• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread (Go to the Other One!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
i'd just like to ask 1 question.

For those going to the tourny on the 31st, are most of yall planning to stay for teams as well?

G@BE

Smash Lord
Esca...

Granted that I don't place high at BRAWL tournaments. You talk as if you actually have played melee competitively when i have never seen you at a melee tournament nor have seen any matches of you playing.

I don't play Brawl and that's the honest truth. Speaking of the last tournament i entered which was alex's tournament. I gave the match to Bear who wanted to playy the game more then i did. so i could just continue playing melee.

That's fine you can think whatever you like about me. It does not change that fact that you are most likely horrible at melee and could never actually get the hang of it so choose not to play cuz "its to cheap" or "wavedashing is a glitch".

I do think brawl takes some sort of skill to play. It's just a different kind of skill. Congrats if you are good... I have never heard of you placing very high at a tournament and if you did... it probably was a small one. I do very well at the game i play and thats all i care about. So play me at a game I actually play. Ill MM you for however much. 3/5 matches.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
i could probably beat some people in this thread after a week of melee to shake the rust off.

its about more than tech skill, lol i could just play sheik

Fun facts: esca did play comepetitive melee, and enjoyed it. The only problem was he started in around November and brawl came out in March. So, with the release of brawl, we both switched to the newer game that would last longer. With a new game came a new chance to be good instead of jumping on the band wagon 7 years too late.

another fun fact: he could barely touch me in melee before brawl came out. Now, when we get bored and feel like playing a dieing game, he does 100x better than when we only played melee(and so do i).

So the moral of the story is: "smash is smash. You get better overall nomatter what version you play. The only difference is the game mechanics differ from game to game."

fear17

Smash Apprentice
im glad u brought up cali cause i just went there 3 weeks ago.

brawl turn out was 179 players.

melee was 76 i think? when it used to be in the hundreds........

CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

melee is dead. sinking ship. you still have a chance to be saved. my arms are out to grab your hand. just ask and i will save you.
Agree with xyro Melee is dead even do i do play it sometimes

G@BE

Smash Lord
You could proably beat the lower melee players... but i do not think you could hang with people like

Jake
Oscar
Me
Mouff

=/

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
It's only dead where people are killing it. There are areas around the country where it is just as popular as it was a couple years ago. It will come back when people start getting bored with Brawl (that will happen because the game has so many limits.) It's only a matter of time. Either that or TMNT will be released and be AMAZING.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
i could probably beat some people in this thread after a week of melee to shake the rust off.

So, with the release of brawl, we both switched to the newer game that would last longer.
Thanks for your admiring contribution to this thread. Now get the **** out.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Esca...

Granted that I don't place high at BRAWL tournaments. You talk as if you actually have played melee competitively when i have never seen you at a melee tournament nor have seen any matches of you playing.

I don't play Brawl and that's the honest truth. Speaking of the last tournament i entered which was alex's tournament. I gave the match to Bear who wanted to playy the game more then i did. so i could just continue playing melee.

That's fine you can think whatever you like about me. It does not change that fact that you are most likely horrible at melee and could never actually get the hang of it so choose not to play cuz "its to cheap" or "wavedashing is a glitch".

I do think brawl takes some sort of skill to play. It's just a different kind of skill. Congrats if you are good... I have never heard of you placing very high at a tournament and if you did... it probably was a small one. I do very well at the game i play and thats all i care about. So play me at a game I actually play. Ill MM you for however much. 3/5 matches.
Nicely put, Gabe. Get owned, Brent.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice

Fun facts: esca did play comepetitive melee, and enjoyed it. The only problem was he started in around November and brawl came out in March. So, with the release of brawl, we both switched to the newer game that would last longer. With a new game came a new chance to be good instead of jumping on the band wagon 7 years too late.

another fun fact: he could barely touch me in melee before brawl came out. Now, when we get bored and feel like playing a dieing game, he does 100x better than when we only played melee(and so do i).

So the moral of the story is: "smash is smash. You get better overall nomatter what version you play. The only difference is the game mechanics differ from game to game."
LMAO. I call bull on every bit of this except the fun fact parts. Btw Noah, the second fact just proves he got slightly better but you overall just got worse.

Just for making me read all this nonsense, no seed for you.

Sorry for double post.

Shök

Smash Champion
How could you say this, Fear?

I though you weren't like the rest of the brawl players.

Also, Takeurlife, you still haven't answered my question.

I challenged you to a MM.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
What else would explain why I wreck? XD
cause all the good people went on to brawl....

xyro,seth,royr.....

and the other good ones dont care about meleeenough to keep up thier OLD skills

sideEffect,mouf,gabe

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Why put your own name on that list?

"You could proably beat the lower melee players... but i do not think you could hang with people like

Jake
Oscar
Me
Mouff"

Why am I not on that list? XD

Btw, they ***** me today...7 hrs lol but seriously o man...everyone else sucks...

G@BE

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone is questioning you Allan.

You were very good at melee.

I just wish ya would show some respect towards the people who just want to have fun with a game they like.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Takeyourlife... Ill MM you in melee

because everyone in here thinks im all talk :p

Maybe some... but then again... most of Houston sucks.
Now if you could beat people like Me, Jake, Mouf, Oscar and Von... I will gladly shut the fook up and stop trying to rip on you.

Clearly you just got worse and he is just capitalizing on your crapness

You speak a never endless amount of trash..... Smash is smash?
Mechanics differ from game to game. Then its not technically the same game... its like comparing 3rd strike to DoA: Extreme Beach Volleyball
Brawl and Melee are not the same. You will not get better at melee by just playing brawl.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
XD I'll MM you too Takeyourlife

And yeah he has a point about the getting better overall thing lol you can't play SSBB and get better at SSBM because there is nothing in SSBB that came from SSBM

SSB64 had Z canceling...hit stun....combos...(no edge game since everything is 0-death XD)

SSBM had L canceling...hit stun...combos...edge game

SSBB has auto canceling (the other 2 games had that also)...no hit stun lol very little....infinite air dodging...no combos (due to the 2nd two)...auto sweet spot which means it's hard to edgeguard and the edgegame is weak

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Ummm decisions decisions....

While there is no plan for San Antonio to head to the 31st tournament (I could see if Alex19 wants to drive, then fill the car with anyone else, maybe Forkgirl/Caveman or UTSA people. Maybe even Kite) I could attempt something.

However I was already planning on Austin because of the Arcade UFO tournament on the same day.

Right now Austin is more likely, but I may be leaning towards smash because I'm really pissed I did horrible at FS5 thanks to zero sleep. I have been getting better and I want to prove it dammit! So if I can get a car together it's Houston.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
XD I'll MM you too Takeyourlife

And yeah he has a point about the getting better overall thing lol you can't play SSBB and get better at SSBM because there is nothing in SSBB that came from SSBM

SSB64 had Z canceling...hit stun....combos...(no edge game since everything is 0-death XD)

SSBM had L canceling...hit stun...combos...edge game

SSBB has auto canceling (the other 2 games had that also)...no hit stun lol very little....infinite air dodging...no combos (due to the 2nd two)...auto sweet spot which means it's hard to edgeguard and the edgegame is weak
SSB64 had little to NO di.....

ssbm aso had crouch canceling(big part if people messed up on spacing)

ssbb has LOTS of combos. there is not infinite air dodging.

and for the record, sethlon HAS getten better at melee after playing brawl.......ask him your self

Sybawave

Smash Ace
SSB64 had Smash DI what are you talking about?

SSBM it takes skill to space....

SSBB show me some go to training mode and see how many you can get lol and Jump off Hyrule Temple and see if you can't do anything after an airdodge...all you're going to do is airdodge until you're dead...

G@BE

Smash Lord
While i agree with Xyro

I still think its rather funny how you supported a game for so long only to talk it down now. You were all for making the melee community better at one point. It just sad to see you away from it now.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Ummm decisions decisions....

While there is no plan for San Antonio to head to the 31st tournament (I could see if Alex19 wants to drive, then fill the car with anyone else, maybe Forkgirl/Caveman or UTSA people. Maybe even Kite) I could attempt something.

However I was already planning on Austin because of the Arcade UFO tournament on the same day.

Right now Austin is more likely, but I may be leaning towards smash because I'm really pissed I did horrible at FS5 thanks to zero sleep. I have been getting better and I want to prove it dammit! So if I can get a car together it's Houston.
Houston as a whole has gotten better so if you want a challenge then this event here might be right up your alley. I don't know how that would fare as for proving yourself, but if do good you'll get more props out of me that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom