• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

dilling

Smash Apprentice
The best Falcon in Houston aside from Side Effect is me.

But Jake and his friend Oscar might be there and they're a'ight
Von, don't overhype yourself. You're good but not that good. TSC's Falcon is better than yours.

And yes, Rayzorium is getting back into melee according to Velox.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Grinin: There's so many Falcons in Houston it's actually kind of cliche...
So I see lol, but I'm definitely going to continue pursuing cf as my main anyways. Although I need to work on my falco, marth, and pikachu seeing as those are the characters I play most besides falcon...

Sybawave

Smash Ace
You should probably narrow those down until you have a firm grip on one of the other characters. Start off with 2/1 and then move to more characters.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
You should probably narrow those down until you have a firm grip on one of the other characters. Start off with 2/1 and then move to more characters.
Yeah, I pretty much only play those characters while messing around so I haven't been able to really choose my favorite. I really like pika as far as low tier goes, however I pretty much practice cf exclusively when by myself

Sybawave

Smash Ace
xD You should do the opposite of that and play with all of them by yourself and then just play Falcon when you're with people.

Axe is too good omg...but Pikachu sucks. G Dub ftw

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
xD You should do the opposite of that and play with all of them by yourself and then just play Falcon when you're with people.

Axe is too good omg...but Pikachu sucks. G Dub ftw
Yeah except whenever I 1v1 my friends with pikachu they get destoryed unless I'm playing extra horrible. Then again I don't really have anyone to play against who's better than me. In fact only one of them is on par or slightly worse than me and he pretty muchswitches mains every day from puff, to falco, to peach, etc so he never really makes amazing improvements with any of them. Haha, I guess that's why I want to go to tourneys. xD

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Yeah except whenever I 1v1 my friends with pikachu they get destoryed unless I'm playing extra horrible. Then again I don't really have anyone to play against who's better than me. In fact only one of them is on par or slightly worse than me and he pretty muchswitches mains every day from puff, to falco, to peach, etc so he never really makes amazing improvements with any of them. Haha, I guess that's why I want to go to tourneys. xD
When I first got into the scene, my practice buddy was a level one computer. Just use those and practice with everyone lol

I'm not sure if I'm going. If I do, then you'll have to find a ride up to where I am and a ride back to your place.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
I had a lot of fun today. So many good matches, too bad they weren't recorded. Thanks to everyone that came out to show that the Houston melee scene is not pathetic!

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Just because we showed still doesn't mean we're not pathetic xD did you see us playing at all? lololol jk jk guys

GG to all of y'all. Except that Slanty eyed kid who I kept ****** the entire day. Or that one dude who thought he could play Falcon but really couldn't.

By the way guys, I need results lol I can't remember who came after me lol I want to say

Slanty Eyed Kid
TSC/Noc

And I don't know who any of the other people were lol

Dilling
Jake
Me
TSC
MT
JF
Ray
Asian Falco
Roy R
Peach player
Noc

Well, we have all of the people who entered...so now y'all just need to come and claim your placements lol and also whoever you used. I'm only put down who I remember seeing. If it's wrong tell me and tell me who else y'all used.

dilling

Smash Apprentice
If I'm not mistaken:
1. Rayz
2. Jake
3. JF
4. Syba
5.MT
I'm not entirely sure after that, except that I got last seeing as I didn't win any matches.

But yeah, friendlies were awesome and I'll be more specific later.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Wow, so I went over there and saw you guys.
Then I was like, "Wow, that's intense."
So I couldn't approach. :urg:

I'm gonna practice and get basic stuff down before I go play with anyone. Can't even properly wavedash...

MT_

Smash Ace
Leaf! Don't be intimidated by our super small melee group haha. We're all really friendly and would have enjoyed your company. Seriously.

dilling

Smash Apprentice
Except for Von. He would have belittled you in compensation for his own shortcomings. But yeah, I'm pretty new to the smash scene and they're pretty chill.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Leaf! Don't be intimidated by our super small melee group haha. We're all really friendly and would have enjoyed your company. Seriously.
Could you be anymore homo pl0x???

Except for Von. He would have belittled you in compensation for his own shortcomings. But yeah, I'm pretty new to the smash scene and they're pretty chill
This is true xD but seriously lol come over =P Tree comes over and plays with us all the time so there shouldn't be any reason for you not to lol

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I'm going to have to agree with Allan there lol and maybe if you paid me my $5 that you still owe me for the car ride from that HOBO forever ago, then I'd offer you car rides again for the same price <_<

And we play all the time over on my side of town lol at least we used to until Summer ended. But I have a feeling we'll be more in Rayz area now so Pasedena and my area.

Broly

Smash Lord
I'm going to have to agree with Allan there lol and maybe if you paid me my $5 that you still owe me for the car ride from that HOBO forever ago, then I'd offer you car rides again for the same price <_<

And we play all the time over on my side of town lol at least we used to until Summer ended. But I have a feeling we'll be more in Rayz area now so Pasedena and my area.
you really *****in for 5 bucks

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
If I'm not mistaken:
1. Rayz
2. Jake
3. JF
4. Syba
5.MT
I'm not entirely sure after that, except that I got last seeing as I didn't win any matches.

But yeah, friendlies were awesome and I'll be more specific later.
thanks for leaving me out! >=0

Top Bottom