• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Glide toss and jump cancel glide toss are different.
You slide/glide while tossing an item. It works the literal same way as Brawl. It's a glide toss.
Gamestop screwed me but Fry's came through and I found a Fox amiibo. Pit and the Big 3 are left.

Any update on For Glory 3??

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
It's not the same. DEAL WITH IT

I also got second. Lost to Denti 3-2 on the first set of grand finals.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Flip has been glide tossing for over 6 years and said its not the same aka he agrees with my true statement.

BOOM! Suck it, nerds.

And yeah flip I saw that you lost, it's ok man. No worries at all. You did very good!!!!

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Glide tossing can be done OoS because its cancelling a roll, JCtossing is done out of a dash so its not quite as much of a reactive defensive option.

Otherwise its just a sliding item toss, but the fact thats it an OoS option makes a huge difference.

So, Nike has confirmed housing for next week. Can I jump into a carpool for SAM? I'm free all saturday and I need to know what time carpools are leaving and coming back so I can plan accordingly? Any drivers confirmed for this?

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
I'd be interested in joining/starting a carpool for SAM. Never really done one for Smash, but sounds fun. My car's a 2 door so probably only 4 can fit comfortably in it (maybe 5, but it is a 3 hour drive so..). Let me know if you're interested. I'm up for whatever dates.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yes, I would also like to know who is driving, gas money is no problem. Would prefer to go and leave same day, but I understand it may not be feasible.

I'm losing more and more interest in singles sadly...

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
So I saw Captain America: Winter Soldier for the first time since it was first released and boy oh boy. It is definitely Marvel's best movie to date and blows Avengers out the water. If Captain America actually died, it could possibly rival The Dark Knight.
1. The Dark Knight
2. Captain America WS

Then it kind of drops off after that. Those 2 are the most quality hero movies to date.

Ok, for SAM 1, WHO IS WILLING TO DRIVE? I NEED NAMES TO SEE IF I CAN ORGANIZE SOMETHING. POST NOW RATS. AND IF I GO, I'M LOOKING TO STAY AT LEAST ONE NIGHT.

Same day drives are so draining and potentially dangerous on the drive back.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Yeah I wanted cap (or anybody) to die in that movie. Would have sealed the deal as best marvel movie imo.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
I ****ing hate Sonic in this game man his mixups are bull****
And I loved Winter Soldier it was great I should watch it again

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
started on the amiibo hunt, picked up luigi and diddy today, looking for c.fal specifically rite now

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Check Gamestop and Amazon. Stores should be restocking soon since Christmas happened not too long ago.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
RT are you selling/loaning your old capture card? I want to record matches that me and Xyro had, but no capture card.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Hey Houston, I'm housing you guys and corpus for SAM1. I'll be at the venue Friday afternoon (no later than like 7-8pm) but at my house afterwards. I think Corpus is staying friday night to sunday whenever and Houstons welcome to do the same.

Address:
5551 Lost Lane
San Antonio, TX 78238
210 324 4295 (call or text is fine)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
RT are you selling/loaning your old capture card? I want to record matches that me and Xyro had, but no capture card.
Yeah, I could let you borrow mine or I can just record next time you bring your Wii U to an event. I really wish Nintendo would release a patch to share replays already, assuming they are even planning to.

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Yeah, I could let you borrow mine or I can just record next time you bring your Wii U to an event. I really wish Nintendo would release a patch to share replays already, assuming they are even planning to.
Either or is fine. I might be going to SAM with a setup.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh shoo, hype increases.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
So I saw Captain America: Winter Soldier for the first time since it was first released and boy oh boy. It is definitely Marvel's best movie to date and blows Avengers out the water. If Captain America actually died, it could possibly rival The Dark Knight.
1. The Dark Knight
2. Captain America WS

Then it kind of drops off after that. Those 2 are the most quality hero movies to date.

Ok, for SAM 1, WHO IS WILLING TO DRIVE? I NEED NAMES TO SEE IF I CAN ORGANIZE SOMETHING. POST NOW RATS. AND IF I GO, I'M LOOKING TO STAY AT LEAST ONE NIGHT.

Same day drives are so draining and potentially dangerous on the drive back.
I can drive. Max capacity for my pool would be 4 more people. I can work around whatever dates, but I also prefer to stay one night as well. I agree, same day round trip drives are not good. It's like 6 hours of driving combined with a tournament in the middle. I'm pretty sure any driver would be exhausted.

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Alright so it looks like I will be having a carpool to SAM 1 in San Antonio this weekend as well. I can only take 3 people in my car (4 including myself). There is a middle back seat but my car is too small to have a comfortable trip. I will be going to Nike's house Friday night and planning to stay Saturday night as well and head back to Houston Sunday morning. Gas will be $20 per person as that's how much it takes to fill up my tank. I will obviously be driving with a full tank from the start. I just want to get a list of people interested in who wants to be in my carpool. I got Trela and possibly 1-2 other people but not confirmed so I post away if you're interested.

Looks like Knife can have a carpool as well (good stuff for stepping up). We need carpools like this to have good OOC representation. So who all wants to go? Y'all got some options now.

Tesh

Smash Hero
im interested. i work friday night but i may be able to get out of it if needed

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Razer or Flip, I would be interested in riding with one of you. I have work on Friday, but I am usually at my house around 6PM fyi.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Unfortunate I don't have money to make the trip
Oh well
Good luck everyone that goes

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
He will secretly use the extra gas money to buy more Amiibos, WAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Xyro77

He doesn't want to go out of packet anymore than he already does for the trip/food/wear and tear on his car.

One trip to SA and back will eat up 1/4th of an oil change which is 40$ or
more when he decides to get one done. And the trip will put on mass mileage on tires....etc.

His price is justified.

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Absolutely not Xyro!
This price is far too low.
I suggest bumping the price up thrice fold!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
But...we all know it'll become Amiibo money. How else will he afford the Series 1 that he's missing?

I see thought the trickery, huehuehue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom