• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
woot, good choice Xyro.

btw, Gayatri Mantra is supposed to a sacred Hindu mantra that only Brahman men are supposed to know...

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Lol it's all good Allan. We have a LOT of new players in the scene. We can help raise you in the same metagame that they're growing in. Tell us when the soonest you can play is. Around what area do you live now? Are you still around Mouf/Paul/my area?

We play in the University Center at UH, Allan. We play in the University Underground Center. There's a big lobby once you walk into the doors. You should be able to find us from there. What time(s) are you able to play?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
so do the tys tournaments also have a doubles portion too?

how often do you guys play? like once a week?

excited to be back, as well as meet new faces! :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Lol it's all good Allan. We have a LOT of new players in the scene. We can help raise you in the same metagame that they're growing in. Tell us when the soonest you can play is. Around what area do you live now? Are you still around Mouf/Paul/my area?

We play in the University Center at UH, Allan. We play in the University Underground Center. There's a big lobby once you walk into the doors. You should be able to find us from there. What time(s) are you able to play?
I pretty much can play every day of the week from like 9am till 3pm. im off on saturdays.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
The Phoenix has landed in Houston.

I'm over around Westheimer and 610, who exactly am I close to?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Oh. Well, that's neato.

I'm more or less free AT ALL TIMES because I'm not in town for long so odds are I won't be picking up any employment. I can drive myself unless somebody is super excited to be picking me up.

So yes. The games. Let us begin them.

Anyhow hit me up. Text me at 214-549-8486 and tell me who you are in the text, let me know and we'll play! I'm itching to, since right now I have the largest block of free time I've had in ages.

And just in general, assume I'd be interested to drive to any given tournaments that you guys would be interested in going to :) I pay for my gas and I don't crash cars!

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Hey Houston!
I'm driving into houston for a wedding. The wedding is at 2:00 on Saturday. Well I was hoping that either before or after the wedding (more likely AFTER if anyone is up late) I could get a little Melee in! Even a few sets would be cool, I'm missing out on two big tournaments in a row, Wedding this weekend, A-Kon next weekend, *sadface*
Ill be staying at the Hyatt on Louisiana street.

Anyone down?
Call or text 405 464 5348!

Also keep an eye out for Super Bit Wars, August 20th. Oklahoma's new fighting game series. Smash will be in full effect at this tournament (melee and brawl), were adding Marvel and other fighters to try to keep smash attendance high, because I really want people to feel their travel is worth it. We should have a bonus pot some cool stuff like free drinks and maybe pizza.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
What time is after going to be lol

Also, where can you play Wobbles? Can we go to where you are staying or do we have to play somewhere else? And how many people do you prefer playing with at any one time?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Can't use my place, unfortunately. As long as I can get a ride, I can probably go anywhere, and I can drive myself if it's relatively nearby.

I like playing with A GAZILLION PEOPLE but a few is okay if that's all you can get.

Hell if it's just 1v1 I don't care I just need lots and lots of practice. As long as you don't mind listening to ICs wavedash for seven or eight hours at a time. Seems to annoy most people after a couple games.

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
Hell if it's just 1v1 I don't care I just need lots and lots of practice. As long as you don't mind listening to ICs wavedash for seven or eight hours at a time. Seems to annoy most people after a couple games.
Aaah now I can't stop hearing it in my head. I wanna play Sunday evening! Who's down? I live in Baytown, which is probably about 45min away from you so I doubt you'd wanna come over here.

So basically...someone host something on Sunday so I can play Wobbles. Haha

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. I'm in houston at starbucks downtown.

I'm headed to the wedding, the reception should be over by 8 or 9, maybe even earlier. I'd like to carve out about an hour to play before I leave if anyone ccould have me and my 3 friends (2 dont smash but are cool) that would be great.

Call or Text (pref text) I really want to get some games in and feel like ive done more than stand aroun din a tux for 2 days.

405 464 5348. I have a cube, but no CRT, and I've checked out of the hotel!

Anytime anyone ends up in OK we will definitely be down to smash so save my number in your phones and hit me up.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Let's play Melee on Monday.

Sometime in the day? Before I head off to Little Rock.

I FOUND YOU ROBBLESSSSSSSS

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
DoH is hunting me dowwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Get the crazy man in the pink dress away from me.

(Also Landon, we played with one of the H-smasher's texture hack Wii and the main IC skin was TWO NANAS. Both in identical pink parkas. I thought you would want to know)

Diglob

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I just moved in.

I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to read the metro schedule here: http://www.ridemetro.org/SchedulesMaps/BusSched.aspx

I don't know where I am located on the list and I don't know where UH is on that list. I haven't really used buses before since I would normally just drive everywhere on my own, but I can't really do that anymore.
So, do you know where you are yet? >__>;

baka4moé

Smash Champion
do people just not see my posts or something wtf? this seems like a question most people could answer, i even tried asking on the tournament thread and airbrush king hasnt said anything.........

Top Bottom