• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So this is what happens when you get promoted from Triforce tier..

Denti

Smash Master
Zero matches have gone to time in Dallas Wii U on 2 stock 6 min ; )

Dallas doesn't hate on it's own players.

Sounds like an oxymoron when players want to play to win but but get condemned by the players who play for fun. Why don't you guys just play for fun instead of hate?

Also imo Brawl's game mechanics were campy, Smash 4's is not. Only a small select of characters end up camping (rosa, sonic, pacman, villager). No other scene is worried about time outs but this one and imo it's likely due to the rules.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I..don't think anyone plays this game to hate.

"HEY YOU, RANDOM NEWBIE. I HATE YOU, WANT TO PLAY FRIENDLIES????!!!!1111!!?????"

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ambassador from the empire, please go

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Good luck with Aftershock since PM is scurrying to quite honestly any tournament that has that and multiple games to make it feel like this #oneunit #pm #melee #smash4
No sarcasmz

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Just be more aggressive guyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Idc at this point. I just want to point out that full on camp to time out from the beginning or for the majority of the match is lame AND a terrible strategy. You're better off learning some approaching options and integrating it into your play. You'll do much better.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, Ultimatescrub. You lost to Trela's Doc. #curedyourleprosy

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
BC you can do whatever you want lol. I'm letting you know from my years of top level play that you'd do better if you integrated approaching options. You've lost literally to your own play before.

UltimateScrub has bopped you twice. NO SCRUB HERE oooooooo

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Hobo 12 was awesome.

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
The campy style is fine honestly. If they're having fun playing the game how they want, then more power to them. Razer you need to calm down son.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Lol y'all think I'm really getting gripes over this? I thought I've clearly said I don't care because my character can let me do what I want. I just hate Diddy atm. I'm only telling BC it'd be beneficial imo for him to be more aggro as I've seen him LOSE to his own play. He don't got to do jack squat if he don't want to. Camping will never be stopped. This has been known to me since early Brawl. I knew about play to win since 08 from Lee Martin lmao. I'm fine and dandy. Talk to TRELA.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
LLLLLLLLLLLLLINK!

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Who's planning on going to SA before TGC?
Pokemon tourney in St. Charles Valentine's weekend. I wish I could go this month but that's enough traveling for me (12 hour drive).

Dang, this Link jab combo is super hard to pull off, but I guess that's the point. Also, I don't really understand all the fear/hate on the Youtube comments?

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
the metagame is still young imo. I see alot of people camping because they either don't fully know the MU, or don't know when to go in, or are just bad. I say a good year down the line, and we'll understand mechanics more. like shield dropping is really good. hitboxing grabs is really good. if those get perfected, "top tiers" won't look so bad afterwards. imo the meta seems stagnant simply cuz too many people bandwagonning, not enough people experimenting.

Trela

Smash Lord
Let me make something clear here.

The argument of camping is not about the characters, but the players behind them.

I'm sure most of you new gens (can't believe I'm ACTUALLY USING this term right now) don't remember him, but there was this player back in the Brawl days named DMG who played Wario. I'm sure anyone who has ever played him will never forget who he is or what he did (I certainly won't). The only reason he would even pay his entry fee for tournaments was so he could time you out.......and that's it. Out of the few times I actually played him (3 or 4 sets), he timed me out every single game, every single set, every single time, until I finally beat him the last time we ever played. I want you to imagine trying to catch a character like Wario in Brawl, where his aerial momentum was almost unrivaled and you could air dodge back onto the stage or a platform WITH NO LAG. That one time I beat him? Yeah, it's because I got the lead first and didn't approach him back. I still wonder to this day why I did not quit Brawl sooner.

Now I can't speak for DMG and tell you why he played like this, but I'm almost certain he did it just because he could, and that he enjoyed doing so. To each their own, right? Well what if we saw someone like that playing in the top 8 of Smash 4 at Apex where every set was best of 5? Do you think his playstyle and ulterior motives would be a good representation of how we play our game? Dabuz was only the beginning, it seems. The Smash community has changed these past few years. We're bigger and better than ever. Smash 4 could have a promising future, but when we're proven time and time again that this game is just Brawl 2.0 with players who want to watch our game burn into the ground because LMAO with time outs along with using a character (Diddy) who looks to be unbeatable without camping, then maybe it's best that I just sit this one out when it comes to traveling and trying to prove that this game can be fun when I'm only one of few.

I believe the fate of our game lies in the individual. It's your choice to pick top tiers only or to camp and go for time outs. You set an example for the new players who come into our scene, who also believe in a balanced, fast-paced game. It's like Snorlax said earlier in one of his posts.......what did I expect when I got myself into all of this?

Also, for those who said to "get better scrubs", need I remind you who was playing in WFs of the tournament last weekend. I'm going to ask you politely to hold that L, please.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
this is the ugliest the houston thread has been in years and that's saying something

Top Bottom