• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Rememebr that Star Fox Easter Egg in the game? It was hinting at that desire to be involved.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Nintendo taps Platinum Games to help make StarFox Zero because of Bayonetta 2??

http://platinumgames.com/2015/09/20/bayonetta-2-celebrates-one-year-since-its-release/
This is...kind of old news isn't it? They have been co-developing the game for a while. It was supposed to come out like a couple of months from now (but now its not).

Its going to be epic. As soon as W101 came out, I was hoping Platinum would make starfox or metroid for nintendo.

Unfortunately Platinum has their fingers in all the cookies jars now (as they have become more popular than ever). I'm not salty because " I liked them first", but with Scalebound exclusive to XBONE, NIER project exclusive to Ps4 and Starfox (and maybe Bayo 3) on Wii U/ NX its going to be expensive to keep up with them.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I don't think either of you read the article.

The Bayo team didn't put her in a fox suit because they wanted to make a starfox game. That wasn't the goal. The reason why there was a starfox suit is because one of the devs is fond of starfox.

Nintendo saw that^ and reached out to platinum for starfox Dev support for the newest starfox game.

The point of me posting the article was to pose the question "what if platinum never put the starfox suit in Bayo? That would probably have led to a totally diff Dev team helping Nintendo with starfox.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I highly doubt a legit business decision was entirely made based on a costume.

But you can feel free to think that way.

The fact the whole Star Fox segment easter egg was in the game hints that they were already messing around with ideas even during that time period of development (probably 2+ years ago)

Last edited:

Xyro77

My car for MLG is full.

Xyro
Trela
MegaFox
KJ
Gaius

10$ each and we are set for the whole weekend. All of you need to contact me for a meeting place.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dead community, dead thread.

Xyro77

Learning about the prison system and its history is extremely interesting to me. i love this "Prison and Society" course at UHCL.

Last edited:

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
But the real question.... Mii's allowed anything other than 1-1-1-1? :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I know what this is leading to...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I honestly could only list 5 characters as being low/bottom. The line between the lower tiers is very hard to distinguish unless the character has like nothing going for them (Samus).

Xyro77

I know that the game is still changing and that patches can change everything even further. The survey is just a rough guess.

So far the results are pretty accurate with what I thought about who is garbage.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well the patch next week could change things. Just give Samus her Melee Charge Shot and missiles and at least she will have something.

Or the EXTENDERRRRRRRRRR

Last edited:

Xyro77

TBH, just give us back invincible ledge grabs, shield poking, missile cancelling and lagless Zair landings and I can live with the rest.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
TBH, just give us back invincible ledge grabs, shield poking, missile cancelling and lagless Zair landings and I can live with the rest.
Invincible ledge grabs leads to planking. They had the right idea, but they implemented it a little too drastic. Your invicibility frames should start decreasing for each successive re-grab imo. At least they got it right when you're at higher percents.

And shield pushback
This will never happen sadly.

Last edited:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Shield pushback would be great. Ledge invincibility would be disastrous. Keeping the initial invincibility frames when you let go would be nice. Too many damn stage spikes in this game.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
1 invincible grab is perfectly fine (not even fully invincible). People wanted stronger edgeguarding, well there you have it. People actually have to get back on stage or use mix ups.

Samus, Villager, Sheik, MK etc. all have above average ledge camping, the last thing we need is for all of these characters to get safer at wasting time.

Shield pushback will naturally get better as characters are upgraded to be safer on shield. None of the best characters care that you might not fall off of a platform because they won't get punished for well spaced moves. Many characters with shield break setups benefit from people being stuck at the edge of a platform too.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Umm...Pichu is the hero we need/deserve/want/crave/yearn

Xyro77

A few days ago, i opened a poll to see what the public thought about certain characters in Smash 4. Specifically, i wanted to know who they deem to be "low" and "bottom" tier. Historically, low or bottom tiered characters are considered NON-VIABLE.

When tier lists are created correctly, they reflect the following:

Top Tier (viable aka can win tournaments)
High Tier (viable aka can win tournaments)
Middle Tier (semi-viable aka might be able to win tournaments)
Low Tier (not viable. cannot win tournaments)
Bottom Tier (not viable. cannot win tournaments)

After polling 100 people (aka 100 votes) of all skill levels on FaceBook and here on Smashboards, here are the results. NOTE: For easier reading, i will put the least voted characters at the top. Do you agree with poll? See below!

1. Mario
2. Villager
3. Luigi
4. Peach
5. Sonic
6. Ness
7. Roy

These characters^ all received 1 vote. This means 1% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.

8. Pikachu
9. Rosalina
10. ZS
11.Sheik
12. Yoshi

These characters^ all received 2 votes. This means 2% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.

13. Fox
14. Diddy
15. Wario
16. Rob
17. Ryu

These characters^ all received 3 votes. This means 3% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.

18. PacMan
19. Falcon

These characters^ all received 4 votes. This means 4% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.

As you can see above, with the exception of a few, most of the characters would seem to fit in with the current metagame in terms of winning or placing pretty high. So far so good.

20. Toonlink

These characters^ all received 6 votes. This means 6% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.
This is our 1st jump in percentages.

21. Pit
22. Dark Pit
23. Lucas

These characters^ all received 7 votes. This means 7% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.

24. Metaknight
25. Lucario

These characters^ all received 8 votes. This means 8% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.

26. DK
27. Kirby

These characters^ all received 9 votes. This means 9% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.
We are about half way through the character roster. Who will be in the higher half of the last half of the roster?

28. MegaMan
29. Olimar
30. Greninja

These characters^ all received 10 votes. This means 10% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.

31. Link

These characters^ all received 12 votes. This means 12% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.
This is our 2nd jump in percents.

32. GW

These characters^ all received 15 votes. This means 15% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.
This is our 3rd jump in percents

33. Marth

These characters^ all received 16 votes. This means 16% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.

34. Shulk

These characters^ all received 17 votes. This means 17% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.

35. Ike
36. Bowser Jr

These characters^ all received 18 votes. This means 18% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.

37. Falco

These characters^ all received 19 votes. This means 19% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.

38. Mii Brawler
39. Robin

These characters^ all received 23 votes. This means 23% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.
This is our 4th jump in percents.

40. Little Mac

These characters^ all received 28 votes. This means 28% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.
This is our 5th jump in percents.

41. Duck Hunt

These characters^ all received 30 votes. This means 30% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.
This is our 6th jump in percents.

42. Bowser

These characters^ all received 31 votes. This means 31% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.

43. King DDD

These characters^ all received 40 votes. This means 40% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.
This is out 7th jump in percents.

44. Lucina
45. Charizard
46. WiiFit

These characters^ all received 42 votes. This means 42% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.
This is our 8th jump in percents.

47. JigglyPuff

These characters^ all received 44 votes. This means 44% of the voters feel these characters are low or bottom tier.
This is our 9th jump in percents.

The last 8 characters are ahead in votes by leaps and bounds. Prepare yourself.....

48. Palutena (49 votes or 49% say this character is low or bottom tier)
49. Mewtwo (54 votes or 54% say this character is low or bottom tier)
50. Ganondorf (58 votes or 58% say this character is low or bottom tier)
51. Mii Sword (58 votes or 58% say this character is low or bottom tier)
52. Zelda (60 votes of 60% say this character is low or bottom tier)
53. Dr mario ( 67 votes or 67% say this character is low or bottom tier)
54. Mii Gunner (73 votes or 73% say this character is low or bottom tier)
55. Samus (75 votes or 75% say this character is low or bottom tier)

So if i was to create a "low tier" section of the tier list based off of these votes, i would place....

Lucina
Charizard
WiiFit
JigglyPuff

As for the "bottom tier" section?

Palutena
Mewtwo
Ganon
Mii Sword
Zelda
Dr Mario
Mii Gunnner
Samus

What do you think? Agree or disagree? Sound off in the comment section below!

Results: https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-2Z6NQ8T2/

Last edited:
Top Bottom