• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Welp, customs confirmed off, definitely can't be legal if a character doesn't have any. This would create unfair bias against Mewtwo.

Huehuehue

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Trash, bad character confirmed.

Alex, keep waiting. The codes are going our in batches. They give codes to new gens last.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Supposedly aerials cancel the animation of his double jump if you do it at the beginning of it. It is supposed to go set distance due to the ending part, but because the animation is canceled, you go go higher than originally programmed since there is no ending animation to stop the "lift" from the double-jump. Basically, same concept as DJC Melee but it causes you to rise higher.

At least that's how I imagine what is happening. It's a clever abuse of physics.

Last edited:

Trela

Smash Lord
has anyone still not gotten their codes yet? like me...
I haven't yet, either. I'd think we'd all have our codes by the end of the day.

When it comes to this balance patch, I see a lot of bias for Sheik now and surprisingly a good number of players instantly assuming she will become a problem like Diddy was. I almost feel like the only non-Sheik player in the world that does not believe she is as good as everyone makes her out to be, and to those who are looking to pick up Sheik in hopes for any kind of free wins, they better think again. She's certainly amazing, but no true, reliable way of consistently getting KOs along with rage from her opponents will always put her back in her place. I've seen it and experienced it time and time again.

I always like to remind myself that most of the supposed top tiers in this game are basically made up mostly of mid tier characters from Brawl (Sheik/Fox/Sonic/Ness/Luigi). I know it's not best to compare the two games, but when these characters play just the same as they did before.......is there really anything to fear? Diddy was the only character in this game that felt above and beyond the others. A grab could end up as a KO for him at even as early as around 50% even on the neutral stages. No other character came close to something as amazing as that was.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's good to see some care being put into balancing the game. The game will never achieve true game balance, because that's impossible with how characters are designed. But I am surprised Nintendo cares this gen.

Now go thank Nintendo by buying the inevitable Mewtwo amiibo.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
mewtwo's side B is -5 on hit, person getting hit by it acts in 25f mewtwo acts in 30f
positioning is strong though. I don't think anyone has a guaranteed punish on as they are hovering in front/above. I expect some characters to escape pretty easily if they have a good special for it like bouncing fish or spring.

still a very strong tool to beat shields, projectiles and attacks. its got some killer range and you should have few chances in a stock to see how your opponent reacts to getting hit by it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Confusion is a command grab, so it'll never be bad. When are command grabs ever a bad thing to have? Also means no chaining them.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
i definitely think diddy/sheik are a more manageable top tier than prepatch diddy, so it is more balanced.

i just don't agree with the universal nerf to kill throws on other chars (rob/ness/sonic/etc) i'd rather have power buffs so other chars can catch up to diddy/sheik.

and i think rosalina is still a problem for too much of the cast

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Grabs are just OP in general in recent Smash games. Brawl gave the ******** super armor. In this game, you still can get an advantage if you exchange hits with a grab.

Melee did it right. Grabs should always have low priority over attacks. They should be used to counter shielding and rolls, not used as an active approach tool that is safe.

Throw kills are too good for this reason alone. They are fine if in small numbers.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
That's the nature of fighting games,delx

At least the patch watered down an obvious problem.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I never had a problem with Rosalina so I might be biased on that.

Mewtwo's shadow ball does MAJOR shield damage. Maybe more than charge shot, but his shield pressure seems weaker than Samus.

Maybe some nairing and downtilting could soften them up safely.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
D-tilt with Mewtwo feels so safe. And yeah, shadow ball does more shield drain than Charge shot.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
His tail is part of his hurtbox from I heard. Just punish his tail.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Dtilt's far hit doesn't feel like it sets up for anything.

But the point blank hit combos into uptilt from like 0-40 and jab at maybe 0-10.

His jab is usable, but I think I'd opt for dtilt or uptilt when someone is very close to me.

Ganon's dtilt also isnt disjointed, you can grab his leg but its still a good move.

Mewtwo's tail moves away pretty quick, i dont see it getting shield grabbed.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Mewtwo isn't my style, but he feels much better designed that other characters. Like every option has more than one purpose and with some true flow to his setups and combos.

Is there frame data for his advantage from side B under platforms? It just drops people directly into a tech chase.

Disable is a projectile? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkP8NHCDI4M&feature=youtu.be

This looks pretty hilarious for villager to pocket. Having trouble using disable in general though. The fact that it does literally nothing to people facing away from you sometimes limits its use to punish things.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Funny how he feels better in this game but is basically the same from Melee with some tweaks.

You can pocket his Shadow Ball, fthrow, and his Disable. It's not part of his body, so they probably classified Disable as a projectile, like Force Palm's aura part.

Last edited:

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
disable was a projectile in melee as well.

if you play vs lv9 cpus they powershield it and stun you.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Guess that means Ness can bat it back. Hilarious.

Grapevine

Smash Rookie
NNID
ButtOut
Mewtwo feels like he was ripped directly from Melee. He even has the same sound effects.
The patch tweaked DK and WFT's ****boxes and both of their crazy customs are unnerfed. Smash gods smiled on me today.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I was wrong, far hit of dtilt goes right into fair at mid percents.

He has alot of combos, you just have to react to DI quickly and choose the right option.

I really don't like ftilt though. SO laggy. I'd take Samus/Pacman's over this easily.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Mewtwo can jab -> [dash] grab on a character with any amount of damage.

Does anyone know exactly how much he weighs? Or the power multiplier for Confusion? I was doing a ditto earlier and a reflected fully charged Shadow Ball broke my shield.

Oh and Mewtwo's foresight animation is as hilarious as Wii Fit Trainer's.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Combos in training are not always valid. No DI plus no stale moves effect.

Still, Mewtwo looks interesting. I read he can walljump. Biggest buff right there, and that's sad.

Confusion multiplier is 1.4x from what I read.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Why has has a wall jump I do not know. His recovery is very good with the confusion hop and no ledgehogging.

I just killed a falcon at 40% with dthrow to fair and then I just naired and dragged him too low to recover.

I dont know if nair holds people in so well though, I was getting out with diddy pretty easily

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
mewtwo jab grab doesn't work on 3f aerials (you have to shield if they do them, even if you want to do jab dtilt or something) but jab almost always puts people in the air. so if you know they don't have a 3f air move go for it.

knowing which side nair pops the other person out at is pretty tough

no nair landing hitbox like in melee = weird things happen if you do nair near ground (inconsistent if they get hit upwards or end near the ground. if they end near the ground mewtwo is probably minus)

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Onion, out of kindness, you've gotta stop liking all these posts unless you genuinely find something favorable about it. It's getting annoying and I know that you use it as fuel, but the feeling might translate over to an actual in-person setting and I'll end up doing as my name says whenever it comes to you. You're a cool dude, just don't overdo it.

Mewtwo is mad fun. Anyone down for some matches later? Add me on skype if you have it. Username: ohsowr3ckless

Top Bottom