• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

MT_

Smash Ace
Jake said all 4 Houstonians (Jake, Oscar, Pawl, Tirno) got knocked out of round 2 pools, each getting 4th seed =(

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping to get back on the Melee horse... or stallion, whatever sounds masculine lol
Any future tournaments coming up, besides WHOBO? I know I won't be able to make that one.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
We should have a melee tourney the day of Whobo...

I don't feel like paying a 30 dollar venue fee, let's make it happen.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Lmfao Johns???

You can have a wittle CPU tournament on your own.

Austin suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss jk <3

Houston suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Truth.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Are you actually content to dish out 30-50 dollars for a one day side tourney run by a brawl TO? Because it certainly doesn't sound worth it to me.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Allan? The guy who ran all of the tournaments for melee before? I'm pretty satisfied with that lol and who said that you had to just be there for melee? It's an anime convention. Nuff said lol

MT_

Smash Ace
M2K the guy that got rocked by PP 3-0 in only 5 minutes?

I'm so sad that PP destroys M2K like that :( poor Marth

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I looked at the rankings and I guess the score keeping was kinda f***ed up in my pool. I may have gotten 5th cuz I tied with another player who got one more 1-2 than I did. I hate falcos, lol. There were too many.

I still got 1st seed in R1 pools though. So that should bump me up a bit, haha. There were no Falcos :p.
I sucked at powershielding that weekend for some reason.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Actually, I looked at the rankings and I guess the score keeping was kinda f***ed up in my pool. I may have gotten 5th cuz I tied with another player who got one more 1-2 than I did. I hate falcos, lol. There were too many.

I still got 1st seed in R1 pools though. So that should bump me up a bit, haha. There were no Falcos :p.
I sucked at powershielding that weekend for some reason.
Falco is broken. The next jiggs woot

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Grinin: I would say go to WHOBO. Some of the brawl players still play melee so that only adds to your turnout plus you get a chance to see who will **** m2k in brawl and melee which should be epic. All of houston melee players are going so you should go.

Test Your Skills 15 (Salty Runbacks) is April 9 so I will create the thread this week once im done with some other promo. Everybody whos going to whobo, have fun for me. I may end up going just depends on who all is going for the crack 3.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I'll probably end up going then john endlessly about how much it costs. I'd feel better bypassing TOs and just giving my money to M2K. xD

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
if you go to whobo youll have fun.

if you go to whobo youll spend alot of money.

if ur stupid youll go to whobo.

many people are stupid.

melee is a good game.

Jake13

Smash Lord
kailo quit hating on whobo.

we all know your opinion.

all your doing is making people weary of going to a great tournament.

we get a giant venue, an awesome TO, and there will be plently of OoS for brawl playing melee.

i don't care if you don't go cuz you think it costs too much, just stop whining about it and let those of us that are looking forward to it do so in peace

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Anime Matsuri? I was gonna go just for the anime, last year I had fun. Hmm if I dont work I might just go to play alittle melee.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
So does anyone know if M2K is even actually coming to WHOBO or not? I tried asking at the WHOBO thread and got completely ignored.

Jake13

Smash Lord
yo who wants to come up to austin with me n oscar on March 12th?

they're just having a smashfest but ima go and kick it n whatnot.

those that come with will have to ccrew battle tho, rep houston n shiz ya digg?

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
TYS Mvc3 March Series @ Smileys: All information about the series can be found (HERE). Also, this week will be single elimination/3 out of 5/1$ entry/winner takes all. I will be starting the tournament at 9:30 so get there ON TIME cause I will not be taking any late signups. If we get 40 people the breakdown would be 39$/1st place/2nd/1$. There will be alot of new people joining us so i ask everyone to be there at 8:00 to get casuals in. I will be sponsoring 100$, top 3 winners of the exhibition will split it 70$/20$/10$ on march 30. Will let everyone know more info as the dates move closer in. Time to start the new promo campaign so we can have 50+ every week now. =]

New Wed Fight Night Flyer/Print/Cut in half/Pass out to friends--> http://i54.tinypic.com/6z7m2h.jpg

Top Bottom