• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
So I was hesitant to watch Daredevil at first because I thought it would be similar to Arrow which is awful but it's surprisingly really good and not corny at all. Plot is moving forward at a steady pace and the character development is moving forward as well.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Will you ever avoid me AvoiD senpai
Have you noticed that we've been at 4-5 of the same tournaments and I never said a word to ya...

Lol kidding. You shared your pity dessert with me. We bonded in a way that only you, CT, and I will understand.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Good lord Mewtwo is light. Apparently lighter than Game N Watch? Why? I'm kinda mad his smashes aren't absurdly safe on block like GnW then.

edit: @ Xyro77 Xyro77 Samus ftilt has something resembling kill power now? Gone are a days of ftilting people at 180 for nothing? Also are these new middle of the leg hitboxes useful for something? It makes the sound effect of a jab. Would this give her jab locks at any percent maybe?

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
yet so powerful, this kirby was giving me a rough time then i upthrew him at 82 he died

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Have you noticed that we've been at 4-5 of the same tournaments and I never said a word to ya...

Lol kidding. You shared your pity dessert with me. We bonded in a way that only you, CT, and I will understand.
Nothing compared to that teammate bond though(;

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Onion, out of kindness, you've gotta stop liking all these posts unless you genuinely find something favorable about it. It's getting annoying and I know that you use it as fuel, but the feeling might translate over to an actual in-person setting and I'll end up doing as my name says whenever it comes to you. You're a cool dude, just don't overdo it.

Mewtwo is mad fun. Anyone down for some matches later? Add me on skype if you have it. Username: ohsowr3ckless
Sorry. But do as everyone says, ignore me.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
edit: @ Xyro77 Xyro77 Samus ftilt has something resembling kill power now? Gone are a days of ftilting people at 180 for nothing? Also are these new middle of the leg hitboxes useful for something? It makes the sound effect of a jab. Would this give her jab locks at any percent maybe?
It doesn't really have kill power but it kills when it should now. Does that make sense.

As for the new f-tilt, it's broken up into 4 parts.

HitBox 1: Crotch or inner thigh= does low damage and jab like sound/knockback. It is terrible.

HitBox 2: the knee= better damage and knock back.

HitBox 3: the foot=better damage than HB 1 and 2.

HitBox 4: the toes= best damage of the 4. Adds 1% more damage than the max damage of the previous patch more knock back to. This is a buff.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Mewtwo definitely feels mid-tierish right now. He has good power and kill potential, but being big, slow, and light are all attributes that scream bad in this game. His recovery is also garbage. Definitely fun and has amusing tools, but it'll be a while before a good Mewtwo will dominate.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Onion, out of kindness, you've gotta stop liking all these posts unless you genuinely find something favorable about it. It's getting annoying and I know that you use it as fuel, but the feeling might translate over to an actual in-person setting and I'll end up doing as my name says whenever it comes to you. You're a cool dude, just don't overdo it.

Mewtwo is mad fun. Anyone down for some matches later? Add me on skype if you have it. Username: ohsowr3ckless
I ignored him and dont see the notifications anymore. He literally must not have a life or a case of bad OCD

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Mewtwo definitely feels mid-tierish right now. He has good power and kill potential, but being big, slow, and light are all attributes that scream bad in this game. His recovery is also garbage. Definitely fun and has amusing tools, but it'll be a while before a good Mewtwo will dominate.
Recovery garbage? what? He has confusion jumping, Ness double jump and then palutena teleport. The distance is amazing and he can get to alot of places safely.

But yea, he doesn't have the safety you would expect from someone so light. Rosalina is heavier, safer, stronger etc. and it works out fine for her.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Recovery garbage? what? He has confusion jumping, Ness double jump and then palutena teleport. The distance is amazing and he can get to alot of places safely.

But yea, he doesn't have the safety you would expect from someone so light. Rosalina is heavier, safer, stronger etc. and it works out fine for her.
Let's play.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*calls security on man dating 5-10 smasher and one turtle*

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
So as you guys may know, Link got nerfed hard in this patch. Second hardest nerf after Diddy actually. Cannot jab 1>smash/tilt/grab anymore. Tested this out in some friendlies. Jab 2 to smash is simply much worse and doesn't work at all on most characters (only works on big chars). Was this an overreaction to the jab lock? Either way, this pretty much puts all hope of Link in mid tier off the table. Still does pretty decent in dubz I guess.

I'm probably gonna have to find another main to actually win stuff, but don't really want to resort to Sheik or other top tiers. I'm really liking Greninja though, thoughts on him?

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
So as you guys may know, Link got nerfed hard in this patch. Second hardest nerf after Diddy actually. Cannot jab 1>smash/tilt/grab anymore. Tested this out in some friendlies. Jab 2 to smash is simply much worse and doesn't work at all on most characters (only works on big chars). Was this an overreaction to the jab lock? Either way, this pretty much puts all hope of Link in mid tier off the table. Still does pretty decent in dubz I guess.

I'm probably gonna have to find another main to actually win stuff, but don't really want to resort to Sheik or other top tiers. I'm really liking Greninja though, thoughts on him?
You obviously like Link a lot. Why not play Toon Link?

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
lmfao

BC's location: On the ledge.

Perfect

and I'm sad about Link too Knife...really felt like he had some potential. Jab being nerfed really sucks

Azula

Smash Cadet
Meanwhile Yoshi can still jab 1 > any smash attack. Poor Link... getting the shaft in every smash game

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
Top 3 is no order is Pikachu, Yoshi and Sheik. Yoshi is and has been really good.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Do people forget ZSS Sonic Fox Falcon Ness and Diddy exist?
Cause all 6 of those characters are still better than Yoshi.

Unless the ledge getup attack buff is so huge it makes him finally claim the top 3 spot scrubs and japanese claim him to be.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Yoshi's disgusting safety and power may see him get some use in NA from some new blood.

I think old school Yoshi mains are too focused on what he doesn't have. HIs smashes are safe as hell on shield, he does tons of damage and his aerials OoS are nasty. DJ armor gets him out of all kinds of stuff too.

@ Knife8193 Knife8193 Greninja has problems getting kills too. I don't think you would enjoy him if you like linking frame 6 moves into kills because it wont happen so easily with him. I think Link is fine. He still has amazing power and weight and you just need to be more aggressive for kills.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Is mewtwo actually lighter than G&W like I heard because that's actually kind of awful

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
He is for sure one of the lighter characters in the game. He really is a glass cannon, which is bad.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I am not surprised. I was dying to early stuff at around 80%, which is silly in this game. But when Mewtwo has rage and a fully charged Shadow Ball hits someone at mid-high percents like around 80%...prepare thy anus.

But he seems to be glass-cannon archetype for sure.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Confusion stops Rocketbarrel. Mewtwo counters Diddy.

It's silly that BF is his best stage.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe

You could stick with Link, learn to adapt to the changes, and find new situations in-game to abuse with him. Look at Xyro.

Tbh I don't know much of your playstyle but I'm guessing it's more defensive and patient than aggro. The char is constantly moving too. I'd say look into Toon Link or Duck Hunt Dog. If you were to give in to top tiers, prob Pikachu or Ness. You'd be a monster.

Last edited:
Top Bottom