• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
My friend has 2 extra unopened American Rosalina Amiiboos. Anybody wanna buy them?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Does he have an extra Lulus, opened or unopened?

This amibyss (amiibo abyss) needs one.

Last edited:

Xyro77

http://apex2015smashwiiu.challonge.com/singles

Correct me if I'm wrong but is this the top 16 character usage?

Diddy x4 (zero/m2k/aerolink/Ally)
Sheik x2 (MrR/nietono)
Ness X1 (nakat)
Fox X1 (nakat)
Robin x1 (nairo)
Pit x1 (nairo)
DuckHunt x1 (mvd)
Pacman X1 (Abadango)
Yoshi x1 (amsa)
MegaMan x1 (ninja link)
Rosalina x1 (dabuz)
Sonic X1 (6wx)
????? X2 (jtails/false)

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Jtails is diddy. False plays sheik and I'm not sure if he won any games with other characters.
Ally should have Mario next to his name and mvd just took a game off amsa with lil Mac.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
My flight got cancelled for tomorrow due to snow storm coming. I am flying back to Houston today!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Congratulations to the Holy Diddy Empire for winning Apex doubles.

They're funding the real Diddy Room project now.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

It's time to end it all. That or 7 more years.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Too bad the Holy Diddy Empire grows stronger with each new convert.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Abadango did a serious match with me before he fought Aerolink. Said I'm a good Diddy. I am happy.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Community needs to tighten up on what happens between matches. If you have a 6 minute timer on matches, you should not allow 4-5 minutes for coaching/counterpicking. This is not pokemon, we value making smart decision quickly in this genre and its absurd that people are running 2 stock but allowing this much bull**** outside of the game anyway.

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
most expected grand finals ever. LOL. dabuz forgot how to upsmash,which couldve net him some games. too bad he never adapted to zero's approach.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
wonder why he didn't go rosa?
sad 6wx didn't get past dabuz ;/

Teshie U

Smash Lord
In the long run, no matter how hard these other Diddys practice their cheese tactics, its still just a cheese.

Bring me your Wii U.

Xyro77

I've been watching the melee stream for the Nintendo "announcement" did I miss it?

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Looooove how all these melee people were crying about smash 4 taking so long whenever Melee is taking just as long, if not longer.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Looooove how all these melee people were crying about smash 4 taking so long whenever Melee is taking just as long, if not longer.
At least Melee top 8 didnt have a council of elders popping in between every single match for coaching. That was ****ing crazy.

Also can you, Trela and Gnes bully Houston TOs into running less ******** rulesets please?

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Yeah, if you count that out, Smash 4 might of taken less time. If that's how the Melee people are going to act at these major co-game tournaments, I'm slowly going to start to drift to only wanting Smash 4 only tournaments. It's ridiculous how any game that's not Melee gets treated.

What are you talking about exactly Tesh?

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Stagelists, 3 stock (i like) 7 minutes (math?).

Xyro wants cheese to be a viable counterpick strategy. There are tournaments with Wuhu/Skyloft legal but castle siege is banned. Somehow there are tournaments with coliseum and wii fit studio legal but not Yoshis Island (inconsistent ruleset).

Xyro is going to kill 3 stocks in this region the same way BC is going to kill custom moves. He says this game is faster than Brawl, then he proceeds to camp his ass off as hard as possible. Then he complains when someone stops him from camping.

You three are our most respected players. Help our TOs better understand this game, so that they make the most educated decision about their rulesets.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
look im down to switch up things tesh. i always thought wuhu and skyloft were decent counter picks but i guess castle siege is more popular. ill always give the players what they want i have no secret agenda

Zori

Smash Champion
I mentioned the 3 stocks 7 mins debate to him at dinner, I would love 8 mins but his argument was that people would still abuse it and time out. While this is true I think we can work on the ruleset to make sure more games have a resolution

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Its crazy that TWO stock matches at apex went to time...despite the fact that neither sides were really camping. Whether or not there's a timer there, people who want to camp will. 7/8 min doesn't matter to them, but it does matter to those who play and the matches are literally taking that long due to w.e reason.

A min extra really does help, a whole lot can happen in that minute. And extra minute also makes it that much harder to camp, an extra minute means more chance of error for the camper and more time to figure him out as the "campee". An extra minute to finish sealing a stock, instead of being forced to rush down the opponent. An extra minute to build damage so your KO actually kills, especially since when you die you have no rage and that makes killing so much harder.

A minute can make a big difference (:

Last edited:

Xyro77

I have no problem doing 8min instead of 7. But events will last longer especially when you have 50+ entrants.

Also, if someone is going to time you out, they will do it regardless of what timer is available. I know the newer TOs won't know this but it's true,

Edit: stages will stay the same until there is a reason to remove some. I have no issues adding some either.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Does anybody know what the Nintendo announcement from Apex was?

Xyro77

Club Nintendo just added like 50 digital download games. Full Wii/WiiU/3ds games along with retro ones. HOLY F

Go register your products and spend those coins cause the program/ability to get coins goes away soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom