• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Then leave again when he realizes this game has problems.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would wholeheartedly support that then.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Then why am I still here???

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Lylat was fine in brawl and is fine in smash 4. It stays.

I HATE dream land. The wind has messed me up so many times. But it is still gonna be legal.

Kinda excited about Ryu/Roy/Lucas. It's gonna be a good Sunday!

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
I love Dreamland
The wind messes you up because that's what happens when you stand next the ledge the whole game
It's fine, just get good scrub.

Last edited:

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Hyped af for Ryu and Roy to be out. I can see myself playing both characters. Excited for tomorrow!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Assuming they actually are out tomorrow and not say, during E3 time. Get to wait two extra days. I would be amused.

And Dreamland should be considered. Its blastzones have definitely been reduced, seem close to BF's.

How will TGC be affected?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm hearing conflicting opinions on DL. I'm hearing it's blastzones are Melee-levels. :applejack:

Xyro77

Whatever characters or stages are available for download are legal for TGC.

Ryu
Roy
Lucas

DreamLand
MiiVerse

Remember, I use FSL so it's pretty much just adding 2 stages to the list.

If DL is melee DL, it will counter vertical KO characters

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm hearing conflicting opinions on DL. I'm hearing it's blastzones are Melee-levels. :applejack:
They seemed like BF levels. I would assume the game uses the same pre-set stage sizes as in stage builder, like Brawl did. I dunno.

But Focus Attack...it could be the best DownB move in the history of Smash, barring counters.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Dreamland definitely looks smaller than Melee. This DLC will now give me 3 battlefields. Beautiful.
we Melee now

Xyro no one wants to full stage strike with your disgusting scrub stagelist. You are pretty much guaranteeing that all sets start on smashville so people don't risk starting on halberd or wii fit scrubland.

If this was Brawl where the counterpicks heavily favored mid tiers (and metaknight), it might help the balance for game 1, but smashville is the strongest starter for top tiers and the deepest counterpicks are ALSO strong for the top tiers. You are just making it entirely worse for the flawed characters to have a shot at taking a set from the lame tryhards.

Xyro77

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Anyways, If you guys want me to revert back to a ruleset that has CP stages and neutrals, I can.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Anyways, If you guys want me to revert back to a ruleset that has CP stages and neutrals, I can.
Dear god, yes. Please do the smart thing. Allowing the possibility of CPs on first game (like Wuhu, etc) is silly.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Please go back to the 5 starters of neutrals and have a CP list. People who actually use the Full Stage Strike method literally wastes upwards to 5 minutes deciding. Your tournament would run slower if every set actually did it. Plus you run the risk of game 1 always starting NOT on a neutral which is dumb. The CP system is there for a reason.

Anyways, I'm going to actually dive into Ryu for real.

Xyro77

Please go back to the 5 starters of neutrals and have a CP list. People who actually use the Full Stage Strike method literally wastes upwards to 5 minutes deciding. Your tournament would run slower if every set actually did it. Plus you run the risk of game 1 always starting NOT on a neutral which is dumb. The CP system is there for a reason.

Anyways, I'm going to actually dive into Ryu for real.
Not starting on a neutral is a possible outcome of a FSL rule. That is one of its key feature. Get good at all legal stages and complain less.

Xyro77

TGCalt.jpg

Hey, everybody! Xyro here.

Texas largest tournament series (TGC 3) is only 7 days away (June 20th). I need to cover a few super important things in this post so please read everything.

1. Have you seen the Smash 4 character/stage leaks? Roy (fire emblem) and Ryu (street fighter) are confirmed to be playable characters in Smash 4. The stage DreamLand 64, Ryu's stage and Miiverse stage will also be playable in Smash 4. A patch comes out tomorrow to enable all of these features to be played. Some free DLC (miiverse stage) and some is paid DLC (lucas/roy/ryu) will be ready for download. If these characters and stages are available BEFORE TGC 3 (next Saturday) then they will ALL be legal at the event.

2. Full Set-ups (wiiu+tv+ssb4+adapter). As always, TGC 3 will need as many full set-ups as possible in order to run smoothly. If you bring a full set-up, you will get half your venue fee back and/or get free drinks from ABK. Also, If Roy/Lucas/Ryu/new stages are available before TGC 3, it is expected you have as much of that DLC as possible. It is NOT REQUIRED but highly recommended. The ONLY thing that IS required is that your WiiU MUST have the most recent update. These balancing patches are mega important to have.

3. Please be at the venue by 10am for sign-ups, checkin, practice and setting up. I will be there at 9am so if you would like to be there THAT early you can. We can practice together or talk or whatever you want.

4. There is an Ike/Wario/Lucas challenge at TGC 3. If any player reaches top 5 and he/she went ONLY Wario or ONLY Lucas or ONLY Ike.....he/she will receive 50$ from me on top of whatever you make from the pot. I do these challenges at alll TGC events to promote/reward character usage.

5. I will be challenging Trela's MiiSword to a $50MM vs my Samus. I have never lost to Trela in a Smash 4 tournament or MM. I will win.

6. For more info on TGC 3 (rules, times, prices and more) please go here: http://smashboards.com/threads/jun-...-lucas-wario-ike-challenge-houston-tx.402642/ If you have any questions, PLEASE message me, tag me or something. I will help you in any way i can.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Xyro there is nothing wrong with full stage striking. There is something wrong with YOUR full stage list. All legal stages should be treated the same if they don't duplicate the same circumstances (omegas, wiifit/colis), but you have terrible stages legal and everyone tries to just shy away from it.

And btw, smash 4 has top tiers with fair/nair chains that last until they run out of ground. On walkoffs this is waaaaaaaay easier than chaingrabbing or waveshining into the blast zone. Sheik can literally just fair people 5 times into bouncing fish and kill from anywhere.

You aren't even adding jank that helps the little guy. Its just more **** we have to ban against sheik/diddy/sonic/ness.

I think you should go to a 7 stage starter list maybe, but only if miiverse isnt a complete clone of battlefield.

Xyro77

Xyro there is nothing wrong with full stage striking. There is something wrong with YOUR full stage list. All legal stages should be treated the same if they don't duplicate the same circumstances (omegas, wiifit/colis), but you have terrible stages legal and everyone tries to just shy away from it.

And btw, smash 4 has top tiers with fair/nair chains that last until they run out of ground. On walkoffs this is waaaaaaaay easier than chaingrabbing or waveshining into the blast zone. Sheik can literally just fair people 5 times into bouncing fish and kill from anywhere.

You aren't even adding jank that helps the little guy. Its just more **** we have to ban against sheik/diddy/sonic/ness.

I think you should go to a 7 stage starter list maybe, but only if miiverse isnt a complete clone of battlefield.
Wiifit and colis are NOT the same. there are several differences. if everyone shys away from the "bad stages" then its all good. nothing to worry about.

fair chains lead to KOs on walk offs? learn to strike/ban stages better? dont wanna waste bans/strikes? pick up a CP character or ditto. do a gentlemans rule. there is always an answer. stop wanting to butcher a brand new game because you suck ****.

You literally just said if we want to go back to how it was then you can. Well we want to.
out of the 80+ active members in the scene, less than 5 ***** about the rules.

learn to strike/ban better
train on all stages
lean to CP better
learn to ditto

Last edited:

Xyro77

If you allow walkoffs, enable woolly world bridge of eldin yoshi island melee garden of hope boxing ring windy hill zone etc.
Mostly woolly world.

there is a line. its a fine one but there is one.

leave TOing to me.
ill leave yoshi to you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom