• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Zori

Smash Champion
Lol my play style is nowhere near bc

Tesh you had 4+ matches go under 1 min plz stop

Gnes had matches go under one minute with SHULK

I forsure have a patient play style but I been working on it but I feel like I'm going against the grain with MM

I tried to approach in doubles and what happend?? We lost and then when I do the same to the same people I am the villain. Something is missing

Last edited:

Zori

Smash Champion
Avoid we played like 8 matches in tourney only one went to time, are you going to ignore the matches I won with out time

Zori

Smash Champion
3000 and trex timed you OUT IN DOUBLES WHY AM I ALWAYS BROUGHT UP BY YOU ARE YOU BLIND

Last edited:

Zori

Smash Champion
Let me repeat

Tesh

A lot of your matches went under 1 min

Don't just throw me under the bus

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Lulz. So this Monday Night's argument is about different playstyles and why people hate camp? I can offer some perspective as a Link main.

Link can't really camp (Toon Link does it better), but he can chuck a lot of decently hard hitting projectiles and that pisses people off. But hey, what am I going to do? 3/4 of his specials are projectiles, so you can't really hate Link players for doing that. Same goes for MegaMan, DHD, TL, etc..

There are annoying things about every character whether its Diddy's hoohah, Rosalina's grab breaking, Pikachu's Quick Attack, Pac Man's hydrant, Sonic's spindash, Bowserside, Villager's ledge game, etc., but its also part of the game and thing like that have been in every SSB game in the series.

Diddy's hoohah is out of balance though, I agree. Actually, nothing is wrong with combos out of down throw, its just that his uair is way too disjointed and strong for such a fast attack.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Do you feel good betraying the empire? DO YOU?!

Nah, you're the noble king trying to save us all. <3

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Avoid we played like 8 matches in tourney only one went to time, are you going to ignore the matches I won with out time
Lol Zori, chill. I wasn't attacking you at all. It was an example. Megaman should have a defensive play style in general and though there wasn't many, some of your matches have went or been close to using the full 7 mins (against Sync also). It's from my perspective, I used the only two I've seen so far as examples. I'm sure there's worse in the Houston scene I haven't come across yet.

Last edited:

Zori

Smash Champion
So because me and SYNCS match went close to time it's 100% my fault?? God forbid sync would camp someone I'm lost?

Honestly I'm not interested in arguing

How about if I play razer/avoid / whoever and my match goes to time they can still get the win. Yes this promotes people to camp me but idk please stop it's super annoying

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
See the problem? You have no out. You never learned how to properly go in. You never learned a good foundation of even basic gameplay. All you ever learned to do is camp and then once someone takes that terrible strategy away...you're just bad.

Why not actually learn how to play aggressive, so then you can choose when to go in and when to play more defensive and safe if needed? You're potentially limiting yourself by not exploring other options.

But whatever, you're free to play the game as you want. Just...when you reflect on your losses, just ask yourself, "Could I have won if I had been a little bit more aggressive somewhere?" If your first though is, "I should have camped harder!" then...you're not making yourself better.
Why are you assuming all this? Did you know I went all Yoshi at for glory until I got to Karna, whose Sheik I couldnt beat with Yoshi. Switched to Villager, and 3 stocked his Sheik game 2 and won game 3 playing all aggro, because Sheik outcamps Villager anyways if she really wants to. It's not hard to go in or play aggressively; quit patting yourselves on the back. Quit assuming I can only play 1 style. My Yoshi is balls to the wall aggressive. In most of the other fighting games I play, I use rushdown characters. I can appreciate any style of character or play, something non-scrubs should be able to do.

Now continue on with your ban Diddy hate bandwagoning and complaining about everything that doesn't fit your fantasies of how the game should be played (This was directed at everyone not just RT).

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
play Megaman like you play Megaman games guys wtf
Run to the right and jump and shoot
Fall off the edge?
At least you jumped and shooted.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
No, because of the matches I've watched with you against another have usually led to 4-5+ mins majority of the time allows me to assume it. I'm sure Sync would, but as I said I just used an example. I could've stated anyone lel. You and BC happen to be the only ones I've seen take it to time with what I'd consider a campy character.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Moar camp plz.

I do find it somewhat amusing when players get riled up about it. What else do you expect with a game that has stronger defense options and a scene with players who need to win for a living/ satisfy ego? None of those are bad things, I wanted to come back to tournaments because of the ego factor. I'm just saying the writing has been on the walls and players shouldn't really be getting too upset about things that would obviously be a part of the tourney meta.

Zori

Smash Champion
Razer I know you are trying to be funny but something productive can come from this.

If you get camped/timed out you will be the first to complain so help us find a resolution while we are on the topic

Thanks bub

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Lol I ain't complaining. I'm laughing at today's posts. Guess what, I found a solution to playing you. I switched characters. I know Mega Man kinda has to play like that which is fine. But stuff like BC timing out people with 2 stocks mid percent for 7 minutes is inexcusable to me. BUT WHATEVERRRRRR

Trela was just pulling your leg lolol

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, how's it goin'?

Getting a little heated here. Lol

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
3000 and trex timed you OUT IN DOUBLES WHY AM I ALWAYS BROUGHT UP BY YOU ARE YOU BLIND
lmfaoooooo
who gets timed out in doubles?? like hooooly sh*********

Did they really play that lame?? Lmao ima money match them both, the whole tourny the be mad salty (crazyfunfish and I 2-0'd first round). Maybe that salt carried throught the whole tourny?

the sonic one (3000??) timed out my partner in singles, so I gotta get his revenge and I'll get yours Zori. Ima call them both out if I see em at TGC. Sonic vs Sonic ditto (love the ditto) and megaman ditto (:

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
If we're still on the topic of timing people out.

EXHIBIT A
http://youtu.be/NZLl8zrRnKY

The match where TVBlaze literally kept running away and throwing eggs with yoshi when there were obviously better options. Literally the longest best 2 out of 3 set in THE ENTIRE WORLD ATM. I think the problem is stuff like that, NOT Villager who I believe is inherently made to play defensively/slow to approach.

So as some of you know I play Villager now, have for the last month or so, I can tell you from experience that it is HARD to move in. Fair is NOT a good approach. Even with a gyroid buffer. However I gotta say when we do get in, we can do hype ****, combo vid from me and BC coming soon.

Believe me, I LOVE getting in and getting dair, up air, uptilt etc combos but I rarely find the opportunity for them. Villager just doesn't feel built that way... Which is why you'll usually find me playing uber defensively in doubles.

Don't go crucifying me now. I do my best to play an aggressive Shulk too.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
I actually don't mind playing keep away players. Some of my favorite sets played in brawl were against these types of players. Shoutout to Jerm, Zori, and PJ! However if your sole intention is to time someone out before the game even starts, you are just the worst...

Also, it's not cool to attack players for their specific playstyles. It's imperative that players who purchased the game be allowed to play the game how they want to. Not by how you tell them to...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
[All of this arguing over camp and yet none of you realize the real problems.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
i got timed out in doubles because our team had no real kill setups. My partner SDed and as I was winning 2v1 with 3 stocks to 1.

I was literally beating two people at once and I couldn't risk uptiling or downsmashing so it took a little while. Once I had it down to 1v1, the Sonic ran from me when he realize I was slaughtering him he dipped hard. I am fully confident I would have won with a little more time, but thats just the way things go.

@ SnorlaxPie500 SnorlaxPie500 I played you once in Brawl and the only reason you got timed out is because you kept camping even though you were losing the entire time. When we played at TGC the match went to time because we both literally had no idea what we were doing. I was approaching you and we both just kept whiffing. Then I killed you as time ran out and I lost anyway.

For the record, I have no problem with slow paced or campy matches. I'm only pointing out the people that are camping themselves. The matchup often dictates who gets outcamped, and I think its silly when people stay with a strategy that is obviously losing them the match. The dynamic of rushdown vs zoning is entertaining for me. Zoning vs zoning is fine too if you both have a legit shot at scoring hits.

The only matches I had go deep were because people who were losing to be at range decided to stay at range. With two exceptions. I legit camped BC's Little Mac. I'm not even sure if that match was long, but I know it was campy. It worked though so it doesnt fall into the category of what I mentioned. Game 3 was Gnes did not feel remotely campy to me. We both just refused to die.

With that said, I am 100% willing to camp and/or cheese against campy/cheesy players. I do like to beat people at their own game.

If you are camping and its working, I support that ****. I only suggest options for people that camped and lost. I do the same thing when I see someone who went in too hard and suffered for it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, this is stupid. I agree with Tesh. For now on, if anyone want to start some sort of strange camping game against me in tournament or friendlies, then be prepared to face the consequences. Some people just don't get it, and I have no qualms with being the villain in a camping war.

Razer, your everything is feral. They have some sort of incurable disease.

Last edited:
Top Bottom