• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Sybawave

Smash Ace
<_< Why don't you lol you did the last tournament you are better at it than I am...

I don't know anything outside of the TYS other than melee so that still wouldn't work...

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
I just remember four stocking him last time lol

But I mean I guess he has gotten better but I haven't played you in a while either Jake.

And LOLOLOLOL! PAUL ***** MY *** TODAY!!!!!!!

Johns on my ears hearing 8hours of techno though lollolol that was really fun. We should all go to the Brawl board and thank Dugfinn.

But dam lol he did a good job.

Thanks for showing up all the melee players that did show up...

Cesar Kage Void Dawn Fear Kailo...Kailo's friend that I don't know his name because I forgot to ask xD Bebobli and anyone else who showed.

Thanks for the special appearance by XALA!!!! Good stuff lol get back into the game son

Dawn still being the best team partner ever.

I don't type that much lol

Hate you Velox....we had so many people there playing melee it was awesome

O AND another shout out to Jerm and his Young Link lol surprising good job on learning the game so quickly and becoming so good in such a short time lol Credit probably goes to you training with Roy R though =P

Not sure who else I should shout out too.....

Pretty much gave Kailo his shout outs on the 45 minute drive home....

James and Jake and all the other people who didn't come to this....YOU ALL SUCK!

Lol come to the next one guys. This venue was legit aside from the 8 Hours of techno you must endure =P
its too bad i dident get to play on melee syba i waited like 4 rounds in line realized that the line was freckin long and only teams was goin on, no one seemed to want to play singles. so instead i went to play sum brawl and pawn sum scrubs with xzalla....we tried to team ups for melee but we went to grub instead........next time xzalla and i will pawn in teams XD

dawn001

Smash Ace
Well we don't run our own tournaments...last time we had De Angelo running it and he was being a homo about melee teams.

I vote RT or Dugfinn run melee next HOBO. Now let's all go complain to Allan xD

And yeah melee teams is really fun lol The hard part is finding who your partner is...it's like trying to find a nice girl...there are so many and even the hottest girls can be suck girlfriends...you need just the right person...isn't that right Dawn???

And DAYYYYYYYYUMMMMM James getting off on people lol $10 says he goes to the Brawl thread to troll their ***** now lol Right after I post this I'll come back and tell you if he did or not =P

And Lee tried to use Marth on me too lol bad idea...

James like ***** his Falco like harcore....

Lee doesn't have any good characters outside of Fox it would seem...His Falco sucked when I played it and his Marth wasn't that amazing.

And he might know the Peach vs Marth match up pretty well so that would explain the Marth and not Fox pick. But of course you had to go and use DK lolololol Veterans and their trix xD
whos down playing this week???
am down for sum teams..

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
'''im down''! you down Shock ;D?.......................wait ima be at oni-con this weekend guess not but im down next week XD

Sybawave

Smash Ace
" guess not but im down next week XD"

Typical Houston response....

Anyway wow I don't post and this is all you can do? Four messages in a day lololol wow Houston sucks ***...

Shok you don't deserve to come because you suck too much....

Dawn is barely good enough to want to play with...

Void....quit this game lol

Xzalla...that's how you spell his name lololol what did I type before? Xala?

Anyway lol we need to have a smashfest...not this weekend but the next weekend...Seriously whoever plays this weekend is either way too dedicated to this game or they have no life...or they're playing a different kind of "smash" ;) eh eh lol

I can play pretty much after this weekend...preferably Monday/Wednesday...I can play Tues/Thurs but it won't be for a long time and I won't drive a long distance to play...Friday is a never for me lol Saturday depends on if I was told ahead of time Sunday is a lazy day...so no lol

Smashfest...soon! Dawn...I think you should put this together since you are the only one who can find places to play. Unless someone else wants to do this...And there aren't that many places I can find without venue fees in this area...

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
well me and paul are playing at my house tomorrow, anybody who wants to come feel free. i can't have TOO many people over though, and there will only be one tv. sooo von, tarzan, kailo, if yall read this and wanna come just let me know

edit: von sometimes i wonder if you're serious when you put down other players like that :\ i hope you're ready for this swift, violent **** that's in store next time we play.

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
if i dident already have somthing better to do this weekend i would play......goin to oni con somone bring the melee or i bring the copy and somone a tv.
Cesar lets bring the our game to melee epic matches ^_^
xzalla see you there as well lets team together ganon and peach combonation FTW!!!!

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I want in on this tomorrow James lol And Tarzan is gone...RIP =/ ***** him too hard he had to move to Louisiana xD

And I'm serious about the trash talk lol but usually whatever I say in the process is a lie =P and if I do say someone sucks then it's because I'm being honest and trying to critique them or something like that

You can't set anyone straight with Luigi...that character is just too funny to watch/play against to ever take seriously...His dash attack is the best lol

"goin to oni con somone bring the melee or i bring the copy and somone a tv.
Cesar lets bring the our game to melee epic matches ^_^"

That's a pretty good idea lol if you can't go smash bring the smash with you xD

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Countdown to Test Your Skills 5 has begun. 1 week left and im hyped. Dont know if you all have seen the new space but here it is--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1c-sFz7H3I I want to see some of the best melee action houston has to offer. Wait, can it be. I might get Roy R to enter melee. We shall see on the next episode of Houstons Melee Finest. HMF...

Ps: Does anybody know if SideEffect still plays. I would like to see him and roy r go at it a couple of stocks...

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Watching a washed up pro and an even more washed up player fight each other? That's just extra money for the pot.

And we'll try to get SideEffect to go lol

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Uh...Timerbomb...I'm sorry to have to tell you this...but Tarzan moved away to Louisiana ='(

Jake...wtf lol O well looks like I have this one in the bag ^_^ Teams at least is a definite in the bag.

And you will make more money at the tournament than you will at work that day anyway lol I'll let you have 2nd place Jake

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
aw man lol, didn't know that

and i can only come to the tourny at like 1ish so that's probably too late...ugh next time

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Don't worry lol I think we started at like12 last time and if we do have teams this time you'll be on time for one of the 2 events xD

So...who all went as what this year?

I went as Squall from Final Fantasy 8 ^_^ O and Renaissance Festival today too xD That's where I got the Gun Blade for the costume lol I threw it together last minute and everything xD pulled out leather jacket black pants ghetto looking bling lol twas amazing

Jake13

Smash Lord
tbomb, the tournies always end up starting at like 2:00, you def have time to make it.

i wanna go sooo bad, i don't even care about singles, i just wana play me some teams yayuhzz,

me n oscar got this ish on lock don't even know.

on a side note, happy halloween, i went to a sweet az concert, what'd yall do?

lol sybasquall

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
im coming a little after 1 probably, try not to start early lol
We wont. I like all the players to get as many friendlies in as possible so that way they can be prepared to go to "WAR". Also, The return of Roy R to melee. I was at his crib yesterday and he said "If he gets beat real bad, he go into training mode on yall boys". What am I saying.

Bounty time: Whoever 4 stocks roy in TOURNAMENT ONLY gets a "prize". Could be Cash or something better. You never know with me. :chuckle: I mean **** his *** all through the screen. Roys Face on ground is what I want to see. I doubt houston can do it. Im calling out all the top current melee players to do so. If you think you got what it takes. Come win this PRIZE...

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
duhhhh deangelo, that's like written in stone somewhere
Lol i know. I just wanted to see if you would take my bet.

Is the next Hobo at Funplex again?

come on, if Roy_R enters, he'll win..
Yes its at funplex and Roy R is rusty. I think he will do good but we will see what happens. Not calling anything out until I see him in action. Remember so that everyone knows, 8 teams must be "ready to go" for teams to happen. Im running 5 games so everything MUST start on time in order to keep everything organized. GET HYPE!!!!

"Melee aint dead, its just sleeping. Time to wake it up"

Sybawave

Smash Ace
LOLOLOLOL so much hype....but from what I've heard someone of my status or possibly even a little lower should easily be able to 4 stock Roy_R. The only problem is not eliminating one another before getting to him xD

@James:No...............................................................YESSSSSS

And the only reason he would ever get top 5 is if there were only 5 players entered or maybe a few extra really sucky ones but I doubt that will happen.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
LOLOLOLOL so much hype....but from what I've heard someone of my status or possibly even a little lower should easily be able to 4 stock Roy_R. The only problem is not eliminating one another before getting to him xD

@James:No...............................................................YESSSSSS

And the only reason he would ever get top 5 is if there were only 5 players entered or maybe a few extra really sucky ones but I doubt that will happen.
This sounds like you want to be the 1 to do the job. I like that. sybawavy will be 4 stocking mr. roy r and winning my prize. Yess i found someone that wants to get hired for the job. Dont make it look to easy. Pleaseee....;)

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
if sybawave and royr played 20 matches i predict sybawave could win the first 4-5.

and maybe a few more 5-20

altogether maybe winning half

then never winning again

cuz he plays like a mo

cept all this is also written in stone

just sayin

**** brawl :O?

Top Bottom