• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I never liked how they make the Melee tier list. It's totally different from how every other fighting game does theirs. They base theirs on matchups, while we base ours on tournament results. Tournament placings don't necessarily reflect how good a character is.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
There isn't a new tier list. The final one was made in 08.

LOLOLLOLOL THIS WAS MY TIER LIST I MADE IN LIKE 08 right after they made the other one lolololo finally wow someone has common sense xDDDDD

Told y'all Falco > Marth just like how Yoshi's Story isn't Marth's Story. It's just Ken's. Same thing with FoD being terrible for Falco lololol everyone is so slow.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
So I was at tomball college today, a girl was ****** at brawl(sad) .... one guy was playing smash64 by himself(even more sad).... and the saddest of all, melee was nowhere to be found. :(

*vanishes*

Broly

Smash Lord
Marth beats Falco. Ask M2k. Ask Shiz. Yea falco can camp, but there are ways out. when marth can gimp falco off of throw, thats all that needs to be said.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I don't know anyone good who thinks Falco beats Marth, or that the match is even. At best (for Falco) it's 6-4 in Marth's favor.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
So I was at tomball college today, a girl was ****** at brawl(sad) .... one guy was playing smash64 by himself(even more sad).... and the saddest of all, melee was nowhere to be found. :(

*vanishes*
Wow sounds like something out of a horror movie. Okay for everyone complaining about houston not having any smashfests we play at UH almost every week, so dont go johning about it, we got jake, blitz, and killa to come the other week, noc might be coming too this friday, so please Houston, dont john.

dawn001

Smash Ace
Wow sounds like something out of a horror movie. Okay for everyone complaining about houston not having any smashfests we play at UH almost every week, so dont go johning about it, we got jake, blitz, and killa to come the other week, noc might be coming too this friday, so please Houston, dont john.
I see lol.... Ok is it only Fridays or anyday of the week?

Shök

Smash Champion
.kk, Dawn.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
It's mostly on Fridays I think lol and they never tell us before hand anyway so it's not like it matters. Not telling us about it is just as bad as not having one.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
It's mostly on Fridays I think lol and they never tell us before hand anyway so it's not like it matters. Not telling us about it is just as bad as not having one.
What a lie, *looks back couple of pages in this thread

Dont worry soon i will... :laugh: Yeah von ur abuuuusive to falcons, gona play at UH today?
(directed at u syba...)

Aw, anyways just letting everyone know that Me, Dilling, and Velox play EVERYFRIDAY anytime between 12pm and the next day. If you all are interested in coming just PM one of us and we would be glad to help you find your way to the dorms. We definitely need more people, and yes you can never have too many falcon players, falcon mains are teh s3xy :bee:.
then again in the SAME PAGE

nuff said.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
What good is telling someone on the day off the said smash event?

We can't just blow off whatever we have planned to go play a game.

Also, it has been said many times that I can't play on Fridays. More important things to do.

I vote y'all move your UH thing to Saturdays instead xD

I knew I should've let Gabe beat me at that last tournament =/

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
What good is telling someone on the day off the said smash event?

We can't just blow off whatever we have planned to go play a game.

Also, it has been said many times that I can't play on Fridays. More important things to do.

I vote y'all move your UH thing to Saturdays instead xD

I knew I should've let Gabe beat me at that last tournament =/
LOL we all go things to do but you dont see me johning :/

Jake13

Smash Lord
von we're able to play because we make time to play.

you just complain about not having time to play because you're doing other things.

STOP DOING OTHER THINGS

Sybawave

Smash Ace
xDDDD I can't just stop having a life lol and like I said, if y'all would tell us a day or two before hand that would make things that much easier.

StoneColdBeast

Smash Cadet
Von, I have this philosophy that if you're our age (well, really any age, but ESPECIALLY our age) and don't have time to do something you love, you should just kill yourself (I realize you're just b****ing about Friday's though, also, I've texted you about things before, and the common denominator is always that you are busy..)

Jake's right btw.

dilling

Smash Apprentice
C'mon Von. Instead of complaining about the days that are the easiest for EVERYONE else, give us another day during the week (aside from Saturday) that you do have available and we'll see what we can do to accommodate your every need...

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Monday-Thursday assuming you tell me a day before hand lol each time y'all told me before it was always that day.

Smash tomorrow where? UH? I'll do that lol

Jake13

Smash Lord
Yo who's going to pound 5?

im buying my ticket in two weeks, it's gonna be around 200 dollars with tax n errthang.

the more ppl in one room the cheaper :) we're looking at 36 dollars a night for four peeps.

EXPENSES: ($$)

110 - for three nights (for four people in one room)

200 - flight (roundtrip)

50 - all entry (venue fee, singles and doubles)

10 - amateur buy (whatever pool you get knocked out in has it's own tourney)

40 - food estimate (a little more than ten bucks a day)

15 - random expenses (like if you forgot a toothbrush)

25 - beer money (yalready kno)

450 - total (everything you could ever need money wise for pound5)

I'm going. Oscar is going. Pawl said he was going. need more love.

oh yeah! its on FEBRUARY 19th, 20th and 21st

MT_

Smash Ace
Jake eliminate Mango, Hbox, Armada, and Mew2King for me please. Then tell them that MT trained you.

Top Bottom