• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston ...Melee... Tournament: DSYB II (July 18th!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Wait for it lol We just had FS7 and Hobo 17 lol we need to wait a bit for a tournament. There should be a cool down period. If we don't then what happened last time will happen again. They'll just blow it off. And that OOS/OOC people will be like "Oh, we just drove to Houston/San Antonio and we don't want to drive that much in such a short time . . ."

SO yeah xD Hold off on this one. We still don't know if Allan is going to throw another melee sideevent at his next Hobo. We had 25 entrants at the melee side event. I think that is pretty good considering that we never got that many before when melee was THE event.

Not going to lie lol Allan is too good at this tournament hosting gig lol That was fun though. Some of those barwl matches were actually somewhat entertaining. So I had something to do while taking a break from ****** kids.

But I mean if an unexpected number of people show up to a smashfest then there should be no reason why we shouldn't throw one ;)

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Wait for it lol We just had FS7 and Hobo 17 lol we need to wait a bit for a tournament. There should be a cool down period. If we don't then what happened last time will happen again. They'll just blow it off. And that OOS/OOC people will be like "Oh, we just drove to Houston/San Antonio and we don't want to drive that much in such a short time . . ."

SO yeah xD Hold off on this one. We still don't know if Allan is going to throw another melee sideevent at his next Hobo. We had 25 entrants at the melee side event. I think that is pretty good considering that we never got that many before when melee was THE event.

Not going to lie lol Allan is too good at this tournament hosting gig lol That was fun though. Some of those barwl matches were actually somewhat entertaining. So I had something to do while taking a break from ****** kids.

But I mean if an unexpected number of people show up to a smashfest then there should be no reason why we shouldn't throw one ;)
Well yeah but you gota plan ahead. I guess it was fun, but i hated how there was only 2 melee TV's, which made a 2 hour tournament into a 4 hour one. Although we had lots of people for melee, xyro still says **** about us all the time, I seriously dont understand his logic...

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
don't take it so seriously dude, allan is a ridiculous person and jokes around a LOT.
Sorry, he just gets me mad because the way he responds to comments about melee. I use to go to his melee tournies and i feel like when Brawl came out, he kinda became an ***. He is a nice guy, but only to certain extent. I wont judge him however cause i know he just says that to get me angry, **** he's good. :laugh:

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Allan is cool lol I like him and he stopped with his actual Melee hate comments lol now he just jokes around with us unless we start crap without joking.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Lol he randomly came up to me at the tournament and asked if I was ok xD I was like o_O yes? But that was cool of him to check up lol Not that many people talked to me there.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Lol he randomly came up to me at the tournament and asked if I was ok xD I was like o_O yes? But that was cool of him to check up lol Not that many people talked to me there.
Well i think il go to his next event if he has melee, but il remmeber to not come during early brawl hours.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The sky is no longer the limit.

Play Melee!
You are always welcome to go to my tournaments. I can assure you that the skill level is not near yours so its free money.

Clue, melee aint comin back but i do kinda feel bad for it. Back when i was playing melee, we had problems(big time) trying to find a venue for an event. Now that there is a venue that i have available EVERY month, i see a chance to make up for what i could not get back when i played. Melee is dead(brawl is the future) and it will never reach its levels of the past but i will at least attempt to keep it from sinking.

syba, please keep the melee talk in the mele threads. ok? i aint mad or anything im just asking

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Lol sorry Allan but I saw the other people talking about it when I went by there. Sudahru? and Dojo and Lee Martin had been talking about it so I decided to jump in on that =/

But seriously...why don't your players want to help me get better at brawl? I asked so many times already lol

4 times within the past 3 days or so.

LOLOLOLOLOL No offense or anything but I was talking to a few girls the other day (since ima playa lik dat yo!) and for some reason we started talking about video games and then they started talking about Super Smash Bros. (this is without me saying anything so far) and so I asked them which one they liked the most. Three said SSB64 and the other 2 said Maylay baybay!!!!!!!!! Not really that way but they still said that Melee was their favorite and I asked them what about Brawl and here is what they said:

"I don't like the way it looks. And the levels are too random so I always end up dying"
"They move too slow, so does SSB64 . . . and then it's like we are floating half the time. " - 2 of them said this one being one of the melee girls and the other one from SSB64. Obviously the one that likes SSB64 didn't think it moved that slowly. The
"It's too hard to die."
"Melee has prettier colors" This one is my favorite xD rofl

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Lol sorry Allan but I saw the other people talking about it when I went by there. Sudahru? and Dojo and Lee Martin had been talking about it so I decided to jump in on that =/

But seriously...why don't your players want to help me get better at brawl? I asked so many times already lol

4 times within the past 3 days or so.

LOLOLOLOLOL No offense or anything but I was talking to a few girls the other day (since ima playa lik dat yo!) and for some reason we started talking about video games and then they started talking about Super Smash Bros. (this is without me saying anything so far) and so I asked them which one they liked the most. Three said SSB64 and the other 2 said Maylay baybay!!!!!!!!! Not really that way but they still said that Melee was their favorite and I asked them what about Brawl and here is what they said:

"I don't like the way it looks. And the levels are too random so I always end up dying"
"They move too slow, so does SSB64 . . . and then it's like we are floating half the time. " - 2 of them said this one being one of the melee girls and the other one from SSB64. Obviously the one that likes SSB64 didn't think it moved that slowly. The
"It's too hard to die."
"Melee has prettier colors" This one is my favorite xD rofl
Same here, its kinda weird how Brawl has so many peeps but most people i know at school that know nothing about Video Games like melee better. and ofcourse the ocasional who like ssb 64.

You are always welcome to go to my tournaments. I can assure you that the skill level is not near yours so its free money.

Clue, melee aint comin back but i do kinda feel bad for it. Back when i was playing melee, we had problems(big time) trying to find a venue for an event. Now that there is a venue that i have available EVERY month, i see a chance to make up for what i could not get back when i played. Melee is dead(brawl is the future) and it will never reach its levels of the past but i will at least attempt to keep it from sinking.

syba, please keep the melee talk in the mele threads. ok? i aint mad or anything im just asking
Although i know you have good intentions, dont keep saying melee is dead because the fact its still here and people play it ,means its still alive. And yeah, thx Xyro for helping us out with having tournies we can go to.:bee: Good job:lick: Nice to know that you are now willing to help instead of trying to kill us :ohwell:

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Lol I think the game is dying....but not like dead...though it is pretty close to dead in Houston xD

But a few of the brawl players want to play melee too...And I want to play brawl now. I was watching some videos that convinced me xD

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I've tried to go back to Brawl a number of times but I'm just as disappointed each time...too many obvious programming flaws.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Like what? Tripping makes me mad themost but other than that nothing really bothers me
Lol i would advise you to play the game for atleast a week straight before you start to notice how boring it really gets. Although i have tried numerous times to give it a chance, it aint working for me. And melee will not die because of Brawl, the only way it might die is if another smash is released that is actually better than Brawl, which doesnt seem like such a hard task :laugh:

Jake13

Smash Lord
brawl is fun. just not as a tourney game.

and nowhere near as fun as melee.

like if i were to get reallllly drunk at a party n everyone wanted to play brawl, i think i'd have to hop on it.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
LOLOL o man....funny story about a Party and Brawl xD

And yeah =/ dude jake what happened? Where have you been go post on the other thread.

And the game is all right lol

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
If anybody was willing to come to Pasadena/Deer Park, I could give you a definite date for a tourney.
7201 spencer highway, pasadena, tx 77505

Who would come out here? I'm hesitant to make anything happen since last time I held a fest, only about 6 people came and half of them were playing Brawl :mad:

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
If anybody was willing to come to Pasadena/Deer Park, I could give you a definite date for a tourney.
7201 spencer highway, pasadena, tx 77505

Who would come out here? I'm hesitant to make anything happen since last time I held a fest, only about 6 people came and half of them were playing Brawl :mad:
Well that sucks 0.0 yal wana meet up in xyro's tourney? pound some Brawl noobs at melee? =D

Velox

Smash Ace
Hey Clueless, I live at UoH main campus and could come out and play with you guys one day. I haven't played in a long time though, but I'm kinda bored :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom