• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I think no Diddy will be in top 8. Diddy as I say 100% Diddy no changing characters for match ups. Xyro will be happy lol.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Secretly, Flip isn't going heheheh.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I know, you abandoned me in doubles.

First abandoned me in MH, now this.

Now I see why I have low self-esteem. :(

Brb, crying.

But anyways, no trinity = problems for everyone. This will be interesting to see how everything plays out...

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, Mega's sitting this one out. We have our season final on Sunday.
This is gonna be a rough weekend. :applejack:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No Megafox? I'm oddly disappointed...

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Flip has no faith in the underdogs. Karna, Whispy, KJ... time to go to work.

Last edited:

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
I think no Diddy will be in top 8. Diddy as I say 100% Diddy no changing characters for match ups. Xyro will be happy lol.
Yeah.. there's certain match ups i hate with diddy (cant quite grasp yet, pre and post patch) so its more so 70-80% Diddy for me at tgc. a 100% diddy player isnt attending from what i know.
Flip has no faith in the underdogs. Karna, Whispy, KJ... time to go to work.
Me and karna have a special surprise for these old gens ;) and im sure you and KJ and many more new gens are practicing up for tgc as well !

Last edited:

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Lol practice? We talking about practice? Nobody got time for practice..

Nah been busy with exams coming up and wedding planning. Not sure if I'll show up to TGC but if I do, you know I'm gonna make a statement along with the rest of us bwoiii. Looking forward to this surprise though.

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
Lol practice? We talking about practice? Nobody got time for practice..

Nah been busy with exams coming up and wedding planning. Not sure if I'll show up to TGC but if I do, you know I'm gonna make a statement along with the rest of us bwoiii. Looking forward to this surprise though.
:( aww , hope you make it dude. but of course, wedding planning and exams are way more important! do what you gotta do bro!

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I gotta be proven wrong I guess then. A lot of my reasoning comes from pulling through in the clutch top 8 spots when everything matters and nerves kick in. Should be interesting what happens.

Last edited:

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
I gotta be proven wrong I guess then. A lot of my reasoning comes from pulling through in the clutch top 8 spots when everything matters and nerves kick in. Should be interesting what happens.
Lol wait on it. Upsets been happening often at these last few tournaments. Have fun DJing though.

Appreciate it Whispy.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yeah, Mega's sitting this one out. We have our season final on Sunday.
This is gonna be a rough weekend. :applejack:
are you saying megafox is skipping tgc (and hundreds of dollars) for a power rankings tournament where he is guaranteed 1st?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
are you saying megafox is skipping tgc (and hundreds of dollars) for a power rankings tournament where he is guaranteed 1st?
It's a top ten tournament in-town that he can win ~$800 dollars in, depending on payout. The total pot is something around $1,200. Honestly, unless TGC2 hits the same number of attendance as the first, he'll probably win more from ours than from yours.

It's also a top 10 only event. That automatically means that our Sunday tournament is exponentially faster, he doesn't have to drive 3+ hours with his sister and company to get to it, wake up super early in the morning, and he can go home on the same night as the event rather than having to rent out hotel space.

That already makes it several times better than TGC2 for him. :applejack:
:applejack:

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You have to have entered 7 out of the 14 weeklies we have per season (every four months), and be within the top 10 on the Elo rankings.
So yeah, it's pretty much invite only. :applejack:

Last edited:

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
I warn not to allow certain obnoxious people on the group. For example, someone that is liking every post despite many polite attempts from people asking it to stop.
Lol. Luckily, there's no like button on Skype.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I wish I could substitute a Diddy amiibo for him. It's a CPU, it can't think on it's own. ._.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
It's a top ten tournament in-town that he can win ~$800 dollars in, depending on payout. The total pot is something around $1,200. Honestly, unless TGC2 hits the same number of attendance as the first, he'll probably win more from ours than from yours.

It's also a top 10 only event. That automatically means that our Sunday tournament is exponentially faster, he doesn't have to drive 3+ hours with his sister and company to get to it, wake up super early in the morning, and he can go home on the same night as the event rather than having to rent out hotel space.

That already makes it several times better than TGC2 for him. :applejack:
:applejack:
wat what? im coming to these every week next season

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Come on man, you know finals are coming up
My feels exactly every time I see something during this week and next.

EDIT: Just bought tickets to Avengers 2 on May 1 (midnight). Would've been glorious to see it in 3D though, watching Pacific Rim in 3D was the best decision of my movie theater career.

Last edited:

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
I will definitely be there that midnight. I live right next to AMC30 which i believe is the one xyro is going to.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So the rankings got updated thanks to all those out there uploading their events~
Megafox is now 24th (from 60 something)

Still doesn't have that TGC tournament. Which could've meant he could've been as high as 12th? If I'm thunking it properly.

Denti, Aerolink, Espy (also new), Flip also still repping Texas in top 60~

Basically all Xyro's fault Megafox isn't the hottest player in North America right now

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Im still working on them. I have to manually upoad every single player in every single tournament. It's time consuming.

Besides, tons of west coast doesn't upload results and then you have people farm points by doing weeklies. It's a flawed system to determine who's good or not.

If you want to be known, spam yourself on FB and get on big streams.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Weeklies barely give a lot of points depending on turnout and payout.
One of our weeklies had 55 which is one less than our monthlies WINGS 2 and 3 less than WINGS 3.

If it's a small amount it won't be much, should also mention the system only considers tournaments the past 3 months. Points are nice but Shaya knows about the whole farming thing.
So even if you have weeklies and get like 25 or 50 points for getting first (wowzers) you still most likely beat literally nobody good, thus the points have no effect since it's a system only looking for the people you beat. Otherwise I'd be a top Yoshi in the system (which I'm not)

But yes, spamming yourself on social media tends to be better for exposure, which is why a lot of TX in general outside of Trela Denti and ALSM is ignored.
Maybe not big on social media, but they still go to nationals or out to other states to take names.

Top Bottom