are undeserving of their position. Mbohne and Sam are def two of the top players in Houston. I do think that those who attend more events, are consistent in placements, and done well at the smaller ones also should be considered more than doing well at one or two major events.

Which results are below those three though Tesh? iirc, I outplaced them at the only event I've attended with them. I've placed the same or above Tipy at majority of the tournaments I've been too. As for the other events, I've taken top 5-7 at majority of the others I've been too.
*couldn't care less

Gnes and Razer, join me and p4 on ps4/destiny you last gen scrubs.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Knife, I hope your aware that TGC4 is happening that same weekend.

Edit: They also scheduled their next LTC the week before that, when San Japan is happening. /wow
Is that so? Is that the finalized date for TGC4? Nevermind, Xyro's probably gonna make sure TGC 4 is on that date for sure.

San Japan seems fun too, if I can manage to get two weekends off in a row.

Last edited:

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
This PR is Garbage, i should be #1 on there.
Lol, nah but on the cool, im actually happy that im still in the top 10 regardless of me slacking alot and pretty much trying out characters (i wish i learned as fast as trela) and pretty much giving free wins to karna every time we meet in bracket #foxboyz also, good **** to tipy making HM ! 0:

Dallas doing 2 stocks ?? -__- count me out >_>

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I've gotten way worse since we last played.
That's not you, that's Yoshi because TRASH CHARACTER~

I plateaued.
Travel out of state every once in a while, really refreshes the palette.
If you can't think of a way to improve, try to find one :p [throw your videos towards someone, IMO MVD is probably your kindest/safest person to ask/talk about diddy with]

Last edited:

ChaosPandora

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaosPandora
3DS FC
4656-8341-5529
Is splatoon any good for someone who isn't into shooters besides team fortress 2?

Also first post in months and it's not even about smash um.... how about that lucas?

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
I would try to be more active in these weeklies if my job's busiest days didn't happen to be thursday and sunday. T-T

still a ton of things I need to improve on gameplay and matchup wise.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Maybe people finally realizing Yoshi =D
Until you implement dash attack, make back air somehow work (likely abusing nair hitting behind you a little and b-reverse egg lay), beat things horizontally with up air, disrespect people with down air more often and surprise me with forward tilt.

Last edited:

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
Is splatoon any good for someone who isn't into shooters besides team fortress 2?

Also first post in months and it's not even about smash um.... how about that lucas?
I'm not into shooters but splatoon is addictive man,also they have close combat classes if you don't like gun mechanics.

Top Bottom