• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

oscarmalherbe

Smash Cadet
yeah that was my shiek but i was having a bad day. your ganon was highly skilled too.. but wtvr.
im still down to moneymatch anyone 5$ ya'll can't touch my anything now. i've been watching smash videos

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Attention my fellow smash bruthers. Please bring full setups for melee. I repeat please bring full setups for melee. I want to run this tournament smooth tomorrow so everybody be there on time. Just want to wish everybody good luck tomorrow. Let get this "LOOT" for "09" BAYBAYBEEEEEEE!!!!!!

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Having your tournament on the same day as SideEffects is not a great idea DeAngelo (did I spell that right?)

I figure most people will be wanting to play him cuz he's got a title to defend as Houston's best melee smasher. And he won't be at your tournament, he'll be at his...

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Having your tournament on the same day as SideEffects is not a great idea DeAngelo (did I spell that right?)

I figure most people will be wanting to play him cuz he's got a title to defend as Houston's best melee smasher. And he won't be at your tournament, he'll be at his...
You spelled it right. I heard his is a smashfest were mine is an actuall tournament. I had my day planned for some time now so if I dont see you all there. Ill see you all next time at Hobo 17 or some other time. Its fine with me:chuckle:

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Mine will be a tournament as long as a decent amount of people show up. Never did I officially call this a smashfest. Your info is flawed greaty good sir.

Besides. Im ****ing SideEffect. No one will go to your tourney ;(

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Flawed. LOL What is flawed about my info? It says bright as day what going on. Im not going to argue about whether you are having a smashfest or not. If people want to support your TOURNAMENT aka SMASHFEST then go. It doesnt bother me any. Remember , I do this for you all. Its your GAMBLE/FUN. Not mine sirrrrr.... And I will post results later...:p

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
Kage is having a smashfest at his house tomorrow!!

When: June 28th at 2 o' clock pm.

Where: 4719 Trevor Hill Dr, Houston, Harris, Texas 77066

Everyone who is coming should bring some setups for more games so there won't be a shortage of TVs to play on.

If you have any questions and want info just contact Kage at (281) 948 - 0919

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
Mine will be a tournament as long as a decent amount of people show up. Never did I officially call this a smashfest. Your info is flawed greaty good sir.

Besides. Im ****ing SideEffect. No one will go to your tourney ;(
Flawed. LOL What is flawed about my info? It says bright as day what going on. Im not going to argue about whether you are having a smashfest or not. If people want to support your TOURNAMENT aka SMASHFEST then go. It doesnt bother me any. Remember , I do this for you all. Its your GAMBLE/FUN. Not mine sirrrrr.... And I will post results later...:p
wow there ronnie calm down. de angelo was just informing smasher about his tournament too no need to be an *******. I'm sure he didn't even do this intentionally, it just happened that both of you had it the same day.

Kage is having a smashfest at his house tomorrow!!

When: June 28th at 2 o' clock pm.

Where: 4719 Trevor Hill Dr, Houston, Harris, Texas 77066

Everyone who is coming should bring some setups for more games so there won't be a shortage of TVs to play on.

If you have any questions and want info just contact Kage at (281) 948 - 0919
I'll be there tomorrow

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I got 3rd out of 5 today at Airbrushking's thing....and I am a complete noob lol.
There were about 14 smashers at Ronnie's place, and 9 entered the tournament. I think I got...fourth place? Yeah. I lost to Jake.

First: Ronnie
Second: Jake
Third: Mouf (not worthy of a real name)

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Glad to see Ronnie had a good turnout. Results from PnT. 1st/Gness/2nd/Gea/3rd/Tallman. I will start doing melee airbrush controller bags real soon. After I get back from evo. There is so much i have planned for the houston smash scene. Will give details later.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
he counterpicked himself, that's all
Yeah, he banned my one potentially good counterpick, and I made a bad choice after forgetting that he's good with multiple high/top tier characters. Unfortunately, you will see the match online soon enough :/

Since he won the set, he's better than me, that's all. Not for long though > = )

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
i'm working on switching the bottom of a platinum controller w/ the bottom of a black controller
will anything screw up?
*that is if i don't screw up =P*

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
i'm working on switching the bottom of a platinum controller w/ the bottom of a black controller
will anything screw up?
*that is if i don't screw up =P*
No, just make sure you put everything back where it belongs. I have a white front and a purple back.

The most important thing to note is that you need to keep the triggers aligned with their corresponding slider switch thingy when you put it back together, otherwise the trigger won't work.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
Would anyone happen to have a gamecube controller screwdriver?
somehow i managed to open one controller w/o it (b/c i'm too good)
but the other one is pretty tough if i'm not using the three sided driver (nvm i suck haha)

Gea

Smash Master
Would anyone happen to have a gamecube controller screwdriver?
somehow i managed to open one controller w/o it (b/c i'm too good)
but the other one is pretty tough if i'm not using the three sided driver (nvm i suck haha)
They are like literally 80 cents on dealextreme

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Ok, so Winners Finals from the tournament have been up on my youtube page.

Also, I was just looking around on youtube and found this vid that some random made WITH ME IN IT! When did I give anyone permission to use a clip from my videos :p http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vn1A-9aYxE

It's ok, at least he thinks I'm one of the elite PIU dancers.

Gnes

Smash Master
Brawl is so abusable.
Vik...r u still sexy at melee :)

Im gonna start coming to more melee stuff. The game never lets me down. Gea...were playing tommorow...no buts.

edit:watches vid in his sig...**** son

Sybawave

Smash Ace
So guys....I am back <3 miss me?

xD I hope you all miss me...because I am going to need to spend a lot of time with y'all since I suck so much at this crappy *** game...god why can't this be like barlw =/

Who wants to help me get back into shape? I can take more than one guy ;)

I should totally start with the people that suck the most...does anyone know where Ronnie is? =P

James Ronnie you up to play?

I don't like playing you Paul...it's too easy with my Marth ^_^ (<--- invite to kick my ***)

Did we get new people playing this game or something?

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I don't like playing you Paul...it's too easy with my Marth ^_^ (<--- invite to kick my ***)
F*** yeah dude, lets play today! I really prefer just playing one guy at once, that way you get more practice time in.

Bring your Marth, I'll show you what's up > : D

Top Bottom