• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Edit: After drinking and playing smash with Nicole, I ended up using nearly every character in the game. Pac Attack seems kinda fun. So my question to you all is, does Pac fit my style of play? Or rather, can he be played like samus?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Pacman can be pretty hit-and-run if you want to play him that way. He has some interesting bonus fruit shenanigans combined with the hydrant and his recovery can be hard to punish if you're tricky about it. He also has some nice combos.

The real question is: CAN YOU FUNCTION WITHOUT ZAIR?

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Melee didn't either.

The champ remains undefeated.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion

Xyro77

Pacman can be pretty hit-and-run if you want to play him that way. He has some interesting bonus fruit shenanigans combined with the hydrant and his recovery can be hard to punish if you're tricky about it. He also has some nice combos.

The real question is: CAN YOU FUNCTION WITHOUT ZAIR?
Zair is bad in this game so I am not to worried about losing it.

Xyro77

Probably only staying in Houston with a mix of San Antonio and maybe a blue moon Dallas when my family is threatened.
I always provide for my city. As shown at TGC, I even bring you OOS/OOC players. No need to go elsewhere unless you dominate here in this city.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Brawl never had any of these problems with controllers

Brawl > Sm4sh
I seriously agree with this. As much I hated brawl, sm4sh makes me miss it. Only thing sm4sh did right was ness and sheik

edit: and take snake out

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
and killed marth.
and buffed sonic.
and gave yoshi OoS options :p

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
"As an example, look how awful it was when asma's Yoshi performed so highly at Apex this year. Now competitive players will also have to divide their time to learn more about a previously overlooked character, and the competitive scene will surely suffer as a result. Asma's Yoshi was the worst thing to happen to Melee in a long time, and an ill-omen for it's competitive future."

This is definitely a troll post.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Heads up everyone, Gamestop is taking preorders for gamecube adapters to be released in May. I just preordered 2. I imagine there going to sell out hella quick so go while you can.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Wow got my Sharagu Magala plate on my first run on the offline quest. Says it's a 1% drop lol.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, I got one too first try and another the second time I fought him for fun.

I got 3 Plates yesterday before carving a Japer from the 5 HR Zinogres I solo'd, and I still need at least two more for weapon upgrades and will probably need more for the future...and I still need to get HR S. Zinogre's armor. My fate is forever tied to Zinogre.

HR does not mess around in this game, you can get two-shot'd even with decently upgraded armor.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Getting Shiggy Miggy's tail isn't hard if you learned regular Miggy's movement pattern. Mounting him obviously helps as well. You can actually carve tails from the body, which is kinda booty.

I need to work through Caravan more. Doing these low-rank quests with HR monsters is tedious. But until I get these Jaspers...

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
After work maybe. Need to go back and get dem checkmarks.

Last edited:

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Backstory for anyone wondering why Flippy is liking everything all of a sudden:
image.jpg

Now, who do you think will win? Place your bets, people! #LikeThisPost

-10 year old

Last edited:

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Magik moved to Austin and won their weekly last night, prolly their best player now. He uses wario too.
His Wario looked solid, and he may very be the best player in Austin. Although, I'd be a lot more convinced if it wasn't a weekly.

@XYRO I heard a lot of negative feedback about you and how you ran the tourney at the atx weekly... It kinda made me mad, because I know for a fact you run quality tournaments.

@Houston what's it like to play with 3 stocks?

Xyro77

His Wario looked solid, and he may very be the best player in Austin. Although, I'd be a lot more convinced if it wasn't a weekly.

@XYRO I heard a lot of negative feedback about you and how you ran the tourney at the atx weekly... It kinda made me mad, because I know for a fact you run quality tournaments.

Wait what? ATX? What are you talking about @ PantyRaider08 PantyRaider08

Last edited:
Top Bottom