• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Never going to Dallas because 2 stock is toxic and killing this game. All Denti does is sit in shield and is cancer and evil.

Everything said on smashboareds is a heartfelt declaration of hatred and anger.

@Trela , I've tried to have that mindset in smash4 at times and I've avoided taking the "easy way out" for reasons I can't really explain, but at some point you have to ask yourself if its worth it. If competing as hard as you can within the confined of the game is not fun for anyone then maybe those people should just quit. Limiting yourself and losing because of it is no more fun than selling out to win.

@Denti , Splatoon crew battle day 1?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Splatoon tho

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate tho

Xenoblade Chronicles tho

Halp meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Seeing Trela talk about stuff I've said for 6 years makes me happy.

Last edited:

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I know this is late too but on the subject of Villager, there's a difference in zoning and running lol don't confuse the two.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I've said forever that smash 4 is basically a brawl 2.0. We are seeing the same tactics/mentality that came from brawl being applied (and succeeding) in smash 4. The game looks better, sounds better and has a few new things but the core "Brawl-isms" are mostly still there or worse (in some cases).

Don't give up the game but def don't be afraid to try things that I recommend to you because the beginning of Brawl was glorious. I can keep that same aspect and apply it to smash 4 for you guys but you gotta support me.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I just want my Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate...plz...give to me...I...need...this...

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
I won a Smash 4 tournament at school and got a $50 gift card to Fry's
Does anyone know if they have any Gamecube controller adapters?

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
So the Link Jab cancel into jab death combo might be enough to cause a patch. Majority of Link mains want this to happen too.

I can't really comprehend why it's considered so broken especially since it requires a lot of precision to do and ICs had this in Melee and Brawl.

Its very likely it will be patched, at least by Mewtwo time and if Sakurai gives a crap. I just hope they don't ruin his other jab cancels in the process. I also don't want Link band wagoners because of this technique (can't believe that needs to be said), so I'd be fine with its removal. Please nerf Diddy's hoohah while you're at it.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's really weird Link mains are complaining about this when the likes of Ice climbers existed in melee/brawl and even infinites for marth or against wario existed in brawl.

Like, you get tossed a bone after begging for weeks on how hungry you are then deny the food. Out of triforce tier and say no to silver linings.
Silly Link mains.

Besides that video didn't have any DI happening >xyro's post on EC finding out how to escape already

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Guys don't worry about it. I only got 4 reps on DK before I messed up. We good.

It's as situational as the single banana infinite. I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
EC players already found out a way to get out of it.

Hold DOWN and shield.
Are you sure? Because another Link main says other wise.

I need to actually test this on someone. Any Diddy's willing to take a beating? I can kinda already do this.

:)

EDIT: To clarify further, some characters do have tools to escape this like Marth/Mario's UP-B and a few are too floaty to lead to kill % like Jiggs, Kirby, and Rosa, but it still works on the majority of the cast, including most of the top tiers save Rosalina.

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
I want to see the 20 seconds Grim and Trela had absolutely nothing to say about BC and Krebs doubles match

Last edited:
Top Bottom