• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Jake13

Smash Lord
Where's vash at?

Me n oscar are always permapartners at any event we go to, but if you can find him a partner that's on my level maybe he'll switch it up this once ;]

Also, I'm stoked the valley is coming up for this foshodo

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Does anyone else hear that stink of an old smasher who's probably related to Benedict Arnold?

Jake sucks in teams. Had Fro and I played against him instead of you and Vash we would've taken second place. Syba > Jake

Or I can just take Oscar which is usually better in teams anyway since he doesn't laser me to death all the time or spike me 3 times in one match.

MT_

Smash Ace
For some reason I remember beating Jake and Sybawave at IT with JF as my partner.

Get ***** son.

Get ready for teams this Saturday. You guys don't even know...!!

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Oscar team with me. I'll leave MT for you <3 or just team with someone really suck. All of the pros are handicapping themselves it would seem.

Broly is taking on the burden of having Jake as a teammate.

I'm taking MT.

You should take like TSC or someone.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
<_< if that's a team then I just might have to ditch MT xD I already saw him get wrecked by Cloud on those videos that were put up 2 months after the tournament.

Crews? xD I'll be here for this one lolol

Jake13

Smash Lord
aight yo EVERYONE be there by ONE

we need to start at TWO to get thru all three events... foreal this time lolol

MY MOCK UP SCHEDULE:

12:00 - Players should start showing up
1:00 - Registration will open for DOUBLES and SINGLES
2:00 - DOUBLES starts
2:30 to 3:00 - SINGLES starts
5:00 CR3WS begin
6:00 Friendlies, money matches and more!
8:00 - Raising Caine's with the homies

i think this will be good (singles might go on longer because of the brawl, ssv4, or other side events) either way we need a crew battle this time. I'm leaving around eight, maybe later if crews is still going on, and going to caine's. everyone always has an outstanding invitation to come along :)

if anyone has problems with the schedule say so now so we can fix it. I'd really like for us to have a smooth tourney for once.

PS. If anyone wants to help seed/look at/monitor the brackets, feel free to make them with me :]

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
(((TYS 13/DEC 10 UPDATE)))

TYS 13 will NOT be held upstairs! We are returning to the room we originally started in. The room is located in the bowling alley area. Directions: Come into funplex parking lot and look for the bowling alley area. Enter the building through the bowling alley and we are the 1st door to the left. A person will be at the door to give you your wristband. If you are bringing setups, call or text me at 281-690-0315. This is going to be HYPE so BE ON TIME! See everyone 2morrow...

Broly: Yes, I will make sure you have a table. Cant wait to see you **** some fools 2morrow =].

defsithe

Smash Ace
It was nice seeing/playing y'all again, sad to hear gabe is leaving.
Also it was cold as balls when we got kicked out of caine's lol

1st vash
2nd broly
3rd Jake
4th nt
5th cloud
5th ?

Doubles
1st vash/cloud
2nd me/broly
3rd Jake/Oscar
4th ?

Jbunk423

Smash Rookie
No no no no no no no no this is not good. Mouf is returning to the scene and cleanin up this mess. Also...who is cloud?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
The guy who beasted Jake and Oscar since they suck so much and decided to just **** up the first crew battle I was ever in T.T

And you can't beat me anyway lol you have no hope so go back to your other game with all of your 13 year old followers.

Broly

Smash Lord
SHOUTOUTS [results thread missing?]

Jake13- GGS boy. loved hanging with you and the h-town crew. next time we'll do the marth vs falcon.

Mt- Getting them chaingrabs on our Isai, TOO GOOD. Sorry for the way our set went. ill teach ya soon.

Oscar- I am so salty after our MM. Next time lets do it again. great chillin with you.

Syba- your fox is sexy. great seeing ya.

Defsithe- We wrecked in doubles. =D

Pawl- thanks for your recordings and games. you are too good with that ganon. [take care of my cube =[ ]

rest of h-town crew- you all are pretty chill smashers. cant wait for the next tourny. THX Airbrush for putting up another great tourny.

RGV, Aka cloud, ***** in crews.

defsithe

Smash Ace
i loled
Defsithe- We wrecked in doubles. =D

RGV, Aka cloud, ***** in crews.
this

mikey's shout outs
houstonians

jake- remembered me from HOST. too good! also good matches first round.

oscar- you took my two dollars >:/

gabe- you didnt remember me even though we met each other lots of times :(

MT/NT?- you wrecked cloud, too good. also good stuff in teams, me and broly were sweating when we were at game three.

tarzan- beat me again

valley

vash- good ****

broly- universal peace too good

cloud- get chain grabbed more please

mikey-beasted in dubs, suked in singles :(

Sybawave

Smash Ace
We don't ever have a results thread lol this is the results thread for Hobos. Although it would be nice to at least have the results of the tournament. Placings, Brackets, etc. I guess it is time for the shoutouts now ^_^

JakeXIII - I hate you. MT and I let you have that win against us in those teams matches. Legit fights btw lol good **** both of y'all =P

Oscar - lol you suck

TSC - Your Falcon is too good =P

Noc - lololol we had some hella fun matches ^_^ that's how I like playing melee xDD we need to use some other codes next time though rather than just the stage ones =p

CluelessBTD - Ganon is the dumbest character ever. He's too overpowered. Or at least you make him seem that way xD

Tarzan - <3 don't hate me bro? Good team matches

G@be - T.T I'm really depressed that you're gone now. I mean the only old players left are Jake, Oscar, James, Kalo, and Ronnie if someone can find his body. Have fun in Kentucky =D

MT_ - dumbest partner I've ever had on my team before. We could've done better if you had opened your eyes a little wider! Great job on being a Sephiroth and beating Cloud though =p hella epic upset that went completely unnoticed due to Vash vs Jake I think.

Kalo - you and I need to practice some time during this Christmas break along with that other slanty eyed kid and another friend of mine who also coincidentally happens to be slanty eyed =P

Tree - Great job on your first tournament Tree =D I'm happy to see how you did against the rest of the Houston crew lol beating Paula and what not that was epic even though you didn't win the set lol he's good though so no worries ^_^ just remember what I said, you're aiming for where they are standing and not aiming for where they will be standing when you attack. I'll try to get to that side of town more often and train with you =D until then keep up the tech skill =p

Vash - ...it was about a year ago that we last played lol I almost beat you then xD this time...I was pretty far off T.T lol too good bro

Defisthe - Great teams matches lol I can't believe you made a come back from that 2-0 that we had on Broly and you lol totally unexpected xD neat little Pikachu that you have there too. Should think about giving it a Thundastone

Cloud - We didn't play that much lol just that Falcon Marth fight in crews xD

Broly - lol you went Super Saiyan on us in those team matches like you said you would lol we were so sure that we would win too! 2-0 with a hella convincing lead each time? Dam lol knocked us off our high horse fo sho xD and I guess we know who's GC that was that was left behind. We were asking around to see if anyone knew whose it was =/

I can't remember anyone else that was in the tournament at the moment <.< my baddd

Sybawave

Smash Ace
syba make jeremy play smash when he gets home i don't want him to get rusty lollll
I shall try my best xD we've always had a hard time getting together with him while he was home though <.< he's told us many times that we have a better chance to play with him over there in St. Louis than we have here. Maybe that'll change though lol I really wish that y'alls classes didn't end so late though T.T gayest thing ever amirite?

By the way, we should try our hardest to get Allan to let Melee be there at Whobo <.< just in case M2k does come we might actually get some OOS people to come like OK and LA possibly even more. Just a thought.

Broly

Smash Lord
I shall try my best xD we've always had a hard time getting together with him while he was home though <.< he's told us many times that we have a better chance to play with him over there in St. Louis than we have here. Maybe that'll change though lol I really wish that y'alls classes didn't end so late though T.T gayest thing ever amirite?

By the way, we should try our hardest to get Allan to let Melee be there at Whobo <.< just in case M2k does come we might actually get some OOS people to come like OK and LA possibly even more. Just a thought.
ive been going to whobo last 2 years. Xyro usually attends only friday and saturday, and sunday is left open for other random tournys. last time, m2k was there sunday n i 4got melee[worst day ever]. I DOUBT he'll let melee in, but maybe we can have 2-3 setups after brawl officially ends.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Last Whobo he said he would let melee in and then he canceled it like a few days before Whobo happened lol it was hella gayyyy

But yeah that sounds like a plan =P

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
I will post the results thread with the full bracket shortly. Thanks to everyone who continues to support test your skills series. The next one is jan 8 so train up everybody...

Brolly: Good **** in ssf4 and melee. Nice seeing you clean some clocks =]. Will give my shoutouts in the results thread...

darkatma

Smash Hero
yeah late break sucks
I can't even go to "don't go down there jeff" because my break starts so late

and yeah i play jeremy a lot over here loll. I'd like to think he's improving quite a bit

Jbunk423

Smash Rookie
Okay guys lemme make a few things clear:

Syba: I don't even own brawl. I played it for a couple of weeks with my roommates then had to give it back. I've never entered a brawl tournament, I just played it for a little bit. I still wreck, ask Paul (although we don't usually get to play much when he comes down). Syba, I am going to **** you harder than its ever been thought possible for these brawl comments. I'm a busy man and don't get to play melee too often but I still and always will wreck.

Broly: I think you still wake up in the middle of the night in cold sweats, having nightmares about getting up thrown - fair'd by my awe inspiring DK. Enjoy your victories while they last sir.

I am accepting MM's from anyone in houston or RGV who think I've gotten rusty. Specifically Donkey Kong MM's. Maybe I'll just go all DK next tournament to show you dudes what's up.

(most definitely won't go all DK)

Top Bottom