• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Until you implement dash attack, make back air somehow work (likely abusing nair hitting behind you a little and b-reverse egg lay), beat things horizontally with up air, disrespect people with down air more often and surprise me with forward tilt.
DA is bad if people shield it tho unless you mean covering their landing options than it's okayish.
Plz patch bair, Ninty.
I been thinking of using Uair instead of Nair after shorthop airdodges
Running off ledges to Dair after people use a getup option mite be gud
I don't use Ftilt cause like Utilt it has noticeable endlag if I miss, urk

PRDX

Smash Cadet
NNID
pardxx
Do you guys think its possible to go from sm4sh to melee and still be good at both? Im thinking of picking up melee but I dont want to drop sm4sh

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys think its possible to go from sm4sh to melee and still be good at both? Im thinking of picking up melee but I dont want to drop sm4sh
I thought about picking up melee and then realized I had better things to do than practice tech for a year before getting competitive.

PRDX

Smash Cadet
NNID
pardxx
I thought about picking up melee and then realized I had better things to do than practice tech for a year before getting competitive.
I'll probably practice it on the side but prioritize sm4sh

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
@ Xyro77 Xyro77 Do you know a Samis main named Megariff? Just played him on 4glory and he was pretty good

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Melee and Smash 4 have two different metagames. It's not impossible to be good at both. But there are a ton of bad Smash 4 habits that will get you punished in Melee because a lot of stuff isn't safe (repeated spotdodging, airdodging, buffering/mashing, ROLLING, etc ).

Melee also requires much more effort to practice and get good than Smash 4. Not much tech skill in Smash 4 because the game was designed to be easily accessible. Meanwhile, people struggle to understand how to do a wavedash when it's literally just airdodging into the ground at an angle and shffling.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
If you master spacing, baiting and predicting, those will all transfer over to melee. That's it.

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 Do you know a Samis main named Megariff? Just played him on 4glory and he was pretty good
Never heard of him.

If Lucas is decent, you will be seeing a lot less of Samus from me. I refuse to take this game serious and, at the same time, use low tier another 6 years.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Just use Zero Suit Samus. Not too many good ones atm and the same person, right?

Lucas I feel will be overshadowed by Ness, if only because of the grab. Hopefully they buff his other attributes. Multihits and better smashes are promising though.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Simple solution: STOP GOING AND PLAY MH INSTEAD.

Geez, so simple...

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 I honestly could not see you using Lucas. But then again, the outcome could be hilarious.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Probably another character hint/reveal plus amiibo/DLC stuff. Hopefully they will also talk about the state of the other online features mentioned last in April 2014 direct...

ChaosPandora

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaosPandora
3DS FC
4656-8341-5529
Simple solution: STOP GOING AND PLAY MH INSTEAD.

Geez, so simple...

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 I honestly could not see you using Lucas. But then again, the outcome could be hilarious.

Just reminded me that I need to go back to playing monster hunter

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I offer great advice.

Not everything I post is sarcastic.

The trick is recognizing WHEN I am being sarcastic.

Xyro77

Who do you see me playing then, @ RT RT

I've tried since October to enjoy this game and Samus but I just can't fathom going through another 6 years of low tier. It's a struggle that I don't wanna do anymore. I wanna pick a better character I enjoy or that I think I would enjoy.

Last edited:

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
Who do you see me playing then, @ RT RT

I've tried since October to enjoy this game and Samus but I just can't fathom going through another 6 years of low tier. It's a struggle that I don't wanna do anymore. I wanna pick a better character I enjoy or that I think I would enjoy.
Fox and Sheik are a lot of fun. If you're looking for a zair, then maybe Toon Link is for you

Xyro77

Fox and Sheik are a lot of fun. If you're looking for a zair, then maybe Toon Link is for you
Fox and sheik are super common and I HATE both of them with a passion.

I like zair but I don't have to have it because all Zairs have been nerfed in this game.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Honestly? I also ask myself this question.

I only use Lucario because Brawl and the fact pretty much NO ONE uses him here, so I can get away with doing silly stuff people don't understand because they never see the stuff or have practice against it. He doesn't even really play the same as Brawl, and he has many bad/not fun matchups just because his neutral game is butts and doesn't live as long because of rage/DI isn't as strong. I usually win just because haha you let me live too long with Aura.

And then I picked up Mario because he is so easy to play and his attacks really eat through 90% of the cast's moveset because lolpriorityandmultihits. I find him more amusing than fun to play with tbh.

I guess deep down, we both have the same feelings towards the game...same ****, different game. I'm not motivated to play more beyond the small amount I already play. Just try to have fun at tourneys and not be so serious.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I honestly want to aee the zair master return to former glory. Those were amusing times in Brawl.

Megafox saw the payouts for EGL.

It appears as though he won't be going to TGC4 lol
He had so much cred when I learned he played MH. Now it's all gone.

Last edited:

Xyro77

I only use Lucario because Brawl and the fact pretty much NO ONE uses him here, so I can get away with doing silly stuff people don't understand because they never see the stuff or have practice against it. He doesn't even really play the same as Brawl, and he has many bad/not fun matchups just because his neutral game is butts and doesn't live as long because of rage/DI isn't as strong. I usually win just because haha you let me live too long with Aura.

And then I picked up Mario because he is so easy to play and his attacks really eat through 90% of the cast's moveset because lolpriorityandmultihits. I find him more amusing than fun to play with tbh.

I guess deep down, we both have the same feelings towards the game...same ****, different game. I'm not motivated to play more beyond the small amount I already play. Just try to have fun at tourneys and not be so serious.
Finally U understand what I've been going through.
I can see Xyro playing Duck Hunt.
i hate animals.
Megafox saw the payouts for EGL.

It appears as though he won't be going to TGC4 lol
TGC 4 won't be on the day of that event.
I honestly want to aee the zair master return to former glory. Those were amusing times in Brawl.
I can't. Zair is bad now and this game is worse than brawl in many ways.

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
I'm pretty sure Samus is at least mid tier.

Hey, I used to use him. But yeah, he sux. He's the only character I know that combos worse than his Brawl counterpart. Other than of course Batman.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Finally U understand what I've been going

Mah boi, we have sadly outgrown the thrill of Smash. And I hope they one day buff zair.
Hey, I used to use him. But yeah, he sux. He's the only character I know that combos worse than his Brawl counterpart. Other than of course Batman.
It's because Aura+rage makes combos unreliable. But it's fun to kill someone at 20%, then just turn them and shrug.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Finally U understand what I've been going through.

i hate animals.

TGC 4 won't be on the day of that event.

Animals hate you

Trela

Smash Lord
Nah lol I'm fine. Just need to get over Yoshi and learn to never ever ever 4never ever challenge DK's airbending powers.

Me and Asa are gonna go to that weekly in Dallas on Wednesday with Esam, so I know that anything that happened to me at the weekly last night is nothing compared what I may experience later this week.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Do you enjoy being miserable?

Last edited:

Zori

Smash Champion
Sorry if I was cranky yesterday to anyone, I got a total of 0 hours of sleep and wanted to sleep ;_;

My body wasn't ready

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
And yet you still went to the weekly?

Sounds like a personal problem.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I think losing to DK's MK impersonation on steroids is acceptable.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
He died at 0 percent while trying to gimp DK with Robin's Up B.

I won with custom Diddy, but I'm not sure if I like the strong up B than vanilla up b. Probably will use it for match ups where Diddy faces heavy weights where killing earlier is much more significant.

When I go to EVO I probably will stick with 1111 Diddy.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Win EVO. Make it the next Hobo 12.

Please...do this for RT.

Top Bottom